Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Constructive Criticism of La Premiere

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Apparently, I was 24 hours behind Klems on his itinerary of LHR-CDG-JFK. Maybe the best champagne and food on a flight/in a lounge I've ever had. So, I'll probably do a short photo-heavy Trip Report in that section, but I do have two pieces of constructive criticism.

The amenity kit was a disappointment. There was no zipper or clip; just a single string. Sort of artfully tied below, but I was never able to repeat that. I will just throw it away.

And then, this is an SFO777 special. I can't really blame Air France for this parade through the dining area, but really?!

Last edited by Yahtzee; Jan 3, 2018 at 1:10 pm
Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
And then, this. An SFO777 special. I can't really blame Air France for this parade through the dining area, but really?!

Some people have lost their sense of dignity.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:53 am

Oh dear ....

The amenity kit was a disappointment. There was no zipper or clip; just a single string. Sort of artfully tied below, but I was never able to repeat that. I will just throw it away.
Agreed. The pouch is kind of useless with that string, I much preferred the ones they had previously with a proper zipper.
orbitmic and Goldorak like this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:14 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Klems

While I was eating, a guy sitting 2 tables away from me was being VERY loud on his phone, and his discussion lasted for a bit. No one said anything, I guess it's a tricky situation for the lounge agents as they probably have this situation regularly. But they didn't intervene, unfortunately.
If they intervene, I can already image this Flyertalk thread: 'I flew AF F and tried to close this trillion dollar deal in the F lounge, but this terrible Lounge Rep asked me to be quiet. What compensation I can get?'

The fact that you fly First class doesn't necessarily mean you have class. Full stop...
Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Is there not a "business" (as in, doing business, not business class)/working area in the lounge? Asking (politely) any passenger to do their phonecalls in there seems like a good solution to me.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by TPJ
If they intervene, I can already image this Flyertalk thread: 'I flew AF F and tried to close this trillion dollar deal in the F lounge, but this terrible Lounge Rep asked me to be quiet. What compensation I can get?'
The fact that you fly First class doesn't necessarily mean you have class. Full stop...
! You would have to be seriously dumb to close a trillion dollar deal yelling in a middle of a lounge. And, given the conversation that guy had, I can tell that it was not about that but more about an apartment key problem . And I cannot agree enough with your second statement. Entitled behavior is the opposite of having class.

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Is there not a "business" (as in, doing business, not business class)/working area in the lounge? Asking (politely) any passenger to do their phonecalls in there seems like a good solution to me.
I think there is a business area, although it doesn't look super private but yeah. That would definitely be a better option than screaming in front of your coquillettes.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And then, this is an SFO777 special. I can't really blame Air France for this parade through the dining area, but really?!
I'm assuming she didn't fly like that?!?
You never know though, check this Delta thread out, and scroll to post #11 for pictures.
I'm in awe of my fellow passenger's dress
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:45 pm

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
! You would have to be seriously dumb to close a trillion dollar deal yelling in a middle of a lounge. And, given the conversation that guy had, I can tell that it was not about that but more about an apartment key problem . And I cannot agree enough with your second statement. Entitled behavior is the opposite of having class.

I think there is a business area, although it doesn't look super private but yeah. That would definitely be a better option than screaming in front of your coquillettes.

NO business area, and no computer nor printer available. Last time I asked for the business centre and was told they don't have. Had to urgently print and sign a document and ended up using the PC and printer in the office of one of the staff.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by TPJ
The hypothetical OP would get chosen words from me as an answer! I truly hate loud people in lounges, and those on their phone or FaceTime or whatever seem by very very far the worst culprits. They can go find themselves an empty corner somewhere but more importantly should try and keep their calls to a minimum in a public place.
Goldorak and Klems like this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:43 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
There is a little „business” working space, little cubicles, behind the dining area, on the left when going towards the restrooms and the rest rooms. But indeed not very private. Can’t remember if they have printers, but indeed, I don’t think so.

The entire AF Premiere experience is more set up for pleasure/leisure and a bit less for work travel/time saving.
orbitmic and Klems like this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I'm assuming she didn't fly like that?!?
You never know though, check this Delta thread out, and scroll to post #11 for pictures.
I'm in awe of my fellow passenger's dress
I don't think so.

I've now posted a short trip report on this journey in the Trip Reports section.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by toastedcafe
NO business area, and no computer nor printer available. Last time I asked for the business centre and was told they don't have. Had to urgently print and sign a document and ended up using the PC and printer in the office of one of the staff.
Business class is for business!
wuzziduzziman likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:48 pm

Later, my agent came to pick me up, and took me to the plane. I got scared for a second because he had a grave look on his face saying there was an issue: the lights in the La Première cabin could not be turned off. I sighed of relief, for a minute I thought he would announce an aircraft swap or something like that hah! When we got to the plane the FA was very apologetic about it, even though I didn't care as it's a day flight. I have to admit that for a night flight, that would have been more problematic even if I could just use the eye mask.
AF got back to me today about the lights issue. I'm a bit surprised as I thought that for La Première complaints they would answer pretty fast, but they gave me 20k miles for my troubles, so not bad .

Other than that, on a different note I just realized that they offer different PJs based on the flight: I got black ones from NYC to CDG, and blue ones the other way around. The black ones are MUCH nicer IMO!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Yes, the black ones are the best. I've got three colours, blue and grey being the others. Somehow I've managed to leave some behind. It's my age...
Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
LOL @ the bathrobe picture above. Reminds me of the rap lyrics "you can pay for school but you can't buy class" ^_^

Any updates on if there's new amenity kits? After three great AF F flights last year, I don't think I'll be able to do any this year. If there's new gear though I wouldn't mind splurging a bit to try to get one on the books.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.