Search

La Premiere Lounge Access - Transit - 2017

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2017, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1mm; SPG Gold
La Premiere Lounge Access - Transit - 2017

Greetings,

Will soon be traveling La Premiere -- and AF -- for the first time.

Outbound USA - CDG - NCE, with an (intentional) ~12 hour layover in CDG.

Plan is to head to the Yotel and sleep upon arrival at CDG, then connect to the NCE segment.

Question: will I have La Premiere lounge access while waiting for my NCE flight (i.e., by virtue of the same-day arrival in longhaul F?)

If it sounds like I'm applying the LH/*A access guidelines to my mental model of this, it's because I am, perhaps mistakenly. I have no status on AF nor SkyTeam.

Many thanks in advance,
Lewis

Last edited by LewDog; May 27, 2017 at 4:23 pm
Old May 27, 2017, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Yes, you'll have full P ground treatment during your connection. In that case, frankly, forget about Yotel and enjoy the P lounge where you can sleep and indulge yourself with spa and absolutely top food. And try if you can to reduce a bit your transit time by taking the flight before to NCE.
Old May 28, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
OT: you stole my name! My nieces and nephews call me Lewdog, actually Lewdawg. I think we can be friends.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
I was wondering if you can store any bags at La Premiere lounge during transit and go wander around CDG airport or even into the city during a long layover?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by tfung
I was wondering if you can store any bags at La Premiere lounge during transit and go wander around CDG airport or even into the city during a long layover?
I've left bags when going to do some duty free shopping (and nipping out for a ciggie) so no problem there. Not so sure about leaving the building but it may not be a problem, give the La Premiere number a call to check.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:06 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Yes, you'll have full P ground treatment during your connection. In that case, frankly, forget about Yotel and enjoy the P lounge where you can sleep and indulge yourself with spa and absolutely top food. And try if you can to reduce a bit your transit time by taking the flight before to NCE.
Can someone confirm this is still the case? I am in a similar situation this coming week. Flying USA-CDG-Spain with an intentional 5 hour stop in Paris where I need to get out of the airport. On my way out I asked the Premiere ground staff in Paris whether I could re-use the Premiere ground service from Terminal 2E when turning up for my CDG-MAD and they said I couldn't.

Since I remembered having read something different here on the forum I wanted to come back and check. Has anyone done something like this recently?

As it happens I have a P flight that same evening when I am back from Spain and continue to PVG, but without leaving the airport (only 1h10 transit time). But that doesn't impact my possibility to use 2E Premiere ground services land-side when flying CDG-MAD after having left the building, or does it?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by San Gottardo

Can someone confirm this is still the case? I am in a similar situation this coming week. Flying USA-CDG-Spain with an intentional 5 hour stop in Paris where I need to get out of the airport. On my way out I asked the Premiere ground staff in Paris whether I could re-use the Premiere ground service from Terminal 2E when turning up for my CDG-MAD and they said I couldn't.

Since I remembered having read something different here on the forum I wanted to come back and check. Has anyone done something like this recently?

As it happens I have a P flight that same evening when I am back from Spain and continue to PVG, but without leaving the airport (only 1h10 transit time). But that doesn't impact my possibility to use 2E Premiere ground services land-side when flying CDG-MAD after having left the building, or does it?
is the USA-CDG-Spain all on one ticket ? If yes, it should be no brainer. And even if not I don’t see why it should be a problem, and even more if you have another flight in P the same evening. You should definitely insist. Call the P line if needed.
San Gottardo likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Thanks.

i’ll check Again with the staff upon arrival, or/and with the Premiere line (I just happen to have more trust in the power users of this forum like Goldorak than in AF call centres, too many false information in the recent past).

The other thing I’ll check is by what time they would want me back at 2E. For a departure from 2F i usually arrive 35-40 Munutes before departure, use the leftmost security lane, and end up with plenty of time for a quick visit to the lounge and board without pressure. If they want me to arrive 1 hour before departure at 2E ( which is very well possible given that their procedures are somewhat more clumsy and time-consuming) then in any case I’ll prefer making my own way through 2F.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
The other thing I’ll check is by what time they would want me back at 2E. For a departure from 2F i usually arrive 35-40 Munutes before departure, use the leftmost security lane, and end up with plenty of time for a quick visit to the lounge and board without pressure. If they want me to arrive 1 hour before departure at 2E ( which is very well possible given that their procedures are somewhat more clumsy and time-consuming) then in any case I’ll prefer making my own way through 2F.
35-40 min will be surely not enough and, frankly, you won’t really benefit from P service apart a limo transfer to your plane. But it seems better to go directly to 2F in your case.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
First-timer on AF LP, IAH-CDG-LHR this coming Friday. I assume full LP ground treatment in CDG despite CDG-LHR being a short-haul narrow-body?
Old Nov 30, 2021, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by st530
First-timer on AF LP, IAH-CDG-LHR this coming Friday. I assume full LP ground treatment in CDG despite CDG-LHR being a short-haul narrow-body?
For sure. The only question is whether you are going to beat the current record of 17 hours in the LPL…

Enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.