Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Constructive Criticism of La Premiere

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Just returned from trip using AF Le Premier SFO-CDG-VCE and can say it was a great trip and impressed. Outside of EK the best front of the plane experience for us. While we flew the AB380 and not the improved 777 product the service and food was fantastic. I do have to say the cabin is tired very tired and totally uncomfortable sleeping. One can only hope the new CEO of AF does something sooner than later.

So thank you to all that replied to my questions all of you were spot on in your replies.
Too bad you didn't get a chance to try the 777, the bed there is really extremely comfortable, so hopefully one day you get a chance to try it .
Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Just returned from trip using AF Le Premier SFO-CDG-VCE and can say it was a great trip and impressed. Outside of EK the best front of the plane experience for us. While we flew the AB380 and not the improved 777 product the service and food was fantastic. I do have to say the cabin is tired very tired and totally uncomfortable sleeping. One can only hope the new CEO of AF does something sooner than later.

So thank you to all that replied to my questions all of you were spot on in your replies.
uncomfortable sleeping ??
orbitmic likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Goldorak

uncomfortable sleeping ??
Yes I felt the "bed" after being made up was subpar to some others however still better than BA. That is just a personal preference my wife felt the same. Coming home we flew BA 747 BIZ and that was more comfortable sleeping.

Still Le Premier is superior service
Old Sep 22, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: FB Platinum

What did you think of the service at CDG? For me this is one of the best aspects, though I think it's at its best in the afternoon.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by rosensfole
What did you think of the service at CDG? For me this is one of the best aspects, though I think it's at its best in the afternoon.
That was one of the best parts of the trip on AF, the private clubroom was a hoot the champagne bar was a bit much! The transfer service was better than years ago when I had a "red passport). EK first is impressive but for my money and it's my money I would chose AF on many routes sans the old first cabin. Pretty lame
obscure2k and rosensfole like this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 8:02 pm

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Originally Posted by rosensfole
Well it's not essential - a bit of a punt if I'm honest. I won't be able to book anything until after the 1st of June so goodness only knows how the award/part-payment thing is going to work. No doubt all sorts of rules, including La P lounge access, will change at the same time.

Whatever happens I'll enquire (regardless of intention to book access) and report back.
Has anyone purchased access recently? I assumed it was still under "must have flown La Premiere in last 12 months" but was told only FlyingBlue elites (Silver & higher) are allowed to purchase access. I know only FlyingBlue elite are allowed to purchase La Premiere awards, but did not know this has been extended to purchasing ground services. Will HUCA later on today to see if it was an issue with the agent.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 10:22 pm

Unhappy

Originally Posted by ALGU
Has anyone purchased access recently? I assumed it was still under "must have flown La Premiere in last 12 months" but was told only FlyingBlue elites (Silver & higher) are allowed to purchase access. I know only FlyingBlue elite are allowed to purchase La Premiere awards, but did not know this has been extended to purchasing ground services. Will HUCA later on today to see if it was an issue with the agent.
Called again with a different agent and was unfortunately told the same thing, not possible due to my lack of status with FlyingBlue.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Who are you calling ? Is that La Premičre special line ?
I just checked and I don’t see anything about this new requirement. But there is still the condition of having flown in P during the last 12 months.

Last edited by Goldorak; Oct 15, 2018 at 5:19 am
Old Oct 14, 2018, 11:54 pm

Who are you calling ? Is that La Premičre special line ?
I just checked and I don’t see anything about this new requirement. But there is still the condition of hav8ng flown in P during the last 12 months.
The number listed on the general conditions regarding La Premiere ground services (+ 33 (0) 1 56 93 10 05). I should also mention that my La Premiere request is for a FlyingBlue promo award from KIX via CDG (787-9), but they didn't mention that I was DQ'd due to it being an award/promo booking, rather I'm not eligible as a FlyingBlue Explorer.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by ALGU
The number listed on the general conditions regarding La Premiere ground services (+ 33 (0) 1 56 93 10 05). I should also mention that my La Premiere request is for a FlyingBlue promo award from KIX via CDG (787-9), but they didn't mention that I was DQ'd due to it being an award/promo booking, rather I'm not eligible as a FlyingBlue Explorer.
This is the right number and they normally have very competent agents. So I am afraid that what they are telling you can be true and that the conditions of access have not been updated yet on the various websites.
Definitely to be clarified.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did the website ever list the "having flown P" requirement? It's definitely not there now, at least on the US version -- I thought recently maybe the requirement had been dropped...
https://www.airfrance.us/US/en/commo...a-premiere.htm

This new requirement would be a big disappointment.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Did the website ever list the "having flown P" requirement? It's definitely not there now, at least on the US version -- I thought recently maybe the requirement had been dropped...
https://www.airfrance.us/US/en/commo...a-premiere.htm

This new requirement would be a big disappointment.
There is no mention of FB status or "having traveled in P in last 12 months" on the French website either (French or English language).
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:19 am

This is the right number and they normally have very competent agents. So I am afraid that what they are telling you can be true and that the conditions of access have not been updated yet on the various websites.
Definitely to be clarified.
I called back and was finally able to reach and agent that didn't mention the FlyingBlue elite requirement after checking in with their manager. Since I was initially calling during early morning hours 3am-6am, I may have reached the less experienced agents. Or maybe the policy is very new and is still being implemented.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or maybe the agent thought you wanted to book a La Premiere award...
Old Oct 15, 2018, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Or maybe the agent thought you wanted to book a La Premiere award...
Could be the case but in both instances I was initially asked for my existing booking reference number and then reconfirmed with the agent after denial that the request was in regards to ground services specifically and not the cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.