Wiki Posts
Search

Equipment in order of preference?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American AAdvantage

Of the 4 distinct aircrafts AF uses on the east coast (JFK/ATL) to CDG routes, the following have Premium Economy seats:
  • A330-200 (ex-JFK)
  • A380-800 (ex-JFK)
  • B777-300ER (ex-JFK/ex-ATL)

In what order would folks rate the flying experience? Is the soft product of Premium Economy the same in all three planes? What about the hard product? Having flown LAX-MEL on the A380, I assume that plane offers the best overall TATL experience.

Thanks.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
All AF long-haul planes have W seats. The hard and soft products are the same across the fleet, but if I had to choose, I would indeed take the A380 in W because the cabin is bigger and if you can have row 80 on each side, you have a huge legroom because it is an exit row.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

If I select Premium Economy instead of Economy, the A330-300 flight out of JFK isn't an option.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Sant
If I select Premium Economy instead of Economy, the A330-300 flight out of JFK isn't an option.
AF doesn't have A330-300, only A330-200. So I suppose this is not an AF-operated flight but rather the DL-operated one (code-shared with AF). DL doesn't have a W cabin.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 1:54 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by Goldorak
AF doesn't have A330-300, only A330-200. So I suppose this is not an AF-operated flight but rather the DL-operated one (code-shared with AF). DL doesn't have a W cabin.
That's right. AF's 330's do have premium economy.

But if the OP is stuck to Y, I would say the 777's are the least interesting option due to their narrow seats and isles.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I checked AF's site and that particular flight is Delta-operated.

Originally Posted by Zembla
But if the OP is stuck to Y, I would say the 777's are the least interesting option due to their narrow seats and isles.
Hopefully, I'll be able to book in W and ideally ex-JFK and not ex-ATL as my trip starts from DFW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.