Community
Wiki Posts
Search

La Premiére lounge CDG - worth it in the morning?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:19 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
La Premiére lounge CDG - worth it in the morning?

Hey folks -- flying JFK-CDG-NAP in a bit and was wondering if it's worth getting the ground services + first class lounge package for our (J-class) trip. We're landing at 6:40 or so, have 3h 40m in CDG. Is the restaurant in the lounge serving (proper) food at that point? Worth it?

Would love your thoughts.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:52 pm

I tried both breakfast and lunch at the lounge, and while the lunch dishes were outstanding, the breakfast dishes were so-so.
I don't think the breakfast dishes are done by Alain Ducasse.
You order breakfast items from a separate breakfast menu that is different from the lunch menu, although both meals are served restaurant style.
I'd still spend time in the lounge during morning time, but just be aware that the breakfast dishes IMHO won't be very impressive.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Breakfast is just breakfast and will never be as good as a lunch or a dinner. The breakfast served in the P lounge is extremely decent , but again, this is just a breakfast. Nothing to write home about some eggs, bacon, bread and jam etc while the food served for lunch and dinner is just outstanding.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 2:44 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Fair. Thank you!
Old Jun 30, 2017, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
During my visit last month, I was hungry for lunch (well specifically the amazing Coquillettes Jambon/Truffe Noir) at around 10:15am. My server said that they switched from Breakfast to the All Day menu at 11am but there was no problem if I wanted to order from the All Day menu at that time. Not sure if it would be same response if I had asked at 9am though.

Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
During my visit last month, I was hungry for lunch (well specifically the amazing Coquillettes Jambon/Truffe Noir) at around 10:15am. My server said that they switched from Breakfast to the All Day menu at 11am but there was no problem if I wanted to order from the All Day menu at that time. Not sure if it would be same response if I had asked at 9am though.

This is off-topic, but I noticed sometimes they throw in chunks of shaved truffles into this dish and sometimes there are hardly any truffles inside.
The inconsistency made me wonder whether I specifically need to ask for truffles to be included when I order..
Old Jul 4, 2017, 5:15 pm

I am going to respectfully disagree with the prior posters in regard to breakfast at The la Premiere Lounge. Had it twice last year and both times it was the best scrambled eggs I have ever had!!! I think it was the Gruyere cheese that they add into it.
Cant wait to try breakfast again this September
Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:34 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Originally Posted by agjil
This is off-topic, but I noticed sometimes they throw in chunks of shaved truffles into this dish and sometimes there are hardly any truffles inside.
The inconsistency made me wonder whether I specifically need to ask for truffles to be included when I order..
Sure (22nd of april 2017)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.