Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AF Week-End Card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by delanotre
No, qualifying flights for "in France residents" are just for "abonnés".
If you have an AF Abonnement card, and you buy a flight ticket without using your Abonnement card, your domestic flight count as a qualifying flight.
Today, if you have an AF Abonnement card + AF week-end card and you buy your flight using your AF week-end card, does your domestic flight count as a qualifying flight?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Slc2012
If you have an AF Abonnement card, and you buy a flight ticket without using your Abonnement card, your domestic flight count as a qualifying flight.
I'm afraid not (if you are a French resident). Only tickets booked at the Abonnés fare counts AFAIK.

Today, if you have an AF Abonnement card + AF week-end card and you buy your flight using your AF week-end card, does your domestic flight count as a qualifying flight?
No.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I'm afraid not (if you are a French resident). Only tickets booked at the Abonnés fare counts AFAIK.

No.
No, I can confirm if you have AF Abonnement card, and you buy a mini fare domestic ticket as French Resident, the flight count as qualifying flight.
It's why I was asking if it's the same rule for flight bought using AF week-end card.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
No, I can confirm if you have AF Abonnement card, and you buy a mini fare domestic ticket as French Resident, the flight count as qualifying flight.
It's why I was asking if it's the same rule for flight bought using AF week-end card.
You are correct. Sorry for my mistake : FB website clearly says it :

les vols intérieurs en France réservés aux tarifs Basic ne sont qualifiants que pour les non-résidents français, ou les résidents français en possession d’une carte d’Abonnement Air France.
So, to come back to your question with the Weekend card ? Sincerely, I don't know. FB site doesn't say anything about it.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
So, to come back to your question with the Weekend card ? Sincerely, I don't know. FB site doesn't say anything about it.
I would not see why these segments would not be qualifying, as the discount is applied to whatever fare is open for reservation.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:49 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
I am trying to book a trip for my family for christmas time.
2 adults with "La Carte weekend" --> can get flights NTE-LYS for 125€ on dates I want
2 young with "La carte jeune" --> can get flights for 150€ each on same flights ?!?!
1 kid (11) --> can not make it on website as flights are not bookable. And on the phone, it quotes the infant at 250€ !!!... ??

Of course, it is not same booking class but it is really a pitty that i bought discount card for everybody and i can not get everybody on the same pnr and that kids end up by paying more than the two adults... Of course, it is not possible to get a "weekend card" for young or kids and a "carte jeune" for kid.

Only way would be to bookfor everybody but without the card discounts but it ends up to be 250€ more for the whole trip (850 instead of 600)

Any ideas ?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by canadavid
Any ideas ?
Why do you want everyone on the same PNR?

if you are worried about getting split up, surely the 11-year old (who I presume is the one you most worry about sitting alone) can swap seats with one of the other groups-of-two, and one of the two adults, or one of the two older kids, can sit alone on what is only a short domestic sector anyway....
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Why do you want everyone on the same PNR?

if you are worried about getting split up, surely the 11-year old (who I presume is the one you most worry about sitting alone) can swap seats with one of the other groups-of-two, and one of the two adults, or one of the two older kids, can sit alone on what is only a short domestic sector anyway....
Actually, I am more worried about having to buy a ticket at 250€ for a kid because I want to get discount for adults with the card.
If I book one adult+1kid, the ticket for the kid is 180€ but I do not get the discount I am entitled for the adult.
I have the feeling about having a discount card that you can not use when travelling with family. Therefore this card is only made for singles, couples or friends.

I think there is an issue with the booking system of AF, not being able to select best fare for each passenger.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Have you considered booking the child (not an infant!) on a Flying Blue redemption?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 9:22 am

I did... 40000 miles and 70€.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.