CDG Power Outage

Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
CDG Power Outage

Just got off one of the first arrivals of the day. Captain says that the whole airport, or 2E had a power outage, escalators are not working sirens are blaring. I am now sitting in a line for transfer in 2E without any idea what is going on.

-Update: been stuck in "transit" for two hours as security lines to L gates has been progressively building. Passengers on Casablanca flight, first of the day, got pushed ahead and screened. Yet no movement for the rest of us.

Last edited by safari ari; Apr 14, 2017 at 11:00 pm
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Good luck...
When you know the mess it is in "normal circumstances", I imagine easily how it should be today.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Good luck...
When you know the mess it is in "normal circumstances", I imagine easily how it should be today.
Indeed

This morning, arrival by taxi at T2E/F was a real nightmare (traffic jams starting 7km upfront the airport).

Despite leaving home early, I had to ask the taxi to go to T1 and then to take the VAL automatic shuttle not to miss my flight.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 6:57 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Despite leaving home early, I had to ask the taxi to go to T1 and then to take the VAL automatic shuttle not to miss my flight.
Another trick is to go to 2G and then drive to 2E/F from there. No traffic at all in that direction.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by bodory
Another trick is to go to 2G and then drive to 2E/F from there. No traffic at all in that direction.
Indeed, I did that several times.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.