ADP (Paris Airport management) invests in faster border controls

Old Aug 22, 17, 3:31 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Marriott silver, Hilton
Originally Posted by San Gottardo View Post
ADP didn't want to pay for the PARAFES gates, dispute was about an amount equivalent to the sum spent on the change of logo by ADP
Those people are afloat with OUR money and they spoil our lives.

What about another 4th August night?
Old Aug 22, 17, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by carnarvon View Post
Those people are afloat with OUR money and they spoil our lives.
Not to do that would require accountability and responsibility as well as sense of true public service - a sentence I wouldn't even be able to express in the French language.

What about another 4th August night?
Sorry, I am a bit slow... what happened on August 4th? As long as you're not calling for another July 14th ;-) (those that have read the article will understand the pun)
Old Aug 22, 17, 4:11 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, BAEC Silver, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Not to do that would require accountability and responsibility as well as sense of true public service - a sentence I wouldn't even be able to express in the French language.

When reading the article the government/immigration agents seem like the nicest persons in the world, like they can do no wrong and ADP & AF are the devils sabotaging France as a nation...
Old Aug 22, 17, 7:09 pm

Programs: Many

Some of the root causes identified:

• Air France's hub system with seven daily departure waves creates peaks
So the French Administration has just discovered the existence of the AF hub at CDG
Old Aug 23, 17, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
This is a bit unrelated as it applies to 2A, But I have used it numerous times in the past three months for CX/BA. Found it very efficient. Last departure on SUnday. Little queue as usual for Priority pax. AT immigration, they have on the left, two olkd PARAFE working, then two EU booth (one is marked as PARAFE supervisor, thenothers with a short line for priority pax. Never took me more than a minute wait at departure and five minutes at arrival.
Old Aug 23, 17, 12:54 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Marriott silver, Hilton
what happened on August 4th?
Hehe.... During the night of 4th August 1789, the Constituent Assembly voted the abolition of feudal privileges.
Old Aug 23, 17, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos View Post
This is a bit unrelated as it applies to 2A, But I have used it numerous times in the past three months for CX/BA. Found it very efficient. Last departure on SUnday. Little queue as usual for Priority pax. AT immigration, they have on the left, two olkd PARAFE working, then two EU booth (one is marked as PARAFE supervisor, thenothers with a short line for priority pax. Never took me more than a minute wait at departure and five minutes at arrival.
The two old PARAFE gates on the left no longer work.

There are new PARAFE gates on the other end, to the right of the non-EU lines. Last time I landed there there a plane from Algeria had also just landed, so it was impossible to see beyond the large mass of people whether the new PARAFE gates were working. Hence, depending on whether you're coming from the right or the left it might be less risky indeed to take the priority line even if there are some people, because walking past it to the new PARAFE gates you may end up finding that they don't work and then you have to go back to the priority lane, which may then have filled up...

What I don't understand is why the biometric gates aren't the *default* for EU citizens? The number of gates and guidance given at Paris airports is a philosophy of "passport control is by an agent, but if you really feel innovative you could also try these new biometric control gates", instead of "EU passport? Go through the machines".
joyu12 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 17, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
The two old PARAFE gates on the left no longer work.

There are new PARAFE gates on the other end, to the right of the non-EU lines. Last time I landed there there a plane from Algeria had also just landed, so it was impossible to see beyond the large mass of people whether the new PARAFE gates were working. Hence, depending on whether you're coming from the right or the left it might be less risky indeed to take the priority line even if there are some people, because walking past it to the new PARAFE gates you may end up finding that they don't work and then you have to go back to the priority lane, which may then have filled up...

What I don't understand is why the biometric gates aren't the *default* for EU citizens? The number of gates and guidance given at Paris airports is a philosophy of "passport control is by an agent, but if you really feel innovative you could also try these new biometric control gates", instead of "EU passport? Go through the machines".
I was talking about departure, and I can attest that one PARAFE gate was working.
Old Aug 23, 17, 9:00 am
formerly B7e7US
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA/DL PLT, Priority Pass, Marriott Gold, Thalys Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz PC, Other shiny cards
Originally Posted by brunos View Post
I was talking about departure, and I can attest that one PARAFE gate was working.
Recently saw the two of them working, and indeed, 2AC has improved a lot.
Old Aug 29, 17, 7:58 am

Programs: FB LTPE+C2000, EK Gold, TK *S, SPG PP+Amb+LTPP, IHG Platinum, Accorhotels Gold
What I don't understand is why the biometric gates aren't the *default* for EU citizens?
Exactly. If it does not work, go see an agent.
Old Aug 29, 17, 12:02 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC, Accor Gold, IHG Gold
I tried them not long ago and I had issues with the fingerprint reader. Seems like it didn't work and the agent opened the door manually but I didn't have to report to the agent.
Old Sep 17, 17, 1:35 am
q

From E to F yesterday, first flight had enough delay so that a number of passengers (not me) were at high risk of missing their connection. They were given priority to disembark. When reaching the immigration check point between E and F, I noticed that these passengers ... who were off the plane ahead of me ... somehow ended up way behind, in what appeared to be the slower no-privilege queue. The priority queue had zero wait time. (Of course) I invited them to use the faster line ... knowing they were on a very tight connection ... but in my opinion the ADP person who was directing people to one line or another, was completely useless OR WORSE. This was at around 17h30 yesterday.

In my opinion this function (people in orange uniform) could be useful if done properly. Maybe it depends on how motivated individual people actually are.

An article in Liberation newspaper (only in French) talks about the delays at immigration checkpoints in Paris this summer. Findings seem to be from a report the government had commissioned in July.

Some of the root causes identified:

• Air France's hub system with seven daily departure waves creates peaks
  • High growth of traffic, +6% since beginning of the year
  • ADP and the Ministry of the Interior slow at giving green light for PARAFES gates
  • ADP didn't want to pay for the PARAFES gates, dispute was about an amount equivalent to the sum spent on the change of logo by ADP
Old Sep 17, 17, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Does anyone know whether the automatic immigration gates in terminal 3 at Orly West are now working? Coming in on the JFK flight, and last time I got into terminal 3 immigration, which is several months ago, the automatic gate was out of service.
Old Sep 17, 17, 2:45 am

Programs: FB LTPE+C2000, EK Gold, TK *S, SPG PP+Amb+LTPP, IHG Platinum, Accorhotels Gold
Does anyone know whether the automatic immigration gates in terminal 3 at Orly West are now working? Coming in on the JFK flight, and last time I got into terminal 3 immigration, which is several months ago, the automatic gate was out of service.
Works very sporadically. But the SkyPriority lane has proven to be efficient to me all the time.
The issue is that after passport control, you get to the regular (and very lengthy) security control.
Old Sep 17, 17, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by olivedel View Post
Works very sporadically. But the SkyPriority lane has proven to be efficient to me all the time.
The issue is that after passport control, you get to the regular (and very lengthy) security control.
Sorry, slight misunderstanding. I am coming in from JFK, so it was arrivals immigration that I wanted to enquire about. There are some DOM flights that arrive around the same time.
For departures, I have done several in the past couple of weeks (on BA though), the priority lane worked very well especially thanks to proactive orange-clad ADP staff who basically walked with me all the way from the entrance of the lane to the booth, and prevented non-priority passengers from approaching the booth. Same procedure several times. Security afterwards mixes priority and non-priority lines, but never more than 5 or 6 people in front.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: