Wiki Posts
Search

Constructive Criticism of La Premiere

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2018, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
For Paris it's
[email protected]

I recently (May 3rd) attempted to use this email to book La Premier ground services, but I received no response.

I called a week later and was able to book La Premier ground services with no issue. FWIW I was traveling in business on a flight with no La Premier and have traveled La Premier a few times in the last 12 months.
Old May 18, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by stimpy
For Paris it's
[email protected]
Just tried to email them, but the email got bounced back saying user not found....
Old May 18, 2018, 10:05 am
q

Goldorak, where is your Quote (bolded font) taken from? That is quite a horrible thing to read!
Old May 18, 2018, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by q
Goldorak, where is your Quote (bolded font) taken from? That is quite a horrible thing to read!
Here is the quote to save people finding it :

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Accès payant au service La Première à Paris-CDG2
L´offre de service La Première à CDG2 est proposée aux clients ayant voyagés au moins une fois en Première au cours des 12 derniers mois ET voyageant en Business sur vol non-équipé en cabine La Première (vol Long-courrier operating AF non-équipé la Première ou operating DL
But I don't understand what it means even after using Google translate. Can someone interpret it for us?
Old May 18, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by dsched

But I don't understand what it means even after using Google translate. Can someone interpret it for us?
Isn't it about the option to buy La Premiere ground services, if you fly on a service with no La Premiere and have flown P in last 12 months?
dsched likes this.
Old May 18, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
I'm hoping to take my better half on a trip to YVR in September in J using miles. As a special treat I was thinking I might book us both into the P lounge on the way back. Now I've travelled in P several times over the past year but she hasn't and also has no status. A couple of problems I see here; it will be award tickets and the lack of status. Should I bother trying to book this?
Old May 18, 2018, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by q
AgentConnect, the AFKL site for travel agents.

Originally Posted by dsched
quick translation:
Paid access to La Première ground services in Paris CDG2
La Première ground services in Paris CDG2 is proposed to customers having flown in La Première class at least once during the past 12 months AND traveling in business class on a flight without P class (long-haul flight AF-operating without P class, or DL-operating).

Originally Posted by rosensfole
I'm hoping to take my better half on a trip to YVR in September in J using miles. As a special treat I was thinking I might book us both into the P lounge on the way back. Now I've travelled in P several times over the past year but she hasn't and also has no status. A couple of problems I see here; it will be award tickets and the lack of status. Should I bother trying to book this?
No risk to call and ask IMHO.
Old May 18, 2018, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I assume that you want 2 awards in P traveling together.
I suggest that you first try on the website as your FB number might unlock the two seats for both pax.
If it does not work, then call.

Note that you have much more chances to find 2 awards on the same flight on A380 (seats) than on 77W (4 seats).
And AF flies a 772 (no P) to YVR.

Last edited by brunos; May 18, 2018 at 11:49 pm
Old May 19, 2018, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by brunos
I assume that you want 2 awards in P traveling together.
I suggest that you first try on the website as your FB number might unlock the two seats for both pax.
If it does not work, then call.

Note that you have much more chances to find 2 awards on the same flight on A380 (seats) than on 77W (4 seats).
And AF flies a 772 (no P) to YVR.
I don't think the OP is looking for P seats, just the paid P lounge access on a flight which only offers J. His worry is that whilst he meets the "flew P at least once in the past 12 months" experience, his partner has not and thus does not technically quality. My personal guess is that they will be considered allowable for this offer because the OP is and in most respects (not all admittedly) AF usually treats parties on the basis of the "best situation within the party" scenario.

Whether it is worth it is another matter (I wouldn't despite finding the P lounge outstanding) but I can understand why one would.
Old May 19, 2018, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I don't think the OP is looking for P seats, just the paid P lounge access on a flight which only offers J. His worry is that whilst he meets the "flew P at least once in the past 12 months" experience, his partner has not and thus does not technically quality. My personal guess is that they will be considered allowable for this offer because the OP is and in most respects (not all admittedly) AF usually treats parties on the basis of the "best situation within the party" scenario.
+1
Old May 19, 2018, 2:28 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
CDG-PEK

I will next fly to PEK on AF0382.

Is there special things to know for AF First class passenger in PEK (arrival and departure)?

Merci
Old May 19, 2018, 3:11 am

Whether it is worth it is another matter (I wouldn't despite finding the P lounge outstanding) but I can understand why one would.
Indeed. I want to treat her as she's not had a great year so am looking into a few options this being just one of many. She recently told me that she liked the sound of the P experience at CDG but is resigned to never experiencing it herself. She won't let me pay for a full first class trip (proud woman and all that) and is even trying to convince me that for our upcoming trip she'll sit in coach despite me having enough miles for both of us to sit in J.

Thanks for responses guys. I can't book anything yet as she hasn't committed to dates. When, if, it happens I'll report back with what AF do/allow. I'm lucky that I have access to the UK AF VIP line so I'm reasonably sure they'll help get me the best deal. They have always in the past.
Old May 19, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Indeed. I want to treat her as she's not had a great year so am looking into a few options this being just one of many. She recently told me that she liked the sound of the P experience at CDG but is resigned to never experiencing it herself. She won't let me pay for a full first class trip (proud woman and all that) and is even trying to convince me that for our upcoming trip she'll sit in coach despite me having enough miles for both of us to sit in J.

Thanks for responses guys. I can't book anything yet as she hasn't committed to dates. When, if, it happens I'll report back with what AF do/allow. I'm lucky that I have access to the UK AF VIP line so I'm reasonably sure they'll help get me the best deal. They have always in the past.
She sounds like a very nice lady so well done to you for wanting to treat her! It's just that given the cost for 2 people, you could buy yourselves, say, two nights in a really lovely hotel and Michelin starred lunches on both days, which is what I meant, but indeed if you think she'd be particularly touched by that specific exercise then this has a whole different value! ^
Old May 19, 2018, 4:58 am

She sounds like a very nice lady so well done to you for wanting to treat her! It's just that given the cost for 2 people, you could buy yourselves, say, two nights in a really lovely hotel and Michelin starred lunches on both days, which is what I meant, but indeed if you think she'd be particularly touched by that specific exercise then this has a whole different value! ^
Thanks orbitmic, she is indeed a marvellous lady. Oddly she would prefer a few days staying in a wooden shack in the wilderness, catch and cook a salmon on a makeshift barbecue and dig her own toilet facilities. So that's already in the plans

She does like trains so I might think about a first class trip over the rocky mountains.

Anyway, back on track, do we know what the current cost of the P experience is?
orbitmic likes this.
Old May 19, 2018, 5:05 am

Thanks orbitmic, she is indeed a marvellous lady. Oddly she would prefer a few days staying in a wooden shack in the wilderness, catch and cook a salmon on a makeshift barbecue and dig her own toilet facilities. So that's already in the plans

She does like trains so I might think about a first class trip over the rocky mountains.

Anyway, back on track, do we know what the current cost of the P experience is?
Well it would pay for a few of those lakeside cabin trips too! Or a nice train ride! I don't know if the costs have changed but my memory was €300 person for departing or transferring passengers (I can't remember if it was + some miles)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.