Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AF amenity kits for F/J

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:18 am

Programs: KL Platinum
Originally Posted by lloydah
Look good but they tend to have less and less inside them.
And sometimes you don’t get them at all. During my trip in J from BLR - CDG last month I noticed the kits seemed oddly sparse, only to realize after arriving home they were Premium Economy bags.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate Platinum for Life/Club 2000, UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Goldorak
3 colors are available. Here is the whole J set.
Did you miss this one, Goldorak? IMHO, one of the best collections of amenity kits to date.

Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: FB platinum
My favorite so far!
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Macaron54
Did you miss this one, Goldorak? IMHO, one of the best collections of amenity kits to date.

Ah yes indeed !!!
Old Aug 12, 2019, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Current AF J amenity kit

very inspired by the defunct Joon

Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:13 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Not strictly amenity kit, but what do people think of the new green PJs with that funky stripe on the arms? Looks like a 1970s Soviet Block jogging suit.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
What kind of amenity kits is AF giving out in J on the LAX-CDG route? I hope it’s the one posted by Macaron54. That one looks super nice!
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Not strictly amenity kit, but what do people think of the new green PJs with that funky stripe on the arms? Looks like a 1970s Soviet Block jogging suit.
I find the new green PJ more comfy than the blue one. The coulour is a bit "strange" as it is nowhere near the AF colour scheme.(but I love it)
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:12 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life, BA Executive Club Gold, Marriott Platinum for Life
Personally I wish they had a thinner cotton (similar to LH) I always find the AF P cabin too hot. Although I've been the only one in La Premiere a couple of times this year and they turned the temperature down.

As for the color - I agree, it's not remotely in line with anything else in P and the stripe reminds me of a 70s sci-fi TV show.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
What kind of amenity kits is AF giving out in J on the LAX-CDG route? I hope it’s the one posted by Macaron54. That one looks super nice!
I just posted the new J amenity kit. They are changing every 6 months. The one posted by Macaron54 was given more than a year ago.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 2:04 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
I see...

IMHO the old ones look much, much better.

Thanks for posting.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Joon amenity on AF flight

Flying AF 377 DTW-CDG ON 8/14 the amenity kit was a Joon kit. Photo attached. My first trip on an AF 789 and I’m not impressed with the seats. Not very comfortable for me and the placement of seat control and light switch is bad. You rest your arm there and the seat moves, lights flash. Same as KL 787.
Then more Joon - AF 1082, CDG-PRG on 8/15 was a Joon plane. Flew from bus gate, too.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by mot29
Flying AF 377 DTW-CDG ON 8/14 the amenity kit was a Joon kit. Photo attached. My first trip on an AF 789 and I’m not impressed with the seats. Not very comfortable for me and the placement of seat control and light switch is bad. You rest your arm there and the seat moves, lights flash. Same as KL 787.
Then more Joon - AF 1082, CDG-PRG on 8/15 was a Joon plane. Flew from bus gate, too.
yes, they still have some Joon amenity kits to distribute (to finish their stock).
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Marriott Gold / Hilton Gold / IHG Platinum ... A former AA Platinum
i got a Joon kit on a CDG-DXB a couple of weeks ago (this wasn't a Joon flight) but was very pleased with the pouch specifically, and the zipper. In fact, asked for a Joon kit on my HKG-CDG just two days ago (understanding they may have some since they are clearly trying to destock the Joon kits) and the FA was more than happy to give me a Joon kit itself,
I had been turning down the kits for several seasons -- these canvas kits, and the cheapo plastic kits with the pressed button really don't do anything for me.
I hope they still have loads of Joon kits to give out
Old Aug 29, 2019, 11:29 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life, BA Executive Club Gold, Marriott Platinum for Life
It looks as though La Premiere has new colors for the Fall. The kit and contents look identical.

Goldorak and glennhaak like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.