Wiki Posts
Search

Seat selection on AF short-haul / medium-haul flights in Y

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2017, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Seat selection on AF short-haul / medium-haul flights in Y

Today, I was looking at flights when suddenly I see I can select a seat for the short-haul segment !! (BHX-CDG if that's relevant)

Did I miss an announcement? Also, it's only in the forward section so is it a new Plat perk maybe ? (without being logged in I could only by one of those red seat).
Attached Images  

Last edited by Mirk; Mar 5, 2017 at 3:16 am
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Definitely interesting to be studied...
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: FB platinum
Tanks for the tip, I can also select seats on my trip to Barcelona in May! Incredible

Edit : it does not work on Paris/Toulouse flights, so probably it is not on domestic flights?
Attached Images   
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

As posted in the 787 thread, definitely rush onto your booking if you have a EU flight on the 787 as the premium seats are available as seat plus !
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I had a European flight already booked and just went into MMB and I was indeed able to select seats ^
As for Mirk, I could only select a seat in the front section (from just behind the curtain), but I certainly won't complain about that
Great...finally !
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:49 pm

I can confirm as well, seems like first 5 or 6 rows and then the emergency exit ones are available for seat selection.
Booking was done on Monday and it was not an option then, so seems to be very new "feature" ^
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Knowing that just the front Y section is available for seat selection, I tend to believe it is indeed an Elite+ perk.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
This is an excellent news. AF finally listened to us!
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I LOVE FT!!

Last time I flew Premium Economy TATL I had to wait until OLCI to select seats for the s/h feeders. Party got scattered around the cabin. No big deal on short flights. This summer I'm traveling with a party of 6 - two kids included - and Mom was a little worried about where they'd sit on the s/h.

So when I saw this thread, I checked our bookings on the AF app and sure enough, we can book the seats. And the cabin is empty!

Mom's happy.

Everyone who flies should be looking at FT -except for bad OMNI

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Knowing that just the front Y section is available for seat selection, I tend to believe it is indeed an Elite+ perk.
curious to see what happens on a PNR with mixed status.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rickg523
I LOVE FT!!

[...]

I was lurking at a TATL ticket on AF with a fare of 1£ and 296£ of taxes when I saw that ... I guess it's my lucky day !
Old Feb 2, 2017, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by rickg523
I LOVE FT!!

Last time I flew Premium Economy TATL I had to wait until OLCI to select seats for the s/h feeders. Party got scattered around the cabin. No big deal on short flights. This summer I'm traveling with a party of 6 - two kids included - and Mom was a little worried about where they'd sit on the s/h.

So when I saw this thread, I checked our bookings on the AF app and sure enough, we can book the seats. And the cabin is empty!

Mom's happy.

can we ask you if you have a status in FB or other SkyTeam program ?
Old Feb 2, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Yay my flights bhx -> mad and back now have seat selection except the last one CDG -> BHX. God damn Flybe, the bane of my life!
Old Feb 2, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
KLM site too?

I have some flights booked but nothing I can check if its possible to get the economy seats on the KLM site, if so are there any more or less seats to choose from?

I am just curious if I use some miles (as a plat) to book flights for others if I will be able to choose their seats.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by Andy49
I have some flights booked but nothing I can check if its possible to get the economy seats on the KLM site, if so are there any more or less seats to choose from?

I am just curious if I use some miles (as a plat) to book flights for others if I will be able to choose their seats.
KLM always allowed advance seat selection on all flights, and until recently also for free for normal eco seats.

if you are a plat and book award tickets for someone else you/they can select any seat for free, including eco comfort and exit rows... just did that yesterday...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.