Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Lounge access in CDG for longhaul J -> shorthaul Y connection [no status]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2016, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum

Hi all --

I'm flying AF SFO->CDG in J class, connecting to CDG->CMN on Y class.

Do I get lounge access in CDG due to my SFO->CDG flight? I don't have any Skyteam status.

Apologies if this is a noob question, I don't usually fly Skyteam/AF and the website seems to say two different things:

All First and Business Class passengers traveling on, or connecting to/from, a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline have access to a lounge. Lounge access will be provided only at your departure and transfer airports, and not on arrival.
For connecting customers, both the domestic and international flights must be operated by a SkyTeam member airline and all segments need to be booked in First or Business Class. Simply present your First or Business Class boarding passes for the lounge agent to validate for admission.
Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 8, 2016, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
C class is available on the CMN flight, so in theory, you shouldn't have lounge access in CDG if you are booked in Y on this flight. However, multiple posters have reported being successful on this forum in the same situation. So, just try, you have nothing to loose.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:56 pm

For connecting customers, both the domestic and international flights must be operated by a SkyTeam member airline and all segments need to be booked in First or Business Class.
This would mean that passengers connecting at CDG from Y to J would not get lounge access.

Mrs. D is traveling from CDG to LHR in AF Y, then to JFK in DL J. The more typical rule would allow her access in CDG, but this rule seems to say No. Right?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 11:09 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by GaryD

This would mean that passengers connecting at CDG from Y to J would not get lounge access.

Mrs. D is traveling from CDG to LHR in AF Y, then to JFK in DL J. The more typical rule would allow her access in CDG, but this rule seems to say No. Right?
Nope. You always have access to the departure terminal lounge of the flight in C.

Meaning in your case:
- LHR CDG: no lounge (in theory, there can be exceptions)
- CDG JFK: lounge
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by carnarvon
Nope. You always have access to the departure terminal lounge of the flight in C.

Meaning in your case:
- LHR CDG: no lounge (in theory, there can be exceptions)
- CDG JFK: lounge
So not "all segments" need be booked in J/C or F, that ought to be fixed on the AF website.

You got the segments wrong, but the principal is correct: Mrs. D was denied access in CDG (traveling to LHR in Y), but presumably will get access in LHR (traveling to JFK in DL J/C).
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by GaryD
So not "all segments" need be booked in J/C or F, that ought to be fixed on the AF website.
You got the segments wrong, but the principal is correct: Mrs. D was denied access in CDG (traveling to LHR in Y), but presumably will get access in LHR (traveling to JFK in DL J/C).
All segments need to be booked in C for lounge access for all the flights.
​​​​Otherwise, lounge access for each flight booked in C. Definitely lounge access in LHR (sorry for segment mixup) for LHR JFK in C.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.