FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   New AF Week-End Card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1835028-new-af-week-end-card.html)

SDQBound Apr 6, 2017 2:53 pm

New AF Week-End Card

Received yesterday an email from AF announcing the introduction of a Week-End card that offers 25% on eligible AF and HOP! flights, similar to the already existent Carte Jeune. More info here:

https://www.airfrance.fr/FR/fr/local...1814-9573-36ab

Seems interesting especially to those of us who travel AF on short weekend trips. Wondering if I would have to credit my flights to FB instead of my Delta account :confused:

Nico40 Apr 7, 2017 4:55 am

Originally Posted by SDQBound (Post 28139462)
Seems interesting especially to those of us who travel AF on short weekend trips.

Even on weekdays it can also be an interesting alternative to the quite expensive Abonnement, if buying nested tickets...

olivedel Apr 10, 2017 5:00 am

Only domestic :(

Goldorak Apr 10, 2017 3:41 pm

And no domestic flights from/to CDG :mad:

lynxy Apr 11, 2017 2:27 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 28156550)

Agreed, it's mostly disappointing as there is no real food in the lounge in ORY :D .

But the prices are interesting. And right when my "youth card" expired ^

delanotre Apr 11, 2017 3:05 am

1 Attachment(s)

AFAIread, it is available to CDG but not from:

Goldorak Apr 11, 2017 6:54 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by delanotre (Post 28159847)
AFAIread, it is available to CDG but not from:

I have seen stupid rules but this one is in the top :confused:
And when you see the list of eligible routes, there is not a single one with CDG. Paris is all ORY.

SDQBound Apr 11, 2017 4:56 pm

25% off is not bad, especially when the prices hike during the peak summer season or long weekends next month.

Goldorak Apr 12, 2017 12:12 am

Originally Posted by SDQBound (Post 28164458)
25% off is not bad, especially when the prices hike during the peak summer season or long weekends next month.

yes, not bad at all. But the fact that CDG is not eligible is no go for me.

missal Apr 12, 2017 12:27 am

I just bought the card. I went into the reservation interface and tried to book a return BOD-PAR(All airports) with the carte, and BOD-CDG is showing up as an option for the flight (with a discount, on random dates I can get the CDG-BOD leg for 38 euros). So I guess some CDG flights are included after all ?

Edit : Never mind, just understood why. Flights to CDG count but not from. Sorry for the useless post.

CDGcommuter Apr 12, 2017 2:53 am

With the AF Abonnement Card even domestic flights count as qualifying flights for French residents, does anyone know if it's also the case with this week-end card? Thank you!

delanotre Apr 12, 2017 4:27 am

Originally Posted by CDGcommuter (Post 28166367)
With the AF Abonnement Card even domestic flights count as qualifying flights for French residents, does anyone know if it's also the case with this week-end card? Thank you!

No, qualifying flights for "in France residents" are just for "abonnés".

AurelAF96 Apr 13, 2017 9:35 pm

The "Carte Jeune" (Youth card) is better that this card, right?

NickB Apr 14, 2017 3:52 am

Are you sure? I followed the link posted by SDQBound in the OP and the listed eligible routes include routes from CDG under "lignes au départ de Paris" and the FAQ also states the following:

Originally Posted by AF Carte Weekend FAQ
Quelles sont les lignes éligibles à l'offre carte Week-End ?
La carte est valable sur les lignes HOP et Air France en France métropolitaine, hors Corse et hors lignes saisonnières

It looks like the list linked from the FAQ was updated on 10/4/17 so could there have been a mistake in not listing CDG routes originally?

Goldorak Apr 14, 2017 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by NickB (Post 28177179)
Are you sure? I followed the link posted by SDQBound in the OP and the listed eligible routes include routes from CDG under "lignes au départ de Paris" and the FAQ also states the following:It looks like the list linked from the FAQ was updated on 10/4/17 so could there have been a mistake in not listing CDG routes originally?

I'm sure of nothing, because of this poor communication. Maybe I'm gonna ask my Ultimate PA to investigate that. ;)