Constructive Criticism of La Premiere

Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:01 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life, BA Executive Club Gold, Marriott Platinum for Life
Originally Posted by caliform
When I was in the lounge they couldn't locate al luggage tag (I politely asked for it and the lady actually seemed a bit offended?) and eventually came around (after an hour or so) with a... leather keychain? Interesting.

Caliform - might you have a picture/description of the key chain I have a little collection of La Premiere items and would love to request one when I fly ou next month.

Thank you!
Old Jul 13, 2019, 6:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Sure thing Jake. It's at home now so I will get a photo later as I am in Quito, but it's a very thick red leather loop embossed with 'La Premičre' on one side and I believe the Air France logo on the other.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life, BA Executive Club Gold, Marriott Platinum for Life
Sure thing Jake. It's at home now so I will get a photo later as I am in Quito, but it's a very thick red leather loop embossed with 'La Premičre' on one side and I believe the Air France logo on the other.

Thank you so much!
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Wasn't it a metal luggage tag?

"Thick red" sounds like the >100k Miles&More Senators get a pair of every time they requalify, or is the AF meterially different from this one (inscription obviously being different):
Old Jul 25, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: FB Plat
I think you may see pictures of these items in this report (in French): https://flight-report.com/fr/report/...-cdg-dubai-dxb (Ctrl+F for "Nadia" to locate easily the pictures in the page!)

Really a keychain rather than a luggage tag.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.

SFO777 likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 2:44 am

Constructive feedback:

When booking situation is P8 on the outbound (departure in about 48 hours) and P7 on the return, let people pick window seats. CUrrently only the four middle seats are available
Old Jul 31, 2019, 4:17 am

Programs: DL PM
did you try to change seats on klm.com?
Old Jul 31, 2019, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by roberta_h
did you try to change seats on klm.com?
Good idea. Just did that, worked without any problem, could pick any seat. So why does AF block seats on one of their flights which can then be picked on the KL site?

When I saw that no other seat was taken I checked availability on the flights again. Saw that it's P8 on both flights. Unless things change, I'll be the only passenger in the P cabin of the A380... not the first time I am alone in a cabin, but the A380 cabin on AF because of its design/layout feels particularly large.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: DL PM
yeah this came up as an issue for me on a premiere flight awhile ago, and in that thread someone mentioned trying on KLM -- no clue why AF is blocking these window seats though when you can select them through KL, really strange
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I tend to think it’s more an IT glitch than a tentative blockage of this seats by AF. If this was the case, you could not select them on KL.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I tend to think it’s more an IT glitch than a tentative blockage of this seats by AF. If this was the case, you could not select them on KL.
But don't the KL and AF seat maps work off the same underlying system?

In any case, quite a number of IT glitches recently, some of them are not unconsequential:
  • on the app, many times when making a booking request, the app returns availability for the day before. Without noticing that one just picks a flight, pays for it, etc. - and maybe or maybe not later on realises that it was actually booked for the wrong day
  • wildly different fares between the website and the mobile app
  • some fare rules not respected online, for instance fare rules say that open jaw is possible but online it is priced differently (huge fare difference)
  • for certain multi-segment bookings, wrong error message that flights must be chosen in logical sequence (=first leg must opreate before second etc
And some strange things, such as the above mentioned discrepancy between seatmaps on KL and AF sites; availability shown "5 seats left at this fare", but after having booked one another booking is no longer possible for the same fare.

The help line does quite a good job at circumventing these problems, but it's quite time-consuming having to call them, explain the problem, let them check online wnether the glitches really exist, etc.
wuzziduzziman likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
But don't the KL and AF seat maps work off the same underlying system?

In any case, quite a number of IT glitches recently, some of them are not unconsequential:
  • on the app, many times when making a booking request, the app returns availability for the day before. Without noticing that one just picks a flight, pays for it, etc. - and maybe or maybe not later on realises that it was actually booked for the wrong day
  • wildly different fares between the website and the mobile app
  • some fare rules not respected online, for instance fare rules say that open jaw is possible but online it is priced differently (huge fare difference)
  • for certain multi-segment bookings, wrong error message that flights must be chosen in logical sequence (=first leg must opreate before second etc
And some strange things, such as the above mentioned discrepancy between seatmaps on KL and AF sites; availability shown "5 seats left at this fare", but after having booked one another booking is no longer possible for the same fare.

The help line does quite a good job at circumventing these problems, but it's quite time-consuming having to call them, explain the problem, let them check online wnether the glitches really exist, etc.
the one I have put in bold has bothered me many times and I have made several booking mistakes due to that bug. It happens when you make a booking on the app, while you are in a different time zone than France (even only one hour difference is able to induce this bug). Let’s say you want to book a ticket from Oct 2 to 5, the system will propose you flights on Oct 1st for the outbound and Oct 4 for the return so you need to be very careful to correct the date for each flight selection page. I have reported this bug several times to AF and I don’t know if it has been corrected or not. But it is a very annoying one.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Constructive feedback:

When booking situation is P8 on the outbound (departure in about 48 hours) and P7 on the return, let people pick window seats. CUrrently only the four middle seats are available
My upcoming flight has been P8 for weeks; just moved to P7. Tant pis.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yahtzee
My upcoming flight has been P8 for weeks.
Saw that it's P8 on both flights.
Is La Premičre something they run for profit, or is it a loss-leader of sorts?

I wonder what (revenue pax) load factors are like across all routes.

Johan

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.