FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   New AF Week-End Card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1835028-new-af-week-end-card.html)

SDQBound Apr 6, 2017 2:53 pm

New AF Week-End Card

Received yesterday an email from AF announcing the introduction of a Week-End card that offers 25% on eligible AF and HOP! flights, similar to the already existent Carte Jeune. More info here:

https://www.airfrance.fr/FR/fr/local...1814-9573-36ab

Seems interesting especially to those of us who travel AF on short weekend trips. Wondering if I would have to credit my flights to FB instead of my Delta account :confused:

Nico40 Apr 7, 2017 4:55 am

Originally Posted by SDQBound (Post 28139462)
Seems interesting especially to those of us who travel AF on short weekend trips.

Even on weekdays it can also be an interesting alternative to the quite expensive Abonnement, if buying nested tickets...

olivedel Apr 10, 2017 5:00 am

Only domestic :(

Goldorak Apr 10, 2017 3:41 pm

And no domestic flights from/to CDG :mad:

lynxy Apr 11, 2017 2:27 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 28156550)

Agreed, it's mostly disappointing as there is no real food in the lounge in ORY :D .

But the prices are interesting. And right when my "youth card" expired ^

delanotre Apr 11, 2017 3:05 am

1 Attachment(s)

AFAIread, it is available to CDG but not from:

Goldorak Apr 11, 2017 6:54 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by delanotre (Post 28159847)
AFAIread, it is available to CDG but not from:

I have seen stupid rules but this one is in the top :confused:
And when you see the list of eligible routes, there is not a single one with CDG. Paris is all ORY.

SDQBound Apr 11, 2017 4:56 pm

25% off is not bad, especially when the prices hike during the peak summer season or long weekends next month.

Goldorak Apr 12, 2017 12:12 am

Originally Posted by SDQBound (Post 28164458)
25% off is not bad, especially when the prices hike during the peak summer season or long weekends next month.

yes, not bad at all. But the fact that CDG is not eligible is no go for me.

missal Apr 12, 2017 12:27 am

I just bought the card. I went into the reservation interface and tried to book a return BOD-PAR(All airports) with the carte, and BOD-CDG is showing up as an option for the flight (with a discount, on random dates I can get the CDG-BOD leg for 38 euros). So I guess some CDG flights are included after all ?

Edit : Never mind, just understood why. Flights to CDG count but not from. Sorry for the useless post.

CDGcommuter Apr 12, 2017 2:53 am

With the AF Abonnement Card even domestic flights count as qualifying flights for French residents, does anyone know if it's also the case with this week-end card? Thank you!

delanotre Apr 12, 2017 4:27 am

Originally Posted by CDGcommuter (Post 28166367)
With the AF Abonnement Card even domestic flights count as qualifying flights for French residents, does anyone know if it's also the case with this week-end card? Thank you!

No, qualifying flights for "in France residents" are just for "abonnés".

AurelAF96 Apr 13, 2017 9:35 pm

The "Carte Jeune" (Youth card) is better that this card, right?

NickB Apr 14, 2017 3:52 am

Are you sure? I followed the link posted by SDQBound in the OP and the listed eligible routes include routes from CDG under "lignes au départ de Paris" and the FAQ also states the following:

Originally Posted by AF Carte Weekend FAQ
Quelles sont les lignes éligibles à l'offre carte Week-End ?
La carte est valable sur les lignes HOP et Air France en France métropolitaine, hors Corse et hors lignes saisonnières

It looks like the list linked from the FAQ was updated on 10/4/17 so could there have been a mistake in not listing CDG routes originally?

Goldorak Apr 14, 2017 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by NickB (Post 28177179)
Are you sure? I followed the link posted by SDQBound in the OP and the listed eligible routes include routes from CDG under "lignes au départ de Paris" and the FAQ also states the following:It looks like the list linked from the FAQ was updated on 10/4/17 so could there have been a mistake in not listing CDG routes originally?

I'm sure of nothing, because of this poor communication. Maybe I'm gonna ask my Ultimate PA to investigate that. ;)

lynxy Apr 16, 2017 3:43 am

Originally Posted by AurelAF96 (Post 28176465)
The "Carte Jeune" (Youth card) is better that this card, right?

Probably because of the added flexibility, but the target audiences of each one are fairly different and people above 24 don't really have a choice :p

SDQBound Apr 16, 2017 10:38 am

The list now says

Mis à jour le 11/04/2017
Chaque ligne peut être empruntée dans les deux sens

The following destinations from/to CDG are listed :

Brest
Biarritz
Bordeaux
Clermont-Ferrand
Lyon
Montpellier
Marseille
Nice
Nantes
Pau
Rennes
Toulouse

C W Apr 16, 2017 10:54 am

Can somebody explain a bit more about the Carte Jeune? Would it be useful to me departing from DUS and traveling around Europe?

I would also want to credit to SkyMiles and take advantage of my DL PM status if possible.

SDQBound Apr 16, 2017 11:25 am

Originally Posted by C W (Post 28186535)
Can somebody explain a bit more about the Carte Jeune? Would it be useful to me departing from DUS and traveling around Europe?

I would also want to credit to SkyMiles and take advantage of my DL PM status if possible.

The card is valid only for domestic flights. With regards to your DL status, I was told that you can order the card by phone and don't attach any FB number, so when you make a reservation, you can put your Skymiles number.

C W Apr 16, 2017 11:35 am

Originally Posted by SDQBound (Post 28186622)
The card is valid only for domestic flights. With regards to your DL status, I was told that you can order the card by phone and don't attach any FB number, so when you make a reservation, you can put your Skymiles number.

Thanks!

Still for 50 euro might be worth it if I end up traveling a lot in France.

Goldorak Apr 16, 2017 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by SDQBound (Post 28186480)
The list now says

The following destinations from/to CDG are listed :

Brest
Biarritz
Bordeaux
Clermont-Ferrand
Lyon
Montpellier
Marseille
Nice
Nantes
Pau
Rennes
Toulouse

OK, so there's hope !!
thank you for sharing.

Goldorak May 5, 2017 5:05 pm

Now that this stupid issue of eligibility of CDG domestic flights has been solved, I have purchased this WE card (69 Euros).
The purchase process is simple but the booking of a ticket is not.
From AF apps (phone, tablet) and desktop webite, the discounted fare corresponding to the card was not proposed. The card appears nowhere in your profile in the phone and tablet apps (even after disconnecting/re-connecting).

Then I saw in the e-mail received after the card suscription that there was a link for purchasing a ticket. It goes obviously to desktop AF website where you have to login on your FB profile. The correct fare was proposed but I had an error message just after selecting the flights. :mad: and before receiving a booking ref. I had to call the Ultimate travel assistant (who was in fact the Platinum line at the time I called...) and they booked for me waiving the booking fees.

I saved 50 Euros on a MiNi domestic ticket (or whatever they call this fare now). A 50 Euros saving on one ticket for a 69 Euros card is not bad at all.

lynxy May 6, 2017 5:37 am

You can only use the "Réserver avec une carte" section on the AF website homepage (next to "Acheter un billet" and "Utiliser vos miles") and then login. Works pretty well from there (sometimes it throws the error you probably received - thanks AF IT). But it's very disappointing that nothing can be used outside of the website to book the tickets :(

Goldorak May 6, 2017 6:39 am

Originally Posted by lynxy (Post 28275540)
You can only use the "Réserver avec une carte" section on the AF website homepage (next to "Acheter un billet" and "Utiliser vos miles") and then login. Works pretty well from there (sometimes it throws the error you probably received - thanks AF IT). But it's very disappointing that nothing can be used outside of the website to book the tickets :(

Thank you. A pity that we can't book on the apps and benefit from the free 24hrs option.

Goldorak Jun 2, 2017 4:53 pm

FYI, this so-called weekend card is very interesting because you benefit also of the reduced fare when you book an itinerary for let's say a week or 2. What's important is to have a saturday night on-site. So the reduced fare is not necessarily just for a one weekend trip.

And if you are interested, if you purchase the card between June 1st to June 30th, you will earn a 2000 FB miles bonus.

bodory Jun 3, 2017 3:39 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 28395105)
FYI, this so-called weekend card is very interesting because you benefit also of the reduced fare when you book an itinerary for let's say a week or 2. What's important is to have a saturday night on-site. So the reduced fare is not necessarily just for a one weekend trip.

And if you are interested, if you purchase the card between June 1st to June 30th, you will earn a 2000 FB miles bonus.

And thus leveraging the nested tickets for the summer week ends ;)

olivedel Jun 3, 2017 6:09 am

Too bad it does not work for Europe.

Goldorak Jul 11, 2017 12:21 am

Great deal : if you subscribe for this card between July 10 and 17, the price is only €34. A bargain !

Zarmakuizz Jul 11, 2017 4:12 am

Only from the Air France website, the Hop! website doesn't display it.
http://www.airfrance.fr/FR/fr/local/...end-hop-af.htm

Really tempting...

Goldorak Jul 11, 2017 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz (Post 28545796)
Really tempting...

Clearly. Even at the regular price, it is already reimbursed at the 2nd trip booked.

Slc2012 Jul 14, 2017 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by delanotre (Post 28166577)
No, qualifying flights for "in France residents" are just for "abonnés".

If you have an AF Abonnement card, and you buy a flight ticket without using your Abonnement card, your domestic flight count as a qualifying flight.
Today, if you have an AF Abonnement card + AF week-end card and you buy your flight using your AF week-end card, does your domestic flight count as a qualifying flight?

Goldorak Jul 14, 2017 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Slc2012 (Post 28561263)
If you have an AF Abonnement card, and you buy a flight ticket without using your Abonnement card, your domestic flight count as a qualifying flight.

I'm afraid not (if you are a French resident). Only tickets booked at the Abonnés fare counts AFAIK.

Originally Posted by Slc2012 (Post 28561263)
Today, if you have an AF Abonnement card + AF week-end card and you buy your flight using your AF week-end card, does your domestic flight count as a qualifying flight?

No.

Slc2012 Jul 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 28561311)
I'm afraid not (if you are a French resident). Only tickets booked at the Abonnés fare counts AFAIK.

No.

No, I can confirm if you have AF Abonnement card, and you buy a mini fare domestic ticket as French Resident, the flight count as qualifying flight.
It's why I was asking if it's the same rule for flight bought using AF week-end card.

Goldorak Jul 15, 2017 2:38 am

Originally Posted by Slc2012 (Post 28561479)
No, I can confirm if you have AF Abonnement card, and you buy a mini fare domestic ticket as French Resident, the flight count as qualifying flight.
It's why I was asking if it's the same rule for flight bought using AF week-end card.

You are correct. Sorry for my mistake : FB website clearly says it :

les vols intérieurs en France réservés aux tarifs Basic ne sont qualifiants que pour les non-résidents français, ou les résidents français en possession d’une carte d’Abonnement Air France.
So, to come back to your question with the Weekend card ? Sincerely, I don't know. FB site doesn't say anything about it.

olivedel Jul 17, 2017 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 28562796)
So, to come back to your question with the Weekend card ? Sincerely, I don't know. FB site doesn't say anything about it.

I would not see why these segments would not be qualifying, as the discount is applied to whatever fare is open for reservation.

canadavid Sep 27, 2017 11:49 pm

I am trying to book a trip for my family for christmas time.
2 adults with "La Carte weekend" --> can get flights NTE-LYS for 125€ on dates I want
2 young with "La carte jeune" --> can get flights for 150€ each on same flights ?!?!
1 kid (11) --> can not make it on website as flights are not bookable. And on the phone, it quotes the infant at 250€ !!!... ??

Of course, it is not same booking class but it is really a pitty that i bought discount card for everybody and i can not get everybody on the same pnr and that kids end up by paying more than the two adults... Of course, it is not possible to get a "weekend card" for young or kids and a "carte jeune" for kid.

Only way would be to bookfor everybody but without the card discounts but it ends up to be 250€ more for the whole trip (850 instead of 600)

Any ideas ?

irishguy28 Sep 28, 2017 1:27 am

Originally Posted by canadavid (Post 28867854)
Any ideas ?

Why do you want everyone on the same PNR?

if you are worried about getting split up, surely the 11-year old (who I presume is the one you most worry about sitting alone) can swap seats with one of the other groups-of-two, and one of the two adults, or one of the two older kids, can sit alone on what is only a short domestic sector anyway....

canadavid Sep 28, 2017 4:01 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 28868057)
Why do you want everyone on the same PNR?

if you are worried about getting split up, surely the 11-year old (who I presume is the one you most worry about sitting alone) can swap seats with one of the other groups-of-two, and one of the two adults, or one of the two older kids, can sit alone on what is only a short domestic sector anyway....

Actually, I am more worried about having to buy a ticket at 250€ for a kid because I want to get discount for adults with the card.
If I book one adult+1kid, the ticket for the kid is 180€ but I do not get the discount I am entitled for the adult.
I have the feeling about having a discount card that you can not use when travelling with family. Therefore this card is only made for singles, couples or friends.

I think there is an issue with the booking system of AF, not being able to select best fare for each passenger.

irishguy28 Sep 28, 2017 4:20 am

Have you considered booking the child (not an infant!) on a Flying Blue redemption?

canadavid Sep 28, 2017 9:22 am

I did... 40000 miles and 70€.....