FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   To be confirmed: Paid upgrades now trigger upper class mileage earning (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1854968-confirmed-paid-upgrades-now-trigger-upper-class-mileage-earning.html)

olivedel Jul 19, 2017 6:38 am

To be confirmed: Paid upgrades now trigger upper class mileage earning

A couple of reports mention the fact that paid upgrades on AF now trigger the mileage earning of the target class, at least in Medium Haul flights.

Does anyone have the same recent (<15 days) experience?

irishguy28 Jul 19, 2017 6:55 am

All fully-paid upgrades should earn at the higher rate [You paid the full amount for an upgraded cabin, so why wouldn't you get the miles?].

I think you are mixing up several topics here - referring to paying the full fee to upgrade a ticket on one hand, and day-of-departure OLCI offers/bidding for upgrade/op-ups/non-paid upgrades on the other.

fifty_two Jul 19, 2017 6:56 am

Originally Posted by olivedel (Post 28579009)
A couple of reports mention the fact that paid upgrades on AF now trigger the mileage earning of the target class, at least in Medium Haul flights.

Does anyone have the same recent (<15 days) experience?

Yes , for medium haul paid by cash yes , for long haul i dont know as i always pay with miles

But dont take it for granted , one day they may change their mind

Ditto Jul 19, 2017 6:56 am

This happens every now and then... but normally you would get the original mileage (for DOD type upgrades)
I had several KL/AF flights where I got "M1" as the earning class, even though the ticket was on a cheaper bucket.

olivedel Jul 19, 2017 8:55 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 28579062)
All fully-paid upgrades should earn at the higher rate [You paid the full amount for an upgraded cabin, so why wouldn't you get the miles?].

I think you are mixing up several topics here - referring to paying the full fee to upgrade a ticket on one hand, and day-of-departure OLCI offers/bidding for upgrade/op-ups/non-paid upgrades on the other.

Not mixing anything. I am of course not referring to re-pricing to another class of service, but paid upgrade at OLCI. AF has no bidding mechanism.

Andy82 Jul 19, 2017 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Ditto (Post 28579069)
This happens every now and then... but normally you would get the original mileage (for DOD type upgrades)
I had several KL/AF flights where I got "M1" as the earning class, even though the ticket was on a cheaper bucket.

Happened to my friend as well on KL flight from AMS to EZE, M1 earning class, on May. He got quite some more miles compared to the initial fare, for a relatively cheap DOD upgrade.

Wil973 Jul 19, 2017 1:49 pm

I paid To upgrade <two weeks ... was booked in economy received 7700 miles statut 3300 miles prime and 5000 ...but That was because my Seat was dirty ... sorry about my english

on economy i received 1100 miles and 770 miles prime

HeartFist Jul 21, 2017 2:50 am

So does this mean when you take the offer on OLCI to upgrade to Business class (usually between 89€ or 129€ between Germany and France) you would get the miles for the (lowest) Business booking class?

newflyer27 Jul 21, 2017 5:05 am

Originally Posted by HeartFist (Post 28587007)
So does this mean when you take the offer on OLCI to upgrade to Business class (usually between 89€ or 129€ between Germany and France) you would get the miles for the (lowest) Business booking class?

i upgraded (at OLCI) 2 months ago from Y to W on JFK CDG and got the miles of highest economy class Y. i don't know about business though.

HeartFist Jul 21, 2017 7:21 am

Originally Posted by newflyer27 (Post 28587287)
i upgraded (at OLCI) 2 months ago from Y to W on JFK CDG and got the miles of highest economy class Y. i don't know about business though.

Do you know which booking class you had initially? Was it Y already or was it a very discounted one like T, N, R, G, V?

newflyer27 Jul 22, 2017 5:17 am

Originally Posted by HeartFist (Post 28587612)
Do you know which booking class you had initially? Was it Y already or was it a very discounted one like T, N, R, G, V?

the cheapest one, V. And i just paid 159 euros to get in W and earn 4 times more miles.

ranskis Jul 24, 2017 3:14 am

And since Y earns the same as A and almost the same as Z on long haul, that is a pretty good deal indeed to at least earn full economy miles.

halflife Jul 24, 2017 12:02 pm

On July, 22th, at OLCI, I paid the upgrade 89 euros, CDG-TXL.
Original booking was V class MINI Fare.
Got 1.500 status miles (So 200% not 250%) + 750 Platinum bonus.

olivedel Jul 25, 2017 5:20 am

I think it works for Medium Haul flights only. Therefore even the lowest Business booking class provides 250% status miles

Goldorak Jul 25, 2017 9:02 am

Originally Posted by olivedel (Post 28604472)
I think it works for Medium Haul flights only. Therefore even the lowest Business booking class provides 250% status miles

so is this a glitch ?