Wiki Posts
Search

Bar in a380?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2016, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Bar in a380?

Hello,

I'm booked on AF #66 (CDG-LAX) on the 380.
Seatguru shows a coffee cup emblem at the back of the upper deck exactly where Emirates has their bar.
On AF is this a bar, or is this more of a pantry area?

Thanks,
H
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
AF do not have full bars on the 388 (or any other aircraft for that matter). They are just galleys where crew will set up a small self service drinks area between the meals.

In any event, when it comes to AF (and many other airlines), Seat Guru is best ignored altogether or you'll have some serious surprises. The AF website has very useable aircraft maps.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:26 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
The coffee cup icon on seatguru denotes a galley. In this case, it's the galley used for the upper deck Y and W passengers.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:54 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by Herrick
Hello,

I'm booked on AF #66 (CDG-LAX) on the 380.
Seatguru shows a coffee cup emblem at the back of the upper deck exactly where Emirates has their bar.
On AF is this a bar, or is this more of a pantry area?

Thanks,
H
I was on AF66 last week. The galley between the two business class sections is set up as a quasi-self-service bar.There is always champagne being chilled in 2 ice buckets along with soft drinks, juice and water. Also, fruit and a dish which the flight attendants would heat on request. It was a pastry filled with vegetables and salmon. The FA's are quite ubiquitous and friendly. They prepared a little cheese plate for me. You can request espresso and there are also cookies available. I loved the service last week on AF66. Great crew, great service and food was outstanding. I do LAX/CDG/VCE every November and this was the best service I have ever experienced on AF. Extremely hospitable flight attendants.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 2:21 am

They say a picture is worth a 1000 words
This is from a recent AF995

Old Dec 4, 2016, 9:05 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by orbitmic
AF do not have full bars on the 388
There is an art gallery tough. Huhu huhu.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.