ADP (Paris Airport management) invests in faster border controls

Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I know it's not the same, but tell that to the people stuck in that horrible hot line at MIA.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by SDQBound
I'm currently at CDG 2E. The longest line i've ever seen here in 5 years. Regular line extends all the way to check-in area 12 and SkyPriority goes all the way to door 8.

Parafe seems to be very slow, with a very long queue as well.
It was similar when I was there January 1st. I've never seen SkyPriority and Parafe lines that long before.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by ShopAround
It was similar when I was there January 1st. I've never seen SkyPriority and Parafe lines that long before.
Would that be on departure too?
Old Jan 4, 2017, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
I know it's not the same, but tell that to the people stuck in that horrible hot line at MIA.
Sure, and the same comment applies to any airport where there is an occasional computer breakdown or strike. But the state of permanent misorganization at French airports, following the new immigration requirements is beyond belief.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by brunos
Would that be on departure too?
That was my departure. When I arrived on 24 December, I transited from 2E to 2F and the lines were very short.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Update : all PARAFE gates have been removed in the 2E arrival hall and they are being replaced by the new gates. I don't know how long it will take to install them.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by brunos
But the state of permanent misorganization at French airports, following the new immigration requirements is beyond belief.
Most of our French politicians are incompetent and they live in a separate world,

Furthermore, all of them not accountable so there is little chance it will change.

They declare a state of emergency and in their eyes that is enough. They don't feel that they have a duty to deal with the practical consequences of their decision.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carnarvon
Most of our French politicians are incompetent and they live in a separate world,

Furthermore, all of them not accountable so there is little chance it will change.

They declare a state of emergency and in their eyes that is enough. They don't feel that they have a duty to deal with the practical consequences of their decision.
Don't worry. President Macron will change all that.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Don't worry. President Macron will change all that.
I can just imagine what is going on in the heads of the few members of this forum that I happen to know in person and I applaud their discipline and that of all others on this forum to not engage in expressions of jubilation or disgust at that prospect. (and yes, I realized that you have put a smiley to your message).

Whoever will be President, I'd love for the chaps running the airport, selecting new biometric checkpoints and organizing staffing of passport checks to do a better job.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
I can just imagine what is going on in the heads of the few members of this forum that I happen to know in person and I applaud their discipline and that of all others on this forum to not engage in expressions of jubilation or disgust at that prospect. (and yes, I realized that you have put a smiley to your message).
Don't worry. We don't all have life and death reactions to whomever is President in France, the US or anywhere else. Some of us have lives.

I just flew from CDG to HEL and for some reason there was no border control leaving CDG. I thought the suspension of Shengen at the airports was due to last til July? I went through passport control at MRS a week ago on my way to MAD.

Then I went to my long haul boarding gate here at HEL and found they have automatic passport lanes for several non-EU countries here! America, Canada and several Asian countries too. No registration required. Why can't other EU airports do this? That said, it could not read my passport for some reason. I use this passport at automatic gates in the UK and Hong Kong and it has always worked fine. Oh well, it's progress of a sort.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Don't worry. We don't all have life and death reactions to whomever is President in France, the US or anywhere else. Some of us have lives.

I just flew from CDG to HEL and for some reason there was no border control leaving CDG. I thought the suspension of Shengen at the airports was due to last til July? I went through passport control at MRS a week ago on my way to MAD.

Then I went to my long haul boarding gate here at HEL and found they have automatic passport lanes for several non-EU countries here! America, Canada and several Asian countries too. No registration required. Why can't other EU airports do this? That said, it could not read my passport for some reason. I use this passport at automatic gates in the UK and Hong Kong and it has always worked fine. Oh well, it's progress of a sort.
Those border control seems to be a joke, just got reported of a SXF-NCE on easyjet without any passport check neither on departure or arrival. Same for a LIN-ORY on Alitalia ... Go figure :/
Old Feb 18, 2017, 3:57 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Mirk
Those border control seems to be a joke, just got reported of a SXF-NCE on easyjet without any passport check neither on departure or arrival. Same for a LIN-ORY on Alitalia ... Go figure :/
They are meant to be systematic.

Beware of the staffing issues. They cannot indefinitely man the booth for all intra Schengen traffic. This is just impossible.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 11:59 am
pxm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Update : all PARAFE gates have been removed in the 2E arrival hall and they are being replaced by the new gates. I don't know how long it will take to install them.
Does anyone have an update on this? When will the new gates be operational?
Old Feb 19, 2017, 12:05 pm
pxm

Duplicate post. Deleted.

Last edited by pxm; Feb 19, 2017 at 12:06 pm Reason: Duplicate
Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:48 am

Did you had border controls at CDG the last time? I haven't seen any there since at least September (and don't know if there were any before that). It seems to be the only French airport that is saved from this nonsense? (MRS isn't, as you mentioned. And neither is BVA.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.