Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Constructive Criticism of La Premiere

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Did the website ever list the "having flown P" requirement? It's definitely not there now, at least on the US version -- I thought recently maybe the requirement had been dropped...
https://www.airfrance.us/US/en/commo...a-premiere.htm

This new requirement would be a big disappointment.
Originally Posted by brunos
There is no mention of FB status or "having traveled in P in last 12 months" on the French website either (French or English language).
True, but this requirement is clearly written in some more official sources like the travel agents portal.

Originally Posted by ALGU
I called back and was finally able to reach and agent that didn't mention the FlyingBlue elite requirement after checking in with their manager. Since I was initially calling during early morning hours 3am-6am, I may have reached the less experienced agents. Or maybe the policy is very new and is still being implemented.
so have you been able to book it ?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Originally Posted by Goldorak
so have you been able to book it ?

Yes! Also wanted to ask if you can get the complimentary massage treatments in addition to the paid massage treatment, or is it only one or the other?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
True, but this requirement is clearly written in some more official sources like the travel agents portal.
Interesting term.
Many of us do not use TA, so our only official source is AF website
But the text is written in legalese English of French (https://www.airfrance.fr/FR/fr/commo...a-premiere.htm).
It really looks like a contractual document and, as mentioned in the text itself, is part of the "informations légales".
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Yes! Also wanted to ask if you can get the complimentary massage treatments in addition to the paid massage treatment, or is it only one or the other?
I have no idea. Always had only the free one.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:47 pm

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat

It's kind of the other way around - a 30 min treatment is free. If you want to extend you are able to do so, but you will have to pay.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: DL PM
i have my first P flight booked for late december -- is the above # the one to call to book a massage in the lounge? is it ok to call 2 months in advance or is there a preferred time window for bookings?

i have only once enjoyed the P ground services + lounge (paid when flying J ~2 yrs ago) and got a massage slot when i arrived at the lounge but wasn't sure how booked up it usually is
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by roberta_h
i have my first P flight booked for late december -- is the above # the one to call to book a massage in the lounge? is it ok to call 2 months in advance or is there a preferred time window for bookings?

i have only once enjoyed the P ground services + lounge (paid when flying J ~2 yrs ago) and got a massage slot when i arrived at the lounge but wasn't sure how booked up it usually is
Definitely call now; I got burnt last time, also assuming I would be able to book a massage as I arrived since I was able to do it the time before, but alas all the slots were booked already.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Well I guess I should start booking my own stuff, what is the e-mail address used for booking a massage etc. (not wanting to call, because timezones)? And where can you find the list of services AF offers?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
So far I've been proactively booked by the Air France staff before I've arrived, with a "I've booked this time for you, if it's not convenient please tell me" sort of question. Both on the intra Euro flights as well as the TATL ones.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by Sjondorn
Well I guess I should start booking my own stuff, what is the e-mail address used for booking a massage etc. (not wanting to call, because timezones)? And where can you find the list of services AF offers?
I think that the email address of the lounge is mail.lapremierecdg [at] airfrance.fr but I am not sure if you can use it to book a massage (I booked on the phone following the suggestions here). I would presume it is fine as long as it is not very short notice.

As for the services they provide, I think that the free one is a 30min treatment and that you can decide on the spot what you want (eg a facial treatment or a back massage). You can have longer treatments but they are rather expensive. (not sure if you were referring to other services; for instance, they provide a limo service on arrival in certain airports)
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here is the list of (spa) services and prices, from March 2017. There's an email address as well, but not sure whether than can be used for booking. I also don't know how it works with paid vs. complementary. I would assume they won't let you book a complimentary treatment and then separately book a paid treatment, but the prices do generally seem to be in-line with what you'd get at a regular high-end spa (~€125/hr.), maybe a little bit less.

Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:09 am

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Merci for everyone putting out information on spa treatments. I can confirm @alesfo post that (mail.lapremierecdg [at] airfrance.fr) was able to book appointments in advance. Also worth mentioning that the spa closes at 4:30pm on the day I arrive (not sure if this is consistent), so was only allowed to book a 1 hour treatment at the most. Had I arrived earlier, I'm still unsure if they would have granted my request to book both a complimentary and paid treatment (facial+body care). Seems to be a bad value proposition to pay for any treatment under 90 minutes.

On a side note, does anyone know if the business class lounge offers a similar spa arrangement with Clarins?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

On a side note, does anyone know if the business class lounge offers a similar spa arrangement with Clarins?
Not the same as P lounge. The 2E K/L/M lounge have Clarins spa rooms but they only offer free 15min facial treatments.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Something weird I want to report here. I have a trip in P coming soon. I called the P line to book 2 massages (the free ones - 30 min) for me and a person travelling with me. Usually it was no problem booking let’s say 3 to 3:30 pm for thé 1st one and 3:45 to 4:15 pm for the 2nd one. Now, according to the agent I spoke to, they need 30 min between each person to prepare the room for the next person. I can understand 15 min, but 30...
Old Oct 24, 2018, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Something weird I want to report here. I have a trip in P coming soon. I called the P line to book 2 massages (the free ones - 30 min) for me and a person travelling with me. Usually it was no problem booking let’s say 3 to 3:30 pm for thé 1st one and 3:45 to 4:15 pm for the 2nd one. Now, according to the agent I spoke to, they need 30 min between each person to prepare the room for the next person. I can understand 15 min, but 30...
The masseuses have a syndicate too you know.
Zarmakuizz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.