ADP (Paris Airport management) invests in faster border controls

Old Apr 16, 17, 11:42 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by brunos View Post
One datapoint. My family arrived at CDG1 on QR in J Sunday morning. Plane landed a 7:11, at the gate 7:19, in taxi at 7:42. Having J priority for immigration and checked bag helped. No wait.
Fully consistent with our SQ experience then. We had priority luggage ; SQ is very good at that with a dedicated belt at CDG. Back to the main tropic, immigration was a breeze and Accès n°1 was useless.
Old Apr 17, 17, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Don't think that CDG1 is better than 2. It can be but the lines can be very long too. I waited about 30 min coming back from DUB mid-day earlier this year.
Old Apr 17, 17, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
Don't think that CDG1 is better than 2. It can be but the lines can be very long too. I waited about 30 min coming back from DUB mid-day earlier this year.
Indeed.
Two months ago, was very long line. Got directed to access 1 and one officier for 60 pax. Then back to PARAFE which was miraculously working and unsignalled.
Old Apr 19, 17, 1:10 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Credit where credit is due!

this morning at 07:45 zero wait at security and immigration from 2L towards 2F. In the opposite direction very few people queing. That's how it should always be 👍
Old Apr 25, 17, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
With CDG 2E immigration being the mess that it is for O&D passengers, how is it for transfers between 2E and 2F, and the other way around? One would be able to use the connector between 2F and 2E-L, no? Or does that only work when connecting flight leaves from 2E-L, or arrives in 2E-L?

Thanks.
Old Apr 25, 17, 10:50 am
formerly B7e7US
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA/DL PLT, Priority Pass, Marriott Gold, Thalys Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz PC, Other shiny cards
Originally Posted by San Gottardo View Post
With CDG 2E immigration being the mess that it is for O&D passengers, how is it for transfers between 2E and 2F, and the other way around? One would be able to use the connector between 2F and 2E-L, no? Or does that only work when connecting flight leaves from 2E-L, or arrives in 2E-L?

Thanks.
I was departing on a flight from 2E-K and tried to go through security at 2F, when the first person scanned my BP, she told me I was not at the right place and sent me to 2E. I explained to her that I knew what I was doing, but she still didn't allow me to. Only passengers departing from 2E-L and whose flight check-in take place at 2F can do this.
Old Apr 25, 17, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SDQBound View Post
I was departing on a flight from 2E-K and tried to go through security at 2F, when the first person scanned my BP, she told me I was not at the right place and sent me to 2E. I explained to her that I knew what I was doing, but she still didn't allow me to. Only passengers departing from 2E-L and whose flight check-in take place at 2F can do this.
OK, thanks.

And how is immigration at the 2E-L -> 2F border crossing? As mad as the arrivals hall for Paris-bound passengers?

Also, I wonder what 2E-2G transfers look like. No more security for 2G->2E, and passport control in 2G, that should be quite painless, shouldn't it?
Old Apr 25, 17, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
And how is immigration at the 2E-L -> 2F border crossing? As mad as the arrivals hall for Paris-bound passengers?
No recent experience for me.

Also, I wonder what 2E-2G transfers look like. No more security for 2G->2E, and passport control in 2G, that should be quite painless, shouldn't it?
I'm doing that connection tomorrow morning, so will report
Old Apr 25, 17, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

I really wonder what's the problem with the new automatic gates at 2E-arrivals. The PARAFES gates were removed about 2 months ago at arrivals to install the new gates, but still nothing. Every time I arrive here, I have a look and it doesn't seem to move at all. Why did they removed the PARAFES gates if the new ones are not delivered yet. It shouldn't take that long to install that. Or is it the 10000th demonstration of ADP inability to do things properly ?
Old Apr 26, 17, 3:58 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC, Accor Gold, IHG Gold

I did it a few times, depends on what time you do it. At around noon I managed to do the full connection in 8 mins hence empty immigration.
Difference story in the other direction though.
Old Apr 26, 17, 4:20 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a free agent
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
Or is it the 10000th demonstration of ADP inability to do things properly ?
I'm pretty sure the 10000th demonstration was many years ago. They're long past that.
Old Apr 26, 17, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer View Post
I'm pretty sure the 10000th demonstration was many years ago. They're long past that.
To quantify it, you shouldn't use "number of demonstrations of inability" as the unit. There are higher units of the same metric, which Newton would have defined like this:

100 mishaps = 1 problem
100 problems = 1 fundamental issue
100 fundamental issues = 1 clusterf**ck
100 clusterf**ck = 1 dysfunctional system
100 dysfunctional systems = French bureaucracy
100 French bureaucracy = new Berlin airport
100 new Berlin airports = 1 disaster
100 disasters = 1 ADP

Is there something above ADP?
Old Apr 26, 17, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Just did 2E(L) to 2G. Very easy and I was alone during all the transfer, including in the bus. From the gate in 2E to the lounge in 2G, it took me 20 minutes, and this includes 5-7 min waiting for the bus. Security was cleared in 2E and passports in 2G. Only one booth open but, I was alone.
Old Apr 26, 17, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is there something above ADP?
100 ADP= 1 Brexit
Old May 19, 17, 2:35 am

Programs: Many
I arrived in CDG 2E this morning from SIN on AF: waited 2 minutes at the regular immigration ; would have to wait 10 in the Accès n°1 lane, which is a nonsense.

Bag was first on the belt.

30 minutes from aircraft door (most remote M gate) to taxi, not bad.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: