Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What will be JOON's first [last] routes?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:07 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Flew CDG-LIS connecting from long-haul on wednesday. Aesthetically, the uniforms are hideous and pure non-sense: not only the white sneakers, but also the puffer jackets (seriously?).

No special treatment as Plat: no greeting (which is the standard in AF or KL either way), and no offer of any item from the menu. Upon arrival to LIS, we parket at a busgate (which is unusual for this specific flight).

The highlight of the flight, however, was the BoB: as soon as the FA started rolling the trolley down the aisle, pax seating in the aft rows got up and walked to row 3 to buy items, as if it was a street market. The FA told them she'd get to the back of the plane, but still obliged and sold them items on the spot
Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tff
The highlight of the flight, however, was the BoB: as soon as the FA started rolling the trolley down the aisle, pax seating in the aft rows got up and walked to row 3 to buy items, as if it was a street market. The FA told them she'd get to the back of the plane, but still obliged and sold them items on the spot
It might have been a BA regular, scarred by the experience of the crew having run out of anything half decent by the time they get halfway down the plane.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Booked a couple of Paris-Lisbon flights for private weekends next year, all JOON.

It actually *is* an improvement: whilst prices are the same as before (so no disadvantage from passing to JOON), the FA outfit is obviously ridiculous (who cares, not a reason to fly with them or not to fly with them), catering is now BOB in Eco (so what, I can pay 10 EUR during the flight or on the ground or eat in the lounge, I never took the AF onboard sandwiches in Y anyway) there is one marked improvement: all flights are now on JOON A320 with comfortable seats, instead of some flights operated by A318 with their terribly uncomfortable seats! So for me that works. Re-fitting the A318s with proper seats would have been the better option, but given the choice between a JOON A320 with the new seats and an Air France A318 with the NEO seats I clearly prefer the new seats.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:57 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Zembla
Form my understanding, only Y will be cheaper on JOON. In Y you will ha e to pay extra for all sorts of things. J is supposed to be pretty much the same kind of pricing and all inclusive service as on AF (in NEV4 for now...)

So basicall, from my understanding, JOON wants to be LCC in Y and business as usual in J.
So, I had a last roundtrip flight to TXL with Air France during the week of Nov. 25th and another one the following week with Air France by Joon, whatever the name.

As mentioned earlier, on the TXL-CDG leg operated by Air France, I had a free sandwich, chose a whisky, and was promptly offered a second one ;-).

Let's move on to the first CDG-TXL flight with Joon in Y:
  • There was a first trolley with just the free beverage service:
  • On this flight, I was in the 4th or 5th row; the second trolley with the BYOB appeared once the lunch service in C was completed
  • So, I was able to order my food and beverages 10mn before the aircraft started its descent, but I definitely had more luck than
    the passengers at the rear of the aircraft, who could barely order their food before the seat belts sign was activated
  • The flight did originate in CDG, but the salad I had chosen was not available
  • I then chose a sandwich, for € 6 and € 5 for a whisky; the 20cl of basic Lanson was priced at EUR 12, which seemed to me to be
    far less value for money than the rest of the menu
  • The flight attendant asked me to give some constructive feedback, but I never saw him again
  • Overall, not thrilled by the time needed to get a sandwich when seated in row 4 or 5
Now, for the flight back in C:
  • Typical seamless and personalized C service for an intra-European Air France flight
  • Extremely courteous Chef de Cabine, who also kept my glass of Champagne filled throughout the flight
  • Smallish tray of food, with a hot item, in this case, bread
  • The BYOB trolley started its move towards the rear of the cabin before service had been completed
    in C, so hopefully, the passengers did not have to wait for too long to buy some food
  • I had purchased an additional piece of baggage, as I usually have some equipment for this yearly
    conference in Berlin; buying the business class seat as an option at OLCI did not increase the number
    of pieces of baggage displayed for check-in
Overall, based on the experience of this single pair of flights and my own personal biases, I would recommend
that Air France ditch the BYOB trolley and allow me to pre-pay for an ŕ la carte meal, identical to the ones
available for a long-haul flight, charging me something like EUR 30 for the privilege of a hot meal and some wine.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thank you Jouy31 for this report. Rather disappointing
Old Dec 13, 2017, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Are they losing their mind ???
airlineroutes has just published details about Joon operations to IST : only 1 daily flight and in the middle of the night. It’s time to take KL to IST...
AF1390 CDG2240 – 0305+1IST 320 D
AF1391 IST0405 – 0650CDG 320 D

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-12dec17/
fifty_two likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Are they losing their mind ???
airlineroutes has just published details about Joon operations to IST : only 1 daily flight and in the middle of the night. It’s time to take KL to IST...
AF1390 CDG2240 – 0305+1IST 320 D
AF1391 IST0405 – 0650CDG 320 D

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-12dec17/
This was discussed above.
remember that TK now has 6 daily flights (including one to SAW), three of them in LH A333 for transfers from/to Asia.
AF codeshares with a single KK flight (real business class seats) and now has a JN night flight.
The night flight is a shocking novelty for medium haul. I guess it means that the same JN crew will do both legs.And it will enhance plabe utilization.
But what an unpleasant timing for tourists (seems like charter flights schedule). It's only attractive if you wish to spend a full day in Paris (late departure/early arrival).
Whether it will be succesful is another question. I guess AF is floating the experiment of better use of its A320 fleet.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is insane. No regular flier to/fr Paris is going to take this flight, and it does not even make great sense to make any connections!
Old Dec 13, 2017, 11:37 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Complete nonsense this night flight. I will either use one of the KK code shares (even if they use the crappy old AF lounge in 2C), KL or TK.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by olivedel
Complete nonsense this night flight. I will either use one of the KK code shares (even if they use the crappy old AF lounge in 2C), KL or TK.
Why use KK (crappy as you say) or KL (change in AMS)? TK has plenty of flights, half of them with longhaul planes and all the IFE and lie-flat business class seats, and even the narrowbody flights have a true Business Class with wider seats and much more legroom, the Do&Co catering is excellent, the TK lounge in IST is spectacular and the Star Alliance lounge in Paris certainly better than the 2C lounge, let alone the Crown Room in AMS. AFKL has more or less abandoned the route (as have so many other European legacy carriers, as dicussed above).

TK was always the better choice to fly to IST, it's just become even more compelling than before.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Always? Not really. Until 4-5 years ago TK had the same frequency as AF to CDG, flew only narrow bodies on the route and did not have a real Business Class. Over the last 5 years, especially the last 2-3 as CDG became a "focus" for TK with the improvements that you highlight.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: Flying Blue PFL, Eurostar Carte Blanche, Marriott Platinum
The other ridiculous data point is that JN doesn't accept AFKL AMEX for their BOB.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by CDGcommuter
The other ridiculous data point is that JN doesn't accept AFKL AMEX for their BOB.
Not as ridiculous as launching an airline explicitly targeted at Millennials without onboard WiFi!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:46 am

Programs: FB Platinum, AS MVP Gold, HH Gold, IHG Gold
Proof that with Joon, hot meals are discountinued on longer routes such as CDG-LIS
https://flight-report.com/en/report/...CDG-Lisbon-LIS

De Juniac era seems very far...
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
I am just out of comments when I read this article (in French, sorry).
Joon wasn't the Low Cost Airline ? Now we have Air France, HOP, KLM, Transavia and Joon, plus this new Level-like airline?

Come on...
Carel1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.