FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   CDG : entering airside a different terminal than one's BP (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1811599-cdg-entering-airside-different-terminal-than-ones-bp.html)

mogoy Dec 29, 2016 2:05 pm

CDG : entering airside a different terminal than one's BP

Hi all

It's been a long time CDG stopped being my home base.
I have an AY-operated flight departing from 2D around noon.
And I would arrive at 2F with AF-operated in the wee hours.

My question : is it possible to transfer to 2C (to sample CX lounge but having a 2D BP), then retransfer airside to 2D or exiting landside from 2C without being stopped in the process ?

I know it's possible to navigate through 2E/K, 2E/L and /M by asking nicely.
But since the new organisation of 2C 2A, things might be different.

Thank you !

Goldorak Dec 29, 2016 2:14 pm

Simple answer = NO

brunos Dec 29, 2016 6:48 pm

CX lounge is in 2A not 2C. But that makes no difference, you cannot go airside to a non-Schengen terminal from a Schengen terminal: 2F is Schengen and so is 2D-Schengen for the AY flight, while 2A and C are non-Schengen.

Sjondorn Dec 29, 2016 6:53 pm

I know the pain, when I lived in Finland I often hated going through security twice at CDG when transferring from an AF flight from US / China arriving to 2E to Finnair flight to Helsinky from 2D. I had no problem entering secure area at a different terminal that is connected airside to your terminal (or even without BP, in case you need to recheckin if you're transferring -.-), but at the end, to get to 2D Schengen side, you will still have to exit the secure area and go through security again.

Also there are good chances of your baggage getting a delayed by a day -.-

carnarvon Dec 30, 2016 1:41 am

Originally Posted by brunos (Post 27678610)
CX lounge is in 2A not 2C. But that makes no difference, you cannot go airside to another terminal that that of your flight.

Isn't the CX lounge in the new building connecting 2A and 2C?

brunos Dec 30, 2016 4:09 am

Originally Posted by carnarvon (Post 27679571)
Isn't the CX lounge in the new building connecting 2A and 2C?

Indeed.
And apologies, I never realized that you could roam freely airside departure 2A and 2C.

mogoy Dec 30, 2016 4:36 am

Thank you all, for the replies.

Seems, I would not be able to hoplounge this time.
A pity coz Shelt'air lounge is a bit so so.

carnarvon Dec 30, 2016 4:47 am

Originally Posted by mogoy (Post 27679959)

How long has it been since you have been there last?

Had it been renovated with the entrance moved airside (but before passport control)?

San Gottardo Dec 30, 2016 4:48 am

Originally Posted by mogoy (Post 27679959)

Oh, has it improved then?

mogoy Dec 30, 2016 5:52 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo (Post 27679991)
Oh, has it improved then?

Can't say for sure, I have known that lounge in multiple avatar since the AF days. But I saw some reports on flight-report.com. And it seems dated and underwhelming but not so crowded.

btonkid12345 Dec 30, 2016 9:42 am

Related question.

If I fly DL from US-CDG and then have a CDG-AMS connection on KL, is there any way for me to access the huge AF salon in 2E (the one with the Clarins Spa and entrance inbetween the luxury clothing stores)?

I bet the CDG-AMS leaves from 2F and the underground lounge there is decidedly small and has poorer offerings. Also no Clarins Spa. Any advice on how to navigate this would be appreciated.

Note: I am meeting a disabled friend in CDG and we are continuing on CDG-AMS together on the same flight. He is flying CAI-CDG on AF and our connection times almost perfectly overlap in CDG (long connection, so I said I would meet him there and spend time with him in the lounge).

San Gottardo Dec 30, 2016 10:05 am

Originally Posted by btonkid12345 (Post 27680896)
Related question.

If I fly DL from US-CDG and then have a CDG-AMS connection on KL, is there any way for me to access the huge AF salon in 2E (the one with the Clarins Spa and entrance inbetween the luxury clothing stores)?

I bet the CDG-AMS leaves from 2F and the underground lounge there is decidedly small and has poorer offerings. Also no Clarins Spa. Any advice on how to navigate this would be appreciated.

Note: I am meeting a disabled friend in CDG and we are continuing on CDG-AMS together on the same flight. He is flying CAI-CDG on AF and our connection times almost perfectly overlap in CDG (long connection, so I said I would meet him there and spend time with him in the lounge).

Unfortunately not. You'll only be allowed to use the lounges in the terminal you depart from.

carnarvon Dec 30, 2016 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by mogoy (Post 27680108)
Can't say for sure, I have known that lounge in multiple avatar since the AF days. But I saw some reports on flight-report.com. And it seems dated and underwhelming but not so crowded.

If you had answered my question, I would have been able to help.