AF seatmap change on summer flight CDG LAX

Old Mar 15, 16, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum
AF seatmap change on summer flight CDG LAX

Hello Everyone,

i have tried looking in the forum but couldn't find an answer (maybe i did not use the right key words). i have a flight from CDG to LAX in August in Y. i had already chosen a seat 28B which was in the first row of Y. Today, when checking the seatmap again, i noticed they have replaced some business seats with economy ones that are all considered as "plus seats". I was wondering if anyone have had this case figure before and if it is worth taking one of these those seats? i have read somewhere here that those new BEST seats are modular so i guess they provide more Y during high demand period, i.e. summer.

As you can see in the print screen below, we have now premium eco (rows 23 to 26) in between Y seats (18-22 & 28-52).
Row 27 remains a mistery as it is nowhere to be found on seatmaps on both KLM and Delta.

Thanks!
Attached Images  

Last edited by newflyer27; Mar 15, 16 at 10:41 am
Old Mar 15, 16, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
You are correct. This is called "Quick Change" and used during the summer when J class demand is lower and Y class demand higher. So, some J seats are removed and Y seats are installed instead and are all sold as Seat+ as they have a higher pitch (I think) and they are are at the front of the cabin (even ahead of W).
Old Mar 16, 16, 12:23 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
I believe this is the seat map:

Old Mar 16, 16, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gajan View Post
I believe this is the seat map:

Actually i found it. it is this one.
Old Mar 20, 16, 3:18 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Great! (& apologies for posting the wrong one)
Old Mar 20, 16, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by newflyer27 View Post
Actually i found it. it is this one.
Unless there was a change Air France is only flying La Premiere on the A380 flights between LAX and CDG. The new Best 777 are only 3 cabins instead of 4 on this route.
Old Mar 21, 16, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
Unless there was a change Air France is only flying La Premiere on the A380 flights between LAX and CDG. The new Best 777 are only 3 cabins instead of 4 on this route.
well on AF website i can see that is new BEST cabin and there are 4 cabins for august flights. when i check for March/April, you are right there are no 4 Cabins 777. Maybe they will change that in the coming months.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: