Wiki Posts
Search

Connection time at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2017, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, DL UA
Connection time at CDG

Looking at booking a flight from ATL to BCN via CDG. The connection time is 1 hour 45 minutes. Is that enough time to connect at CDG?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by CLTRob
Looking at booking a flight from ATL to BCN via CDG. The connection time is 1 hour 45 minutes. Is that enough time to connect at CDG?
This is plenty of time; an ideal connection I would say.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by HalconBCN
Well, let's not exaggerate! Have you never had a delay on a TATL and long lines at immigration?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:37 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by HalconBCN
Your idea of "ideal" may not be everyone's.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I would book it if I know that I am protected (a single ticket) with another CDG-BCN in the day.
You are probably on AF689 that lands at 1050, so you have plenty of flights to BCN in the afternoon if your ATL-CDG is delayed.
That sounds like a good connection.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by brunos
I would book it if I know that I am protected (a single ticket) with another CDG-BCN in the day.
You are probably on AF689 that lands at 1050, so you have plenty of flights to BCN in the afternoon if your ATL-CDG is delayed.
That sounds like a good connection.
I wonder how AF behaves in case the flight is not delayed, but the lines at immigration are so bad that you miss the connection.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
Originally Posted by carnarvon
I wonder how AF behaves in case the flight is not delayed, but the lines at immigration are so bad that you miss the connection.
Just happend to me: got rebooked no questions asked after i explained that the immigration line ( not security ) was about 40 mins. They well aware of that problem.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by BER Flyer
Just happend to me: got rebooked no questions asked after i explained that the immigration line ( not security ) was about 40 mins. They well aware of that problem.
Good to know.

This means that "short" connections are all right, as long as the onward destination has enough flights to fall back on in case of problems.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
I have never connected in Paris... Flying into 2E departing 2F... So I clear EU immigration in Paris 2E and then move on to my flight to Lisbon in 2F? I have plenty of time (about 2.5 hours) just wondering about the logistics.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Originally Posted by fwfdan
I have never connected in Paris... Flying into 2E departing 2F... So I clear EU immigration in Paris 2E and then move on to my flight to Lisbon in 2F? I have plenty of time (about 2.5 hours) just wondering about the logistics.
You clear immigration at 2F, respectively in the airside corridor between 2E-K gates and 2F. Security clearance also there in the corridor for K and M arrivals, in 2E for L arrivals. Easy and straightforward.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by MarLim
You clear immigration at 2F, respectively in the airside corridor between 2E-K gates and 2F. Security clearance also there in the corridor for K and M arrivals, in 2E for L arrivals. Easy and straightforward.
This sounds like no duty free purchase in the US to take THROUGH paris, correct?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 2:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by fwfdan
This sounds like no duty free purchase in the US to take THROUGH paris, correct?
Sure you can. As long as they are put in a sealed transparent bag, it will be fine.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SDQBound
Sure you can. As long as they are put in a sealed transparent bag, it will be fine.
Are you sure?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 2:31 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by brunos
Are you sure?
100%

There are two different duty free bags, one for regular passengers, and one for connecting passengers, which is securely sealed and the receipt attached in a small pocket that makes it visible. This type of bag is accepted pretty much at every airport security as it meets an agreed standard.

http://www.icao.int/Security/SFP/LAG...s/default.aspx

There is a common believe (and even an announcement made by airlines when arriving to the US) that if you purchased liquids at the duty free and you have a connecting flight, you must put them in your checked luggage, the truth is that TSA allows you to go through security with the sealed bags as long as the receipt shows that it was purchased in the last 24 hours. The same applies to most airports including CDG.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SDQBound
100%

There are two different duty free bags, one for regular passengers, and one for connecting passengers, which is securely sealed and the receipt attached in a small pocket that makes it visible. This type of bag is accepted pretty much at every airport security as it meets an agreed standard.

http://www.icao.int/Security/SFP/LAG...s/default.aspx

There is a common believe (and even an announcement made by airlines when arriving to the US) that if you purchased liquids at the duty free and you have a connecting flight, you must put them in your checked luggage, the truth is that TSA allows you to go through security with the sealed bags as long as the receipt shows that it was purchased in the last 24 hours. The same applies to most airports including CDG.
Indeed, AF seems to accept it at CDG. Note that KLM would not accept purchases made at another airport when in transfer to USA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.