Constructive Criticism of La Premiere

Reply

Old Feb 9, 19, 3:59 pm
  #541  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: paris
Programs: flying blue Gold
Posts: 12
Short review of my return flight SFO-CDG in la premiere :
1) everything was globally amazing, my best flying experience by far.
2) virgin lounge in SFO is now airside (since just a few days), no need to pass security to go the plane.
3) thanks to my TGV connection in Paris to Reims, I could enjoy the lounge in CDG, and it was very easy to leave To Paris instead of boarding the train after collecting my train ticket at the sncf counter with my escort.
Yahtzee, Goldorak, lynxy and 5 others like this.
silx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 19, 11:18 pm
  #542  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 180
Originally Posted by silx View Post
Short review of my return flight SFO-CDG in la premiere :
1) everything was globally amazing, my best flying experience by far.
2) virgin lounge in SFO is now airside (since just a few days), no need to pass security to go the plane.
3) thanks to my TGV connection in Paris to Reims, I could enjoy the lounge in CDG, and it was very easy to leave To Paris instead of boarding the train after collecting my train ticket at the sncf counter with my escort.
which lounge in CDG you visited? Arrival lounge ?
BobTL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 19, 12:49 am
  #543  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Posts: 12,776
Originally Posted by BobTL View Post
which lounge in CDG you visited? Arrival lounge ?
In connection, you go to the P lounge.
Goldorak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 19, 12:20 am
  #544  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: HSV
Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Posts: 1,208
My wife and I just landed CDG from our first LP trip. It was a 773 with four seats, with three filled. We’re in the F lounge at CDG right now for a couple of hours awaiting our connection.

Being a Delta DM, and routinely flying the D1 product, I must say that La Premiere is in another league entirely. It’s not even close. D1 is very similar to the standard AF J product, but LP is in a class by itself when it comes to Sky Team.

Delta has nothing like it. I’ve already gone ahead and booked another LP flight for us in two weeks. Consider us spoiled now.

Bravo, AF. Bravo.
TheHorta is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 19, 12:52 pm
  #545  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Platinum Premier; Hilton Gold
Posts: 555
D1 is a regular business class product. You'd need to compare with other airlines that offer an actual first class product.
Sjondorn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 19, 12:27 am
  #546  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 110
Originally Posted by silx View Post
2) virgin lounge in SFO is now airside (since just a few days), no need to pass security to go the plane.
Could you help me with some piece of this puzzle that I'm missing -- Virgin's website says that their lounge doesn't open until 2PM, but the AF flight is 3:15PM. How does that work out to enough time to use the lounge? I feel like there is a trick somewhere! Thanks!
solomita is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 19, 12:42 am
  #547  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: paris
Programs: flying blue Gold
Posts: 12
For the virgin lounge in SFO I was there from 12, and it was no problem at all (2 weeks ago)
silx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 19, 12:53 am
  #548  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 110
Originally Posted by silx View Post
For the virgin lounge in SFO I was there from 12, and it was no problem at all (2 weeks ago)
Thanks - I guess that's just an automatic thing on the website because it's 4 hours before the Virgin flight departs. It must be a nicely empty lounge without Virgin passengers! And now that it's airside: perfect.
Goldorak likes this.
solomita is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 19, 3:39 pm
  #549  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Platinum Premier; Hilton Gold
Posts: 555
I have a flight DXB-CDG-SFO later this year in P (both legs, ~ 4 hours transfer time), with flight in DXB leaving at 1:30 am. Any tips for DXB-CDG leg? Have the meal @ lounge (do they offer it ex-DXB?) and go right for the bed once airborne?
Sjondorn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 19, 11:44 pm
  #550  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Posts: 12,776
Originally Posted by Sjondorn View Post
Any tips for DXB-CDG leg? Have the meal @ lounge (do they offer it ex-DXB?) and go right for the bed once airborne?
For sure I would do that.
Goldorak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 19, 1:57 am
  #551  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Posts: 5,885
Couple of flights with them and I would like to remark that the quality of the catering is a bit hit-and-miss especially for starters but also too often for the main courses. Soups, desserts, breakfast, drinks - all top notch. And obviously the catering in the Premiere Salon which blows every other lounge I know out of the water - but that doesn't help when 10 hours after take-off from CDG the Salon is long gone and what is on the plate in front is less inspiring. Add to that another point that I had made in a previous post, the *extremely* limited choice on some shorter night flights (e.g. the very early JFK-CDG, AF 023). Food-wise I find LX and LH much more consistent on a high level, even if one or the other plate on AF stands out very positively from time to time.

Still, not to sound only negative, also some positive surprises to report: the new amenity kits which started to appear beginning of the week (Sunday to CDG was still the old one, Monday out of CDG the new one, Monday eve back to CDG the old one, Tuesday out of the CDG the new one...) are very very nice. Though too small to fit in toothbursh and toothpaste. And I was extremely impressed by the escort service that worked flawlessly at at outstation where I took a J-only flight on a Skyteam partner airline to connect to my P flight.
San Gottardo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 19, 7:39 am
  #552  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GRU
Programs: AA EXP/CK; LH SEN
Posts: 54
Originally Posted by San Gottardo View Post
Couple of flights with them and I would like to remark that the quality of the catering is a bit hit-and-miss especially for starters but also too often for the main courses. Soups, desserts, breakfast, drinks - all top notch. And obviously the catering in the Premiere Salon which blows every other lounge I know out of the water - but that doesn't help when 10 hours after take-off from CDG the Salon is long gone and what is on the plate in front is less inspiring. Add to that another point that I had made in a previous post, the *extremely* limited choice on some shorter night flights (e.g. the very early JFK-CDG, AF 023). Food-wise I find LX and LH much more consistent on a high level, even if one or the other plate on AF stands out very positively from time to time.

Still, not to sound only negative, also some positive surprises to report: the new amenity kits which started to appear beginning of the week (Sunday to CDG was still the old one, Monday out of CDG the new one, Monday eve back to CDG the old one, Tuesday out of the CDG the new one...) are very very nice. Though too small to fit in toothbursh and toothpaste. And I was extremely impressed by the escort service that worked flawlessly at at outstation where I took a J-only flight on a Skyteam partner airline to connect to my P flight.
Would you have a picture of new kits? Flying in a month and curious to see what I can get!
burg_rtw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 19, 9:16 am
  #553  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 11,178
Originally Posted by burg_rtw View Post
Would you have a picture of new kits? Flying in a month and curious to see what I can get!
Here.

Johan
johan rebel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 19, 10:08 am
  #554  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Posts: 5,885
Originally Posted by burg_rtw View Post
Would you have a picture of new kits? Flying in a month and curious to see what I can get!
Thank God I kept one ;-)


San Gottardo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 19, 12:51 pm
  #555  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Programs: FB Platinum, AS MVP Gold, HH Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 221
Originally Posted by Sjondorn View Post
I have a flight DXB-CDG-SFO later this year in P (both legs, ~ 4 hours transfer time), with flight in DXB leaving at 1:30 am. Any tips for DXB-CDG leg? Have the meal @ lounge (do they offer it ex-DXB?) and go right for the bed once airborne?
Your answer is here: https://flight-report.com/fr/s/?airl...=0&annee=0&F=1

And yes full meal available for La Première pax on this flight.
Leadership is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread