Constructive Criticism of La Premiere

Old Jan 29, 17, 3:40 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Four hours in the lounge is, for me, the optimal time. My last visit was 5hrs 30 and I was getting quite bored after the 4 hour mark. Anything less than 2 hours and you're not really getting the full benefit. That said arriving from afar at 5am I would just want to get on my local connection ASAP and get home.
Old Feb 2, 17, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by rosensfole View Post
I understand it's closed currently then due to reopen 21st Feb. I hope there are no significant delays since I booked to use the facility again early April.
re-opening on Feb 28, normally.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27856328-post52.html
Old Feb 2, 17, 2:37 pm

I had an interesting time in the lounge last summer when I found myself at CDG for nearly 6 hours to to the schedule of my flights during the AF strike. While it was always luxurious by the end I felt like I was in a velvet prison.
Old Feb 6, 17, 5:24 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
I know you mention the beef fillet, but that lounge blanc de turbot looks absolutely delicious to me! Was it?
I am so impressed. I have always thought of food served on BA (for those of us over here) as being that which would be served in the Manager's Mess in some insurance company. This looks divine.
Old Feb 8, 17, 8:48 am

Bourbon

I realize that I am likely not the target demographic (American, Male, age 30+) of Air France, but it is very frustrating to pay between $5,000 and $10,000 on a flight in La Premier and have only mid/bottom shelf american whiskey available. Even the most basic Delta or United flight offers something better then Jack Daniels.
Old Feb 8, 17, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF Silver, UA 1K, AA LT PLT
Originally Posted by Pdstahl View Post
I realize that I am likely not the target demographic (American, Male, age 30+) of Air France, but it is very frustrating to pay between $5,000 and $10,000 on a flight in La Premier and have only mid/bottom shelf american whiskey available. Even the most basic Delta or United flight offers something better then Jack Daniels.
You could always fly DL or UA on your next trip, where you would no doubt feel more at home... especially since you can't even properly spell the name of the AF product.
Old Feb 8, 17, 10:18 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
You could always fly DL or UA on your next trip, where you would no doubt feel more at home... especially since you can't even properly spell the name of the AF product.
You mean one of those airlines where as part of a "gourmet" meal in First Class they serve Ben & Jerry's (spelling? Not that I would care), and where when you ask what the choice of wines is the answer is "we have red and white, but I'd rather give you the menu because I can't pronounce the name"?
Old Feb 8, 17, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I too have wondered about this in the past. But then I peruse the wine and Champagne offerings, plus the food, none of which you will ever see the likes of on DL or UA. And don't forget the Armagnac!
Old Feb 8, 17, 2:00 pm

Fair point; when stocked I have put away many bottles of Crystal on AF or more then one glass of Armagnac.

Yet... sometimes I just want a nice bourbon.
Old Feb 8, 17, 2:45 pm

Fair point; when stocked I have put away many bottles of Crystal on AF or more then one glass of Armagnac.

Yet... sometimes I just want a nice bourbon.
There's no shame in that.
Old Feb 8, 17, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by San Gottardo View Post
You mean one of those airlines where as part of a "gourmet" meal in First Class they serve Ben & Jerry's (spelling? Not that I would care), and where when you ask what the choice of wines is the answer is "we have red and white, but I'd rather give you the menu because I can't pronounce the name"?
so true !!
Old Feb 8, 17, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF Silver, UA 1K, AA LT PLT
...when stocked I have put away many bottles of Crystal on AF...
Dude, stop embarrassing yourself and reinforcing what much of the world thinks of 30 year old American males.
If you still don't get it, try reading the label next time.
Old Feb 8, 17, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What harshness!

If Jack Daniels is really the best they have, in F that's pretty sad (not to necessarily knock JD).

But I assume there is at least one decent single-malt Scotch, no?
Old Feb 8, 17, 11:38 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB Plat.), LH MM, Iberia plus, HH & MRW Gold, Chevalier de la zagte berm
Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
Dude, stop embarrassing yourself and reinforcing what much of the world thinks of 30 year old American males.
If you still don't get it, try reading the label next time.
I'm glad this conversation seems to happen in between 2 US citizens...
Old Feb 9, 17, 5:01 am

Embarrassing spelling errors aside, I appreciate the feedback.

Search this Thread