Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What will be JOON's first [last] routes?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:05 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by orbitmic
hence wanting to keep a business class cabin (if only in name - by the way I'm not even sure it will keep the free middle seat?)
They advertise JN European C by saying "no neighbour" so I guess they will indeed keep free the middle seat.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by bodory
They advertise JN European C by saying "no neighbour" so I guess they will indeed keep free the middle seat.
ah I missed that! Thanks!! ^
Old Sep 27, 2017, 8:00 am
q

Anyone knows if CC recruited for the new airline are already on line training (presumably on AF) and on which route(s)?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:23 am
RMO

I booked a flight from LIS to LAX on Air France (through CDG). When I booked - earlier this month - the LIS-CDG/CDG-LIS legs were being sold - and still are - as operated by Air France (Air France airplanes, crew, etc.). To my surprise though Air France won't fly anymore to LIS, OPO, BCN and TXL since their flights will be replaced by JOON's from December 1 on! Can you believe it? I hope other flag carriers don't follow suit. I am now trying to get my flights rebooked to KLM with no penalties/extra payements or a full refund to book on another airline since I was totally misled by AF's booking system (puposely or not). Even though I qualify as a "millennial" their marketing and branding of JOON is so tacky and far-fetched that I don't feel any interest in experiencing the product. I'm guessing they will loose many customers who are (were) faithful to the Air France brand. I am one of them.

Last edited by RMO; Sep 29, 2017 at 7:10 am
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: FB Platinum
You'll still get your miles, sandwich and drink. Don't see what the problem is. What makes you think any other airline will be better?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by rosensfole
You'll still get your miles, sandwich and drink. Don't see what the problem is. What makes you think any other airline will be better?
True + FB Elite benefits if applicable

Originally Posted by RMO
I hope other flag carriers don't follow suit.
If you think AF is the 1st one, then you are very late. Heard about most of medium-haul Iberia flights transferred to Vueling, all non-hub flights of LH transferred to Germanwings, Eurowings and I-don’t-know-what wings ? Don’t get me wrong, I hate this tendency but that’s the reality.

Originally Posted by RMO
I'm guessing they will loose many customers who are (were) faithful to the Air France brand. I am one of them.
well even if you want to be loyal, there will be no more AF metal to Portugal. So it might be still better to fly Joon for the reasons given by Rosenfole rather than flying TAP or one of the numerous LCC flying this route.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Goldorak
If you think AF is the 1st one, then you are very late. Heard about most of medium-haul Iberia flights transferred to Vueling, all non-hub flights of LH transferred to Germanwings, Eurowings and I-don’t-know-what wings ?
Yes, but to be fair, Air France is the only airline on an itinerary LAX-xxx-LIS to put its passengers on its lower cost subsidiary after transferring over from the longhaul flight on a mainline aircraft. Through LHR it‘s BA all the way, through MUC or FRA it‘s LH all the way, through MAD it‘s IB all the way, through ZRH it‘s LX all the way, through FCO it‘s AZ all the way, and so on. No Vueling, no Eurowings, no IberiaExpress. Air France is the only airline that has a „brand change“ for transfers at its hub. Other airlines use their lower cost subsidiaries on routes away from the hubs.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
No Vueling, no Eurowings, no IberiaExpress. Air France is the only airline that has a „brand change“ for transfers at its hub. Other airlines use their lower cost subsidiaries on routes away from the hubs.
That is not correct. IB has plenty of IberiaExpress routes from MAD: LGW, AMS, CPH, NCE, MRS, etc... not all of them are exclusively Iberia Express but some flights are and they are on offer when you try to book.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:30 pm
q

_THIS_ is a more refreshing and straightforward style of marketing, than the Millenials thing
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:02 pm
RMO

Well, at least they won't be welcoming me in their white sneakers? It doesn't make sense that I get FAs in Christian Lacroix suits and high-heels on the long-haul flights and then "joons" in their tracksuits on the medium-haul ones, does it? I feel like I have been kind of downgraded. What ever happened to French chic?

Originally Posted by Goldorak
If you think AF is the 1st one, then you are very late. Heard about most of medium-haul Iberia flights transferred to Vueling, all non-hub flights of LH transferred to Germanwings, Eurowings and I-don’t-know-what wings ? Don’t get me wrong, I hate this tendency but that’s the reality.
I think that AF is the first one to completely replace its "flagship product" so to speak with a low-cost one (even though they say it's not low-cost but something in-between). All other major flag carriers still fly their best product to LIS from their main hub(s), such as Lufthansa, KLM, Swiss, British Airways, Iberia.

It's disappointing and they will probably regret it.

Last edited by RMO; Sep 29, 2017 at 1:10 pm
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
After having flown this week to TXL and back, I thought that this is likely the last time I fly there on AF...very sad
and no or very few so-called millenials, plenty of business travelers like on any other route. Complete nonsense
Old Sep 30, 2017, 2:18 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
Thats not what the Joon website is saying

And if you're feeling hungry, our inflight menu lets you purchase and share sweet or savory snacks, sandwiches, salads and tapas. Whether you go to Barcelona or not. Olé.

I get the feeling I wont be going to BKK with AF even though I wont need to pay up front, the whole thing sounds awful to me.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 6:10 am
RMO

Yes, in economy class only beverages such as coffee, tea, orange juice are free. Food is available but at a cost.

I watched a few interviews of AF's CEO and I got the feeling that even he doesn't know exactly what this "airline" is all about. He called it a "hybrid" and was reproached by the interviewer telling him that a "hybrid" has a somewhat pejorative connotation.

Interview with AF's CEO (in French):
Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Je n'arrive pas croire les conneries qu'il raconte...
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
Je n'arrive pas croire les conneries qu'il raconte...
The more I hear about it, the more I believe that this is just blabla to start creating a new recruiting on more productive contracts. Like a magician who makes you focus on his right hand (marketing blabla), while what is important happens in the left hand (create a new contract that will be extended to most new recruit).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.