Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warning: Bad lines at CDG 2E (November 28, 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2016, 11:26 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Fast improvement, and a way to fight french cronic idiopatic unemployment, have a guy (gal) checking if you are allowed to use PARAFE as in my experience lot of people try with what I will call an exotic passport... and don't want to renounce once in the booth!
Old Jan 17, 2016, 3:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Last night a friend was connecting from 2F (Schengen arrival with passport control) to 2E... Took her over an hour to clear passport+immigration in the SkyPriority line. Barely made the 19:10 departure to JFK.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 7:18 am

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
Any idea what's causing all that? I know they're checking passports more carefully now but over 60 mins for SP lines to cross controls is just ridiculous....

It's been 2 months now and it looks like it won't improve. Does it mean we now have to arrive at least one hour earlier in the airport compared to 6 months ago?
Old Jan 28, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by saraoutou
Fast improvement, and a way to fight french cronic idiopatic unemployment, have a guy (gal) checking if you are allowed to use PARAFE as in my experience lot of people try with what I will call an exotic passport... and don't want to renounce once in the booth!
+1. I want to scream to ADP "STOP NAMING STUFF"
PARAFES for Automated Passport Control
Accès numero 1 for Priority Security Screening

Just stop that and focus on what it is, and who it is for!
Old Jan 30, 2016, 5:00 am

Programs: Marco Polo Diamond, Flying Blue Platinum for Life, GHA Black, IHG Platinum
Took one hour to go through passport control and security, 11.45 to 12.45 (Saturday 30/01), even in Acces No. 1.

Total chaos, the general queue was all over the place, as for Access No. 1, entrance closed, we were told to go through Le Relais and join a new priority queue, which was blocked by the general queue. Zero queue management, personnel totally "depasse" and seemingly unable to give basic instructions and information (I even had to help a non French speaking passenger, who was in a complete panic)......a disgrace. To add insult to injury, half the passport counters were unmanned. Luckily everyone stayed cool and I had a nice chat with my fellow sufferers.

Finally got to the 2E L lounge, which was like a shanty town, I ended up cleaning my table.

Time for some champagne...

Update.....after nearly 30 minutes, the tables have still not been cleared. The cleaning personnel in the lounge seem to be in a parallel universe....

Last edited by DernierVirage; Jan 30, 2016 at 5:25 am Reason: Update
Old Jan 30, 2016, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by DernierVirage
Finally got to the 2E L lounge, which was like a shanty town, I ended up cleaning my table.

Time for some champagne...

Update.....after nearly 30 minutes, the tables have still not been cleared. The cleaning personnel in the lounge seem to be in a parallel universe....
What a shame this is really a recurrent problem with them. I already complained several times to AF about this. I noticed a clear improvement during the last months, but obviously this was a bad day. Please take the time to complain to AF on this. The more they will hear it, the more they will take it seriously.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 12:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Took one hour to go through passport control and security, 11.45 to 12.45 (Saturday 30/01), even in Acces No. 1.

Total chaos, the general queue was all over the place, as for Access No. 1, entrance closed, we were told to go through Le Relais and join a new priority queue, which was blocked by the general queue. Zero queue management, personnel totally "depasse" and seemingly unable to give basic instructions and information (I even had to help a non French speaking passenger, who was in a complete panic)......a disgrace. To add insult to injury, half the passport counters were unmanned. Luckily everyone stayed cool and I had a nice chat with my fellow sufferers.
Same situation last week. Line all the way to Relais and a big confusion. Those who joined the regular line at the same time I joined the SP line were through much faster than I did. I thought about joining the regular line but then remembered that my carry-on luggage could have been overweight.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: FB Plat; Sixt Diamond; Nordic Choice Club Gold
Hello,
will fly from 2E on Friday (EZE 23:20). Coming from a commuter Terminal 2G at 19:00. Do I have to suffer as well???
Best Regards,
Thrustreverse
Old Feb 1, 2016, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ThrustReverse
Hello,
will fly from 2E on Friday (EZE 23:20). Coming from a commuter Terminal 2G at 19:00. Do I have to suffer as well???
Best Regards,
Thrustreverse
No. First, 2E is quieter at that time and you won't even go through the check-point we are talking about here as you are connecting from 2G. You will pass immigration in 2G before taking a bus to 2E (K or L gates, as M gates are closed at that time)
Old Feb 2, 2016, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
No. First, 2E is quieter at that time and you won't even go through the check-point we are talking about here as you are connecting from 2G. You will pass immigration in 2G before taking a bus to 2E (K or L gates, as M gates are closed at that time)
Thanks Goldorak!
Old Feb 2, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Has ADP extended the bus times? Usually in the evening the 2G-2E connector bus doesn't run. (I admit it has been a while since i've been to 2G.)
Old Feb 2, 2016, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by joyu12
Has ADP extended the bus times? Usually in the evening the 2G-2E connector bus doesn't run. (I admit it has been a while since i've been to 2G.)
Took the bus last time on the 2nd of Nov 2015!
Old Feb 3, 2016, 2:06 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by joyu12
The yellow bus runs until 9.45 in the evening.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:42 am

Programs: Marco Polo Diamond, Flying Blue Platinum for Life, GHA Black, IHG Platinum
Another horrible 2E experience, this time arriving.

Landed at 8 p.m last night, Monday 8 February, from EDI, we parked at the terminal, so no bus needed to get to the terminal, plus we were on time - a good start, while it lasted.

But not so fast - first an 8 minute wait for the stairs to arrive (I timed it), not a big deal, but still.... Anyway, off the plane, down to the apron, back up the other stairs into the terminal, to be greeted by locked doors. After 11 minutes, with all the passengers backed up behind me, someone finally arrived to open up.....no apologies, just an expression of amazement that there were passengers waiting, as if this were some amazing occurrence.

Next up, passport control. I arrived in what seemed to be an empty hall and went straight into the Acces No. 1 line. 11 passengers in front of me, one counter open. Problem was, as soon as the other EDI passengers arrived, nearly all the non-priority counters suddenly opened up, leaving us waiting for the single counter to deal with us. The fact that the officer was busy chatting with a colleague didn't speed things up either. Bilan de l'opération, once again I got through passport control more slowly than non Access No. 1 passengers.

I have gone through 3rd world airports more quickly in similar, quiet conditions to last night's. What really annoyed me last night was the total lack of energy from the personnel, they all seemed half asleep and completely switched off.

Just to complete a magical experience, mobile phone tickets for the Air France bus to the Gare de Lyon failed to scan (for me and also for the two guys behind me standing in the rain!) yet again, so the driver resorted to noting our names and bar codes by hand on a wet piece of paper.

Grrrrr......!!

Last edited by DernierVirage; Feb 9, 2016 at 9:47 am Reason: Improve explanations
Old Feb 11, 2016, 7:54 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
But not so fast - first an 8 minute wait for the stairs to arrive (I timed it), not a big deal, but still.... Anyway, off the plane, down to the apron, back up the other stairs into the terminal, to be greeted by locked doors. After 11 minutes, with all the passengers backed up behind me, someone finally arrived to open up.....no apologies, just an expression of amazement that there were passengers waiting, as if this were some amazing occurrence.

Air France ground personnel often seem shocked to see one of their aircraft actually arrive at Roissy, not to mention one on time !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.