ADP (Paris Airport management) invests in faster border controls

Old Jul 31, 17, 4:57 am

Programs: FB LTPE+C2000, EK Gold, TK *S, SPG PP+Amb+LTPP, IHG Platinum, Accorhotels Gold
Originally Posted by San Gottardo View Post
To do that you would need to have a "fake" ticket (one that you buy to go through security, and then have refunded afterwards) for a flight departing from terminal 2F, use that to pass the security into terminal 2F, and then the connection into terminal 2E with your real ticket.

The limes at terminal 2E he must be quite long to justify that trouble.
I did that a couple of times before, and it works perfectly. You just need to manage your personal treasury to handle a lenghty refund process at AF.
Old Aug 1, 17, 3:44 am
formerly B7e7US
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA/DL PLT, Priority Pass, Marriott Gold, Thalys Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz PC, Other shiny cards
For the first time in months (or years) it took me less than 5 minutes to clear arrivals immigration using the SkyPriority line at CDG between 6:00-7:00 am. The lines were moving very fast, and they new setup seems to be working very well. The new machines were functioning and it took 10-15 seconds to process a passenger.

For those who have not arrived at CDG recently, the SkyPriority is now located in the center of the hall, with European passports and the automated machines to the left, and non-EU passports to the right.

I hope these improvements are not only for the short run during the summer period, but extended as part of the regular operations.
Old Aug 1, 17, 3:44 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Saturday morning arrival was a 50 minute wait in Sky Priority (Should have taken the European passports line) the new Parafes gates were open, but they seemed to be very slow and too few compared to, for example, the EU passport gates at FRA.

Today the airport looks deserted...I asked the check ik lady about a forecast for Sunday morning. She said it would be one of the busiest days of the year and even with Sky Priority I should be there at least 3 hours in advance. Ouch!
Old Aug 1, 17, 4:25 am

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
Originally Posted by SDQBound View Post
For the first time in months (or years) it took me less than 5 minutes to clear arrivals immigration using the SkyPriority line at CDG between 6:00-7:00 am. The lines were moving very fast, and they new setup seems to be working very well. The new machines were functioning and it took 10-15 seconds to process a passenger.

For those who have not arrived at CDG recently, the SkyPriority is now located in the center of the hall, with European passports and the automated machines to the left, and non-EU passports to the right.

I hope these improvements are not only for the short run during the summer period, but extended as part of the regular operations.
What terminal is that ? 2E?
Old Aug 1, 17, 5:32 am
formerly B7e7US

Programs: AA/DL PLT, Priority Pass, Marriott Gold, Thalys Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz PC, Other shiny cards
Originally Posted by Enthilza View Post
What terminal is that ? 2E?
Yes, 2E
Old Aug 1, 17, 6:59 am

Programs: FB Platinum, BAEC Silver, Eurostar Carte Blanche

Are the automated machines accessible from SP lane or are they still in a separated lane from SP and EU passport control as before?
Old Aug 1, 17, 7:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry

We'll be transiting CDG here in a few months as part of a DXB>CDG>ATL>SAT flight home. Understand we'll be arriving and departing through 2E arriving around 6 AM 3 hours before our 9 AM flight to ATL. I've already gotten wife requested assurance in another thread that that should be plenty of time. I assume since we are flying SkyPriority we should use that lane rather than the non-EU lane?
Old Aug 1, 17, 7:13 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a free agent
DXB-CDG-ATL only clears security - no need to clear immigration, so no non-EU citizen line comes into play.

You can use the SkyPriority line.
Old Aug 1, 17, 7:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer View Post
DXB-CDG-ATL only clears security - no need to clear immigration, so no non-EU citizen line comes into play.

You can use the SkyPriority line.
Great! Typically we fly directly back to the US so haven't had to connect in Europe except through LHR once and that has its own set of challenges......a big part of my wife's concern about CDG after that hassle.
Old Aug 1, 17, 9:25 am
formerly B7e7US

Originally Posted by Randyk47 View Post
Great! Typically we fly directly back to the US so haven't had to connect in Europe except through LHR once and that has its own set of challenges......a big part of my wife's concern about CDG after that hassle.
It will be a very straight forward connection.
Old Aug 1, 17, 9:28 am
formerly B7e7US

Originally Posted by joyu12 View Post
Are the automated machines accessible from SP lane or are they still in a separated lane from SP and EU passport control as before?
Not accessible from SP lane. Basically you arrive to the passport control hall and you find the lines in the following order (right to left): EU, Automated border control, SkyPriority, Non-EU passports.
Old Aug 1, 17, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Not accessible from SP lane. Basically you arrive to the passport control hall and you find the lines in the following order (right to left): EU, Automated border control, SkyPriority, Non-EU passports.
I think it's rather (bold is inverted) : EU, SkyPriority, Automated border control, Non-EU passports.
And you can also see that from the pictures I posted in the FB Ultimate thread 2 weeks ago (I took them from the SkyP lane and the PARAFE gates were on my right)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28582781-post596.html
Old Aug 1, 17, 4:48 pm
formerly B7e7US

Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
I think it's rather (bold is inverted) : EU, SkyPriority, Automated border control, Non-EU passports.
And you can also see that from the pictures I posted in the FB Ultimate thread 2 weeks ago (I took them from the SkyP lane and the PARAFE gates were on my right)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28582781-post596.html
Your picture reflects the order I mentioned, from right to left. If you took it from the SP lane and PARAFE gates were on your right, then the order is EU, PARAFE, SP, Non EU).
Old Aug 1, 17, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Your picture reflects the order I mentioned, from right to left. If you took it from the SP lane and PARAFE gates were on your right, then the order is EU, PARAFE, SP, Non EU).
Oh yes, my mistake. I read it wrong from left to right. Sorry
Old Aug 22, 17, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
An article in Liberation newspaper (only in French) talks about the delays at immigration checkpoints in Paris this summer. Findings seem to be from a report the government had commissioned in July.

Some of the root causes identified:

• Air France's hub system with seven daily departure waves creates peaks
  • High growth of traffic, +6% since beginning of the year
  • ADP and the Ministry of the Interior slow at giving green light for PARAFES gates
  • ADP didn't want to pay for the PARAFES gates, dispute was about an amount equivalent to the sum spent on the change of logo by ADP

Search this Thread
Search Engine: