Wiki Posts
Search

Seating with Non-Elite Pax flying with Elite+ Pax on AF

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2015, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum

I'm making a booking on the AF site for me (E+) and 2 non-elites on the same PNR. When selecting the seats it offers up front seats for free but for a charge for my companions. Before, I was somehow able to get them for free. Has this changed?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Hmm, that is really odd. Indeed it used to be the way you describe it but it seems to me that this has changed. As recently as a week ago my wife (Plat) flew with out kids and all of them had free access to the front rows of the cabin. Previously that was not possible.

Having said that, it might be the case that the non-Elites still have to pay for exit seats. But front part of the cabin, which used to be inaccessible to non-Elites, now was on both the outbound and return flight (and I had yet another "they start getting it right" moment with AF)
Old Dec 22, 2015, 2:18 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
OP, I have seen the same. My wife was a non-elite a few months ago and she was unable to select a seat next to me (same PNR) unless she paid the corresponding amount for a preferred seat. A message to AF through twitter solved the issue.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Thanks for letting me know about contacting via Twitter. I had already paid the $150 for my two companions to have seats beside me on all 4 flights. My first contact on twitter informed me that seats do now cost for flights after Jan 26 2016 and they referred me to this site:

http://www.airfrance.us/US/en/common...e-standard.htm

But they then told me that Elite+ members are entitled to them for free.

So, I contacted them once more and politely reminded them that I am Plat for Life and they quickly wrote back and said it is a website glitch and the $150 would be refunded to my CC.

Apparently the problem is that the names are alphabetical on the PNR. I appeared last in the list even though I entered my info first when making the reservation.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub

Did you try calling the Platinum service line? I suspect they could have helped.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 9:28 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by michelw
Apparently the problem is that the names are alphabetical on the PNR. I appeared last in the list even though I entered my info first when making the reservation.
Exact same problem for me. My wife appeared first in the reservation so the system was not acknowledging that she was traveling with me due to the way the name in the PNR was sorted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.