Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 Departures from 2E - M Gates Only?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
A380 Departures from 2E - M Gates Only?

I thought I had read this in an earlier post, but can't seem to find it. For A380 aircraft, are only the 2E - M gates used for departure? I have a 4:40pm departure in J to JFK in a few weeks and, since the M concourse AF lounge closes at 4pm, just wonderin.' If the flight is on time, I know I should proably be at the gate by 4. But, if the flight is delayed, as it was recently, what are, if any, my post 4pm lounge options?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
I take this flight regularly and it always, in my experience, leaves from the L gates.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Thanks. Of course, since the L lounge is currently under renovation, what lounge should I use? The M and then shuttle?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by arkangel
I thought I had read this in an earlier post, but can't seem to find it. For A380 aircraft, are only the 2E - M gates used for departure? I have a 4:40pm departure in J to JFK in a few weeks and, since the M concourse AF lounge closes at 4pm, just wonderin.' If the flight is on time, I know I should proably be at the gate by 4. But, if the flight is delayed, as it was recently, what are, if any, my post 4pm lounge options?
Originally Posted by Oxymore
I take this flight regularly and it always, in my experience, leaves from the L gates.
A380 are either in L or M. M concourse used to close at 2 pm but recently, they extended the operation hours to indeed 4 or 5 pm.
If the flight was leaving from M and is delayed, the lounge will remain open until the last flight depart (I have never seen with AF what you see sometimes in the US where they kick you out of a lounge at the scheduled closing time even if some flights are delayed).

Thanks. Of course, since the L lounge is currently under renovation, what lounge should I use? The M and then shuttle?
K or M and a special shuttle.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
I took this flight not so long ago and went to the K lounge. Then I walked back out through security and took the shuttle to L and cleared security again.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
For A380 aircraft, are only the 2E - M gates used for departure?
I flew the A380 last January and we left from the M gates, but I've flown it in the past and departed from the L gates.

Last edited by ShopAround; Jun 29, 2017 at 7:46 am
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Mirk
I took this flight not so long ago and went to the K lounge. Then I walked back out through security and took the shuttle to L and cleared security again.
you don't need to re-clear security if you take the special airside shuttle for pax in lounge.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Goldorak
you don't need to re-clear security if you take the special airside shuttle for pax in lounge.
I thought the shuttle was only at certain hours, is it running all day now?
Also, before leaving the lounge K, I asked how to get to L and that's how they told me to do.

Good thing if there's a special shuttle all the time now.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

I don't know (no personal experience, all my recent long hauls were from K or M).
Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: Flying Blue PFL, Eurostar Carte Blanche, Marriott Platinum
Also, before leaving the lounge K, I asked how to get to L and that's how they told me to do.

Good thing if there's a special shuttle all the time now.
At the K lounge they told me that the shuttle bus runs only for the evening wave of flights (starting at 7PM, if I remember well). During the rest of the day, you have to do exactly what you did.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

To update, my A380 flight on July 27 departed from the L concourse. Limited connection time did not allow going to the M or K lounges. However, the L lounge was just fine, even if under renovation.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 4:10 pm

1,5 hour transfer time from 2F to 2E

I have a 1,5 hour layover arriving at 08:50AM at terminal 2F (from AMS) and departing from terminal 2E to LAX (A380), two questions:
i. do I need to go through security?
ii. will I have enough time to go to the lounge?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: FB Plat
1) Security no, passport control yes
2) Depends on the gate. 2E is divided into gates K, L and M. I had a flight at K (the closest one when you enter 2E), Skypriority to clear off passport control, and I still took at least 40 minutes to transfert from 2F to 2E in late June.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.