Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AF amenity kits for F/J

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2017, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by SBHgirl
Looking forward to our upcoming AF Business Class flight for this kit.
The kits are nice, but looking forward to the trip for the kit specifically might be over-optimistic!
Old Jul 31, 2017, 4:57 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by orbitmic
That's the one in post 1 indeed. Have only seen it in orange, which is lovely.
Ah OK thanks. Glad they haven't changed the P kit, I'll finally get one to keep for myself. If I can hide it from the family vultures
Old Jul 31, 2017, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
The kits are nice, but looking forward to the trip for the kit specifically might be over-optimistic!
LOL! Oh, I agree...but why not enjoy the little things, too? Quite frankly, I am not really looking forward to the seats on our AF flight. They are the upstairs J class on an A380-800...have not flown on them. (I think the aircraft to Tahiti was a different one, and I remember that the seats were not lie flat..but the food and the fact that it was French was amazing for airplane food.) I actually prefer Delta One seats..much better from my experience.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 1:45 pm

I am not sure why people are going nuts over amenity kits? People are looking forward to getting one, seriously? I have so many of these from different airlines and I am not sure what to do with these? Also, have you guys seen the Emirates kits which have been doled out over past few years? These kits from American and European carriers are a joke in comparison. Now a days I just give these to my relatives when I go to visit them.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Ayoob Latif
I am not sure why people are going nuts over amenity kits? People are looking forward to getting one, seriously? I have so many of these from different airlines and I am not sure what to do with these? Also, have you guys seen the Emirates kits which have been doled out over past few years? These kits from American and European carriers are a joke in comparison. Now a days I just give these to my relatives when I go to visit them.
Same here for the most part. There's not a single kit left in my house as I either give them away or they're lifted by family members. The current AF P box is a bit different and I've identified a use for one after the next trip. Going to have to superglue it to a solid surface to stop it from being lifted by the step daughter for her earring storage.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Ayoob Latif
Everyone has different things that they find enjoyable about air travel. If someone is excited about getting a cute amenity kit, let them be. I have a couple of Emirates F kits and while the contents are better than average, the bags themselves weren't especially unique. The current P kits for AF are actually quite pretty in person, and I'd happily trade in my Emirates ones for more of those.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Slightly OT (re-thread title), but here is the new W one.
Attached Images   
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Slightly OT (re-thread title), but here is the new W one.
I recently got the golden version of that handed out, I think it's hideous bling!
Old Sep 9, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Goldorak
New amenity kits have been rolled out this week. Here my new J one. It seems that less colors are available. When they presented the kits to me, it seems only another dark blue was available.
Content is the same as before.
3 colors are available. Here is the whole J set.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

P-class amenity kits (january 19)

New J-class amenity kit (since 01/01/2019)

Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Look good but they tend to have less and less inside them.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:37 am

The P class kit contents haven't changed for a while apart from the colour of the pen. I do like the new pen and style of the kit. Less fussy.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Originally Posted by rosensfole
The P class kit contents haven't changed for a while apart from the colour of the pen. I do like the new pen and style of the kit. Less fussy.
I still have the ones we used to get filled with Givenchy goodies, only 2 or 3 years ago I think, then they started being filled with those small tubs of Biologique Recherche, and now even less. But I agree about the pen :^
Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by lloydah
I still have the ones we used to get filled with Givenchy goodies, only 2 or 3 years ago I think, then they started being filled with those small tubs of Biologique Recherche, and now even less. But I agree about the pen :^
My first P flight was mid December 2016. It was Biologique Recherche then. I haven't noticed the shrinkage because I only dip in for the pen. The rest goes to my partner when I get home.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by rosensfole
Originally Posted by lloydah
Products by Carita.

I like the new grey pen less. I liked the black one, smoother surface. I usually leave the amenity kits on the plane (but sometimes take the little tubes of Clarins and always took the black pens that they had until a few weeks ago, really good. Good to write, and no regrets if I lose it)

Last edited by San Gottardo; Feb 9, 2019 at 2:14 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.