CDG 2F evacuated "to comply with security rules"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:22 am
Original Poster

CDG 2F evacuated "to comply with security rules"

http://www.euronews.com/2017/07/01/t...engers-waiting
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM; EK Silver; HH Gold
Wow. That must have been a real mess. Any word yet on what caused it?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Unfortunately, this is a kind of non-event happening almost daily at 2F and several times daily at 2E because of unattended luggages left by morons. What is even more shocking, is that in 2E the great majority of unattended bags is a voluntary abandon from pax flying to Africa with tons of luggage and who refuse to pay the excess bag fees and prefer to leave their stuff in the terminal. And of coursé despite being passible of a huge fine, nobody ever get it in France
Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
This time an unidentified person went into the secure area of 2F through one way doors, as the guard meant to prevent it from happening had left his post without informing his hierarchy.

They could not find the intruder so closed and evacuated 2F to make it safe again.

We sat on the tarmac for 2 hours.

Deplaned by bus.

Good point is our luggage was waiting for us.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by carnarvon
This time an unidentified person went into the secure area of 2F through one way doors, as the guard meant to prevent it from happening had left his post without informing his hierarchy.

They could not find the intruder so closed and evacuated 2F to make it safe again.

We sat on the tarmac for 2 hours.

Deplaned by bus.

Good point is our luggage was waiting for us.
WOW, this is bad
Old Jul 1, 2017, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carnarvon
Isn't one-way doors meant to prevent pax from doing it by being a one-way door? I can't recall seeing anyone 'guarding' those doors in other airports, don't think I ever exited CDG from 2F.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ditto
Isn't one-way doors meant to prevent pax from doing it by being a one-way door? I can't recall seeing anyone 'guarding' those doors in other airports, don't think I ever exited CDG from 2F.
Is it even physically possible to get in through these doors? I thought they were built so that this kind of mess wouldn't be possible.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 6:54 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Paris Aéroport tweet
Terminal 2F. Retour progressif à la normale
Vs.

Originally Posted by AF Flight Operations VP tweet
Ai vécu cette situation "en live" avec nos clients et on était loin d'un "retour progressif à la normale". Les équipes AF ont fait le Max.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Oxymore
Is it even physically possible to get in through these doors? I thought they were built so that this kind of mess wouldn't be possible.
If some auhtorized staff just comes out from the uathorized side, then one can easily come in...
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
If some auhtorized staff just comes out from the uathorized side, then one can easily come in...
But that wouldn't be through the one-way doors, would it?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Ditto
But that wouldn't be through the one-way doors, would it?
Maybe I misunderstand which door is referred to.
My understanding is that this is a door that can be used to exit from the secure area and should not be used to enter it. When someone exit the secure area, the doors open and one could squeeze in from the outside. Maybe I am wrong.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
Maybe I misunderstand which door is referred to.
My understanding is that this is a door that can be used to exit from the secure area and should not be used to enter it. When someone exit the secure area, the doors open and one could squeeze in from the outside. Maybe I am wrong.
Exactly that door, then, it will be quite difficult to squeeze in though since it's normally a set of 2 doors, and the corridor is narrow enough so that just one person can go through at a time...

That's not how authorized staff enter the secure area in CDG I would hope

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.