Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF7 Always Cancelled...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2016, 10:57 am

After the 24-hour delay at JFK, my streak of bad luck is not over, as my luggage was lost somewhere between JFK and CDG...

One thing I noticed regarding the handling of this flight cancellation: there again I understand that these technical issues can happen, but the AF crew in JFK seemed very "casual" about it. Like no real apology for the inconvenience, "you're lucky to take the plane only one day after your scheduled flight", etc...

And obviously nobody from Air France mentioned to the passengers that they could get compensated for the cancellation, but I guess this was predictable.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 5:58 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
IME, whenever I fly AF6 it leaves CDG late, usually about a half hour. The reasons vary: late incoming aircraft, maintenance, etc. Whenever I fly AF7, it too invariably leaves JFK late, usually about a half hour, usually due to late arrival of incoming aircraft.

But I've never seen it renumbered...
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brunos
I remember reading in the BA forum that there might be a difference in terms of EC261 compensation between a delay and a cancellation. would that be a motivation?
No: there is nothing to be gained in turning a delay into a cancellation. If anything, it would be less favourable to the airline (due to the way delay is calculated among other things). In any event, what the airline calls it would not be conclusive for the courts.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
One of my colleague is flying tomorrow on the A380 flight IAD-CDG (this flight is normally leaving IAD around 6:30 or 7 pm). He received today a sms from AF informing him that the flight was postponed by 1hr and..renumbered AF40XX.

Very strange as the flight is still the same day.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 4:16 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
One of my colleague is flying tomorrow on the A380 flight IAD-CDG (this flight is normally leaving IAD around 6:30 or 7 pm). He received today a sms from AF informing him that the flight was postponed by 1hr and..renumbered AF40XX.

Very strange as the flight is still the same day.
I think that it needs to be same-day at UTC time.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by olivedel
I think that it needs to be same-day at UTC time.
could be indeed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.