What will be JOON's first [last] routes?

Old Apr 22, 2018, 5:26 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
slightly OT, but...be ready for the millennial shock : the safety video of Joon
Oh my goodness !
oh dear lord.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hfly
Does this all not remind everyone of SONG?
Not really. Different continent, different era, different market structure and circumstances. For every 1000 comparisons between US and European airlines, 2 make sense and the other 998 do not. I am not entirely sure that this one is one of the two rather than the 998.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

hmmm, an airline within an airline. Pilots on the same contract, FA's sort of on a different contract, but not really. Supposed to be young and fresh, as evidenced by uniforms, both trying to be "young" and "quirky". Also supposed to be lower cost. At the time, TV as the entertainment draw, now wifi delivery of content the draw. Both offering very knocked down catering and drink. I would say that that unlike the Lh 'wings" which is a different proposiition, Joon looks exactly like it was lifted from the "Song" playbook. Let's see if it as just as successful?!?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: FB Plat
Oh my goodness !
I like it!
Old Apr 23, 2018, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I like it too.
Other airlines have introduced fun safety videos.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:18 am
q

(deleted)

Last edited by q; Apr 23, 2018 at 6:21 am Reason: (deleted)
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:35 pm

I had 2 flights on Joon in the last 2 weeks (cdg > fco and back) in business. It was fine, and very much what you would expect from a intra-europe biz class flight: no leg room, no one in middle seat. The food was decent, service was great, I really can't complain much. I suppose that with my lowered expectations, it was better than I expected. The most annoying thing to me was the boarding music. Some really strange stuff, with a lady yelling "Shout, Shout, HEY YOU Shout!" I'm like, this is an airplane so definitely don't shout.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:18 pm

Oh my goodness !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2UwiVAQX_8
I actually like it, but then again i could probably be considered a millenial

On Joon itself, i find it to be good within Europe, i like their food offer and therefore don't mind as much paying for it, content streaming is a decent plus and i find the cabin crew to be more attentive than AF medium-haul on average.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joyu12
I actually like it, but then again i could probably be considered a millenial

On Joon itself, i find it to be good within Europe, i like their food offer and therefore don't mind as much paying for it, content streaming is a decent plus and i find the cabin crew to be more attentive than AF medium-haul on average.
I prefer the AF mainline one but I can't see anything wrong with this one (and I am far too ancient to qualify as millenial ). Not the best flight safety video I have ever seen but nowhere near the worst either. better than average but no more, I'd say.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: FB Platinum, AS MVP Gold, HH Gold, IHG Gold
I have just published (in french) my trip report on Joon's inaugural flight to Cape Town in Business Class.
This is probably the most comprehensive review to date, any question please let me know here

https://flight-report.com/en/report/31766/Joon-AF864-Paris-CDG-Cape-Town-CPT

Old Apr 24, 2018, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Leadership
I have just published (in french) my trip report on Joon's inaugural flight to Cape Town in Business Class.
This is probably the most comprehensive review to date, any question please let me know here
Nice TR and video
I like te interior/colors. The W seat looks so much more comfortable than the AF one.
But, as you said, having to pay in W for the aperitif is shocking
Old Apr 25, 2018, 2:27 am

Programs: FB Platinum, AS MVP Gold, HH Gold, IHG Gold
Nice TR and video
I like te interior/colors. The W seat looks so much more comfortable than the AF one.
Thanks
Yes it's very stingy for W pax...
Old Apr 25, 2018, 3:34 am

Nice TR and video
I shall be testing the W seat in July (Jooly??), but they certainly look a much better design. The front row, with the clever folding footrest, looks the place to be, no-one reclining into your space.
However, paying a few Euro for drinks outside of the meal service seems like ridiculous penny-pinching in W. LH (for e.g.) offer similar prices for MAN-BOM for W but the level of service onboard seems much higher than Joon. I will be considering alternatives to AFKL if the Joonification continues...
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:18 pm

Flew Cairo to CDG redeye (leaving 1am, landing 6am), a340 business class. Slept the whole way through - it says angle-flat but really was mostly lie-flat for my purposes, I had no issues sleeping for the redeye (skipped any meals etc).

Saudi lounge access in cairo airport with the J ticket where you can eat before the flight.
Good roundtrip prices ex-Cairo as usual for business class, will fly again.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Great that they introduced a large screen. It is a shame to see the screen size on most AF planes even in premium cabins.
Great that they introduced a reclining PE, rather than the awful non-reclining shell seat. Several airlines had introduced those shell seats in PE and quickly went through the big investment to replace them by reclining seats (CX and NH come to mind). AF was the dinosaur in the pack.

PE is improved E, not business. The line has to be drawn somewhere. Apparently PE pax get champagne on boarding. I have no problem that JN, a "lower cost" airline, charges for aperitif. It seems to me a reasonable cost cut and consistent with an economy fare.

The fact that JN made this big retrofit investment shows that the A340 are here to stay for a few years.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.