Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club 2000

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2016, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DenisM
I can say that it's my job in french manufacturing.
Legacy state owned company?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
Private company, what I can tell is that we are about 10 to have this card. One got it from knowing people at AirFrance for example. I assume that for me it's because I was going to lose my plat after 3 years, and maybe my letter of complaint about flight made things change.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 4:56 am

Programs: Many
Hi DenisM and welcome to Flyertalk

If 10 people in your company are Club 2000 then I doubt a letter of complaint was the trigger. Most certainly that that is the special relationship your company has with AF, would it be business or another nature.

In addition to Platinum benefits, you will certainly receive an annual gift (book, perfume, art print were among the ones in the past years).
Old Mar 17, 2016, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
Thank you Bodory for your answer. For now I got masks for the eyes
Yes there is a relation ship in the way that lots of employees take airline tickets with Air France. The letter of complaint might had been the element that made things change.
We will never know what Air France knows about us
Old Mar 18, 2016, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by DenisM
Thank you Bodory for your answer. For now I got masks for the eyes
Yes there is a relation ship in the way that lots of employees take airline tickets with Air France. The letter of complaint might had been the element that made things change.
We will never know what Air France knows about us
Quite unlikely your letter changed anything, more likely that in contract negotiations your company was entitled to a given number of c2000 cards depending on purchase level and someone within your own company put your name on that list.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Quite unlikely your letter changed anything, more likely that in contract negotiations your company was entitled to a given number of c2000 cards depending on purchase level and someone within your own company put your name on that list.
Indeed.

A C2000 is intended to reward those who have power in a company to direct traffic to AF, not to those who fly a lot (and that is clearly not your case as you did not even travel enough to keep Plat).
If the number is right, ten C2000 in your company is very high and means that your company is a very big one.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 12:17 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by Goldorak
And to complete Gajan's training : with PNC, you have also on-board PNT (Personnel Navigant Technique), i.e. the pilots.
Hehe, thank you for the clarification!
Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Can anyone confirm that these days C2000 isn’t « worth » more than Platinum for life in terms of benefits and attention? In fact, in the hierarchy (for instance for wait lists), do C2000 tank above Plats or at the same level?

Upon immigration in CDG, stand in line with everybody else or can they use the lane that Ultimates also get to use?

Thx

Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Can anyone confirm that these days C2000 isn’t « worth » more than Platinum for life in terms of benefits and attention? In fact, in the hierarchy (for instance for wait lists), do C2000 tank above Plats or at the same level?

Upon immigration in CDG, stand in line with everybody else or can they use the lane that Ultimates also get to use?
I believe C2000 ranks higher than LTPE for upgrades, attentions, waiting lists, etc, Otherwise said, C2000 is considered “more VIP” than Plat. But, on a daily basis, the difference is minimal.
C2000 are not eligible to the Ulti priority service for immigration in 2E.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Can anyone confirm that these days C2000 isn’t « worth » more than Platinum for life in terms of benefits and attention? In fact, in the hierarchy (for instance for wait lists), do C2000 tank above Plats or at the same level? (...) Thx

At CDG 2F, there are two queues in the Skypriority area. One to the left for Business (and I think C2000) served first, one to the right for the other SP pax.

Others will correct me if I am wrong.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by carnarvon
At CDG 2F, there are two queues in the Skypriority area. One to the left for Business (and I think C2000) served first, one to the right for the other SP pax.

Others will correct me if I am wrong.
This is correct. I forgot to mention that. C2000 are eligible also to use the zone 1 boarding for long-haul even if they fly Y (i.e. same zone as J and Ultimates)
Old Oct 14, 2018, 3:19 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Thanks. Basically what I thought, not much value-add compared to PFL. It’s the fast lane at CDG immigration that would be a game changer.

One other question, maybe someone knows: when using the AFKL American Express Platinum, they have a « Platinum for two » program, where the second Amex card holder also gets FB Platinum status if the main cardholder has it. Now, when the main cardholder loses Platinum to become C2000, will the Plat for two no longer work?

Last edited by San Gottardo; Oct 14, 2018 at 3:42 am
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:57 am

A long time question I have never got an answer for.

Back in the good old days on Dutch FB Amex it was possible to get C2000/Skipper for two.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

One other question, maybe someone knows: when using the AFKL American Express Platinum, they have a « Platinum for two » program, where the second Amex card holder also gets FB Platinum status if the main cardholder has it. Now, when the main cardholder loses Platinum to become C2000, will the Plat for two no longer work?
I would tend to say it should have no effect on the Plat status of the travel companion. But I am of course not 100% sure and that's a very good question.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I would tend to say it should have no effect on the Plat status of the travel companion. But I am of course not 100% sure and that's a very good question.
That is my thought as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.