FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   HEL-CDG operated by Finnair, AF flight number, FF question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1742195-hel-cdg-operated-finnair-af-flight-number-ff-question.html)

AlmostBritish Jan 27, 2016 12:07 pm

HEL-CDG operated by Finnair, AF flight number, FF question

Hello all,

I have been trying to find an answer through this forum, and by calling both AF and AY but the info was incredibly vague or non existing.

Basically, I booked an economy ticket from MAD to HEL through KLM (Well it was a KLM ticket, booked through one of the comparison websites), and my first 2 legs (MAD-AMS-HEL) are operated and marketed by KLM. The return journey is marketed through Air France(AF flight numbers) however the leg HEL-CDG is operated by Finnair. AF only mentions something about Flying Blue on their website, however I am an Elite Plus ST member through AZ.

Apparently, sky priority is not applicable on this flight, which is unfortunate but I am Emerald through OW, I might be able to pass through the OW prio security line.

However, I obviously wish to know if I simply have access into the lounge. I understand the lounge for AF in HEL is the Aspire Lounge, and with my card I should be able to access it. If I read the website of AF correctly, only Flying Blue elite members travelling in Business (weird combination, I always thought that Business Class pax had access to the lounge anyway) have access.

Does someone know the answer to this? Weird combination anyway, ST and OW.

Goldorak Jan 27, 2016 5:26 pm

Normally, in your situation, you shouldn't have lounge access in HEL. But no harm to try. With a bit of luck...

holtju2 Jan 27, 2016 5:34 pm

AF has hard block on AY HEL-CDG flights and they are treated as Air France ones for mileage earning and awards. I have even used Delta SkyMiles for these Finnair flights.

I was able to get into the Finnair lounge after changing few words with the agent. They try to get you to the other lounge. I was in business.

Sjondorn Jan 27, 2016 7:34 pm

I flew HEL-CDG booked by Air France and operated by Finnair many times. No problems with lounge access in HEL (use Air France / KLM lounge, not Finnair's), my status was on the boarding pass and you get your sky priority as well (although I was Finnair Silver by the time I was FB Gold, so not sure if that influences that).

AlmostBritish Jan 28, 2016 1:45 am

Thank you guys, really appreciate it.

One last question, service wise, will it be like the paid AY service, or like AF?

orbitmic Jan 28, 2016 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Sjondorn (Post 26092577)
I flew HEL-CDG booked by Air France and operated by Finnair many times. No problems with lounge access in HEL (use Air France / KLM lounge, not Finnair's), my status was on the boarding pass and you get your sky priority as well (although I was Finnair Silver by the time I was FB Gold, so not sure if that influences that).

Yes, but you are Flying Blue, OP is AZ FFP. I think that our lounge access is by virtue of a bilateral agreement between AF and AY for their respective frequent flyers only (and holtju2 by virtue of travelling in C!) and as Goldorak mentions, in theory, the OP won't have access to the lounge. I also do not think he will get miles.

In Y, it is normal AY paid service. You get free tea, coffee, water, or blueberry juice, everything else is for a pay. In C, however, AY meals are nicer than AF's.

Goldorak Jan 29, 2016 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 26096349)
Yes, but you are Flying Blue, OP is AZ FFP. I think that our lounge access is by virtue of a bilateral agreement between AF and AY for their respective frequent flyers only (and holtju2 by virtue of travelling in C!) and as Goldorak mentions, in theory, the OP won't have access to the lounge. I also do not think he will get miles.

that's exactly it. I said no lounge access because OP is AZ Elite Plus. If he would have been FB Elite Plus, it would have been different.

AlmostBritish Jan 30, 2016 2:20 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 26102952)
that's exactly it. I said no lounge access because OP is AZ Elite Plus. If he would have been FB Elite Plus, it would have been different.

It's unfortunate really, but I am sure I can talk myself into it. Did it in Amsterdam as well when I was flying Iberia back to Madrid. There is always a way.

I have to admit that the Finnair service is pretty good.

Thanks all :)

Goldorak Jan 30, 2016 10:42 am

Originally Posted by AlmostBritish (Post 26104724)
It's unfortunate really, but I am sure I can talk myself into it. Did it in Amsterdam as well when I was flying Iberia back to Madrid. There is always a way.

It not clear to me what you did in AMS going to MAD on IB and to what extent it is relevant to the question you asked in this thread, but if there is a way, just go. And please report here what finally happened.

brunos Jan 31, 2016 3:16 am

Originally Posted by AlmostBritish (Post 26104724)

Good to be optimistic.
I doubt that you could get into the AMS KL lounge based on your AZ status on a flight on Iberia Express. But you probably used your BA Gold to enter the BA lounge.
Whether that example is relevant to your forthcoming flight is doubtful. But no harm in trying.

bennos Feb 7, 2016 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 26096349)

I had no problems accessing the HEL lounge as a DL elite on an AF coded flight (ticket issued by DL, granted this was over a year ago). My oneworld boarding pass even had SKYPRIORITY printed on it :) I also got DL miles from the flight, but that might have been a fluke.

holtju2 Feb 8, 2016 6:55 am

Originally Posted by bennos (Post 26148675)
I had no problems accessing the HEL lounge as a DL elite on an AF coded flight (ticket issued by DL, granted this was over a year ago). My oneworld boarding pass even had SKYPRIORITY printed on it :) I also got DL miles from the flight, but that might have been a fluke.

It wasn't a fluke. This is not AF-AY codeshare but rather HARD BLOCK. AF sells their inventory for these AY flights as they please.

AurelAF96 Feb 18, 2016 5:20 am

With this flight can you earn segments with AF?

Goldorak Feb 18, 2016 6:13 am

Originally Posted by AurelAF96 (Post 26204108)
With this flight can you earn segments with AF?

Yes, if booked under AF code.