Wiki Posts
Search

Boost project name revealed: JOON

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
There is something that worries me in the AF Q&A published in the travel agents portal :

which can be translated into "at the beginning, there will be no difference in the airport/ground experience. Different ways will be subsequently explored to differentiate the ground experience"

As this is a comparison between AF and Joon, I don't see what could be differentiated for the airport/ground experience apart removing existing benefits when flying Joon compared to those you have flying AF metal in upper classes or for status holders in FB ?

maybe I am seeing this in a too negative way, but...
I think that JOON will start using "costly" AF check-in counters. But SOON they will have dedicated counter with long long lines.

Like others I believe that this is currently just a concept in evolution and practical details will evolve as they start recruiting FAs, retrofitting planes, deciding on routes (they already have some ideas), etc...
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
I think what Goldorak had in mind - and I agree with him - is the parallel between JOON and ROUGE in the sense that it is a distinct brand name, flying shorthaul and longhaul, but all under the parent code. Unlike LH JUMP (which is no different brand/service to the outside) or any of the leisure subsidiaries (Edelweiss) or any of the LCC subsidiaries (Level, Vueling, Transavia, Eurowings). In that sense, the parallel does exist. He did not refer to the actual service concept on board, which is different indeed.
That's exactly that
Old Jul 27, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
Originally Posted by Satie
Furthermore, the uniforms are horrendous (polo and sneakers...).

Maybe the management liked those horrendous ones at Cebu Pacific...

U
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:32 am

Programs: FB Plat
I got this ad on Twitter, so apparently I must be a millenial. https://twitter.com/weflyjoon/status/910802783225438208

For those not interested by the video, here is the link (French) to the services available by JOON partners: https://www.airfrance.fr/FR/fr/local/home/joon/ProductAndServicesJoonAction.do?page=services-et-classes/partenaires

I must go to work (there might be an English version somewhere?). I have to admit it sparks my curiosity.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:23 pm

So they mill wear polos and snickers. Fine by me exause there will still be a business class, unlike with Transavia. If said business is well priced...
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:21 am

Programs: Many
FWIW Joon callsign will be "Air France".
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by bodory
FWIW Joon callsign will be "Air France".
what else ?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: Delta PM Elite Plus, Aegean
Has anyone flown JOON

Originally Posted by irishguy28
It seems that the guys can opt for blue suede shoes instead...
I am flying to and from Cairo on Delta metal in three weeks, and the first 3 of 4 flights are operated by AF (as AF). The 3rd of the 4 segments is CAI to CDG. I've been reading online reviews and worrying whether my Gold status with Delta will mean anything for preferential seat assignments, free baggage etc. The reviews of Joon that I have seen have not been good (except for the FAs).
Old Feb 25, 2018, 4:54 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I think you mean Delta codeshares. 'Delta metal' is another way of saying 'Operated by Delta', which for these flights is not the case.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by af fp
So they mill wear polos and snickers.
That will give the staff a very utilitarian look...

Old Feb 27, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by irishguy28
That will give the staff a very utilitarian look...

F/As going down to the ground in between flights? Load the holds before boarding, load the bins after boarding, O'Leary will like this
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: FB Plat
The Paris-Mumbai line is now JOONed starting from June 18th: https://www.boursier.com/actions/actualites/economie/air-france-confie-sa-liaison-paris-mumbai-a-joon-38249.html (French)
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: AC MM
I was expecting JOON to become something like Eurowings is at Lufthansa, a low cost model where you can book one way fares at lower cost levels without having to purchase round trips but Joon seems to be the same as Air France in this regards.

Tried to book CDG to Cairo one way but it only prices out as a Premium Economy fare at almost US$ 3,000.
Round trip fares are priced a little lower but it seems it's basically Air France with a different name.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by yvrcnx
I was expecting JOON to become something like Eurowings is at Lufthansa, a low cost model where you can book one way fares at lower cost levels without having to purchase round trips but Joon seems to be the same as Air France in this regards.

Tried to book CDG to Cairo one way but it only prices out as a Premium Economy fare at almost US$ 3,000.
Round trip fares are priced a little lower but it seems it's basically Air France with a different name.
They might adapt pricing in the (near) future.
But AF always claimed that JOON was not a LCC. For that, they have transavia.
Again, my view is that it is primarily a way to recruit new staff under a different and more productive employment contract.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: AC MM
Originally Posted by brunos
They might adapt pricing in the (near) future.
But AF always claimed that JOON was not a LCC. For that, they have transavia.
Again, my view is that it is primarily a way to recruit new staff under a different and more productive employment contract.
It does look like that brunos and it makes sense.

I had a somewhat selfish motive as I was hoping to book the one way with JOON to Cairo because they are using an A340 on that route versus all the 737's and Airbus 320's and my excitement soon turned to disappointment when I saw the airfare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.