Constructive Criticism of La Premiere

Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by daniellam
Recently, I was flying JFK-CDG-JNB (all La Premiere) with a 12 hour connection in CDG.

In case you need a real hotel (with privacy) so that you can lie down or use a hotel's fitness center (to work off all that food you had on your previous flight), when you arrive in CDG from your inbound flight, ask the La Premiere personal assistant for a day room (usually available from 8AM onwards) if your connection time is more than 6 hours.

If you choose to get a day room, they'll put you up at the Sheraton CDG. The AF La Premiere personal assistant will drive you to arrivals and take you through immigration/customs and upstairs to the La Premiere check-in area. You will then wait there while they prepare a voucher and arrange for transportation from 2E to the hotel. The personal assistant will then accompany you to the hotel and assist you with check-in formalities. Also, you can arrange for a time (before meal time) you want to return to the airport and a AF La Premiere personal assistant will wait for you in the hotel lobby for the drive back to 2E and take you through security and to the lounge.

Caution: Do not use the breakfast/lunch/dinner vouchers given to you by the Sheraton CDG (even if it is complimentary). You'll be wasting your time on poor quality food. Wait until you get back to the La Premiere lounge to eat from the Alain Ducasse menu insteasd.
Hi!
My 17+ hour and 10+ transits just got better if this really is the case still later on this year.

daniellam[/B]Just to see that I get this straight; AF comps a day room at the Sheraton for >6 hour transits when flying in F? Would this be the case when ticket tariff is FFFxx and inbound flight to CDG would be business as no F is available, F out of CDG, F in again to CDG and business out as no F is available.

Last edited by SeatReserved; Mar 4, 2017 at 1:48 pm Reason: Missed bolding
Old Mar 4, 2017, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
I've had that "change behind the curtains" experience more than once, especially on morning arrivals from North America, where people wanted to sleep in as long as possible and then everybody rushes to the toilet 25 minutes before landing.
Bumping this older part of the discussion -- is it reasonable to change into/out of the PJs in the La Premiere seat (window), with the curtains closed? Or are they too transparent/translucent? Unless it's an accessible lavatory, I'd imagine there's probably more room in the seat area.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Bumping this older part of the discussion -- is it reasonable to change into/out of the PJs in the La Premiere seat (window), with the curtains closed? Or are they too transparent/translucent? Unless it's an accessible lavatory, I'd imagine there's probably more room in the seat area.
The curtain is substantial and non-transparent, making "behind the curtain" the most convenient and comfortable place to change.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by SFO777
The curtain is substantial and non-transparent, making "behind the curtain" the most convenient and comfortable place to change.
+1. It's a thick curtain (by plane standards). Light coloured but definitely not transparent. If you are worried just keep additional lights off and I'm very certain nobody else will see anything.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:07 am

If I pre-order one of the meal choices offered out of CDG but find it's not to my liking once on-board, would they cater enough for me to be able to choose one of the options on the menu? As of now it looks like my flight has 2 out of the 4 P seats booked.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Glad to see standards being maintained ; former UK prime minister Gordon Brown refused entry as he's not an eligible passenger. No amount of DYKWIA cut through the rules ^
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by rosensfole
Glad to see standards being maintained ; former UK prime minister Gordon Brown refused entry as he's not an eligible passenger. No amount of DYKWIA cut through the rules ^
Did you see this in the news or is this just a recent personal experience?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by caliform
Did you see this in the news or is this just a recent personal experience?
I was there when it happened. He was not happy.
To be fair, the staff were sympathetic up to a point and allowed him and one of his assistants to have a seat while another assistant went off to see what special arrangements could be made for such an important man. In the end they were resigned to having to retire to the standard lounge in 2E/K.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:47 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
That's pretty fantastic. Thanks for reporting
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
... the staff were sympathetic up to a point and allowed him and one of his assistants to have a seat while another assistant went off to see what special arrangements could be made for such an important man. In the end they were resigned to having to retire to the standard lounge in 2E/K.
Classic. ^
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
Classic. ^
Indeed.
Originally Posted by caliform
That's pretty fantastic. Thanks for reporting
Well it did make the 4 hour layover that little more enjoyable.
​​​​
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
I tried my luck once when I got an op-up to P at check-in. I was sure it would not work unlike Mr Brown but I had time to waste

My main goal was to challenge them a bit regarding the criteria: fare paid or cabin of travel.

I start to argue that the travel cabin should matter, they told me that I paid for J and that is what matters, as expected, Then I told them in case I pay P on NYC CDG (1 week stopover) CDG FRA, then I should have access to the F lounge on the way to FRA since I paid P all the way, fare basis is FXXXXX or PXXXXX. But here, they told me that I would be flying in J to FRA, I would get access only if the flight is on the same day or 1 day before/after the P flight (used to be 24 hours, now it could be arrival 6:00 am day D departure 14:00 day D+1).

Since what mattered on this day in my case was the fare paid and not the cabin I was travelling in, they should at least offer P ground service for all flights paid in P, even if for operational reasons they cannot offer P service onboard. The agent was a bit puzzled but understood that their policy was not really consistent and that it was not fair towards incoming passengers in Paris, or with a stopover in Paris, that pay for the F lounge but are not eligible to access it.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:19 am

I've been in the P lounge with an opup. No arguments, just whizzed straight through to lounge and all amenities on board. I was on a flex expensive J though..

For this trip I was P on the way out and Z on way back. On arrival at SIN I got a letter saying that I'd still get Jetway CIP treatment at checkin. Which is nice. Also got a call saying I'd been upgraded to Plat despite not having the miles as a thanks for travelling P so much.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
For this trip I was P on the way out and Z on way back. On arrival at SIN I got a letter saying that I'd still get Jetway CIP treatment at checkin. Which is nice. Also got a call saying I'd been upgraded to Plat despite not having the miles as a thanks for travelling P so much.
Well that was very nice of them. But I would think that you'd get Platinum with just a few such RT's anyways, unless you are registered with FB under a French address.

I've got a similar itinerary to PEK coming up. Hope I get the same return treatment.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
I've got a similar itinerary to PEK coming up. Hope I get the same return treatment.
Let's hope so ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.