Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF Boeing 777-200/ 200ER Business class seating

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2015, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

AF Boeing 777-200/ 200ER Business class seating

Hi! I just booked RT IAD CDG and have seat assignments for my husband and I across the aisle from one another - it's a 1-2-1 configuration. My question is for those who have flown this configuration. Which two seats have passengers "closer" to one another - so one can carry on a conversation ect.? The two in the middle or across the aisle from one another? I found a YouTube video and there doesn't seem to be much of a partition between the two seats in the middle. Any thoughts? Thank you!
Old Oct 25, 2015, 2:35 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by Sunny 1
Hi! I just booked RT IAD CDG and have seat assignments for my husband and I across the aisle from one another - it's a 1-2-1 configuration. My question is for those who have flown this configuration. Which two seats have passengers "closer" to one another - so one can carry on a conversation ect.? The two in the middle or across the aisle from one another? I found a YouTube video and there doesn't seem to be much of a partition between the two seats in the middle. Any thoughts? Thank you!
If travelling together choose the middle seats. There is a removable privacy divider between the middle seats, that they will remove if you are travelling with someone. You'll still have to lean a little forward to talk to each other because of the cabinet, but you'll be angled towards each other.

Across the aisle, you'll be angled away from each other.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
If travelling together choose the middle seats. There is a removable privacy divider between the middle seats, that they will remove if you are travelling with someone. You'll still have to lean a little forward to talk to each other because of the cabinet, but you'll be angled towards each other.

Across the aisle, you'll be angled away from each other.
Fully agree.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Thank you SO much for your quick and informative responses. I knew I'd find an answer to my question here.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by Sunny 1
Thank you SO much for your quick and informative responses. I knew I'd find an answer to my question here.
So things are now clear: Sunny1 will choose the seats across the aisle to have a few hours of peace!
Old Oct 27, 2015, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
So things are now clear: Sunny1 will choose the seats across the aisle to have a few hours of peace!
Thanks to SEA-flier and Goldorak we have 2 seats in the middle. A nice perk of booking really early, lots of seats to choose from. Again, thank you so much FTers!
Old Feb 20, 2018, 1:36 pm

Moving..

Last edited by sfcaFLYER; Feb 20, 2018 at 2:11 pm Reason: moving to main forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.