FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   CDG 2E Lounge Shower Question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1718935-cdg-2e-lounge-shower-question.html)

grobma Oct 23, 2015 8:41 am

CDG 2E Lounge Shower Question

Quick question - does AF provide toiletries when using the showers in the 2E lounges, or do I need to bring my own? Specifically, razor/cream and deodorant.

Searched the forum, but information here is several years old, and sounds like over the years this has changed, so asking for more current data.

TIA
Matt

Nico40 Oct 23, 2015 8:55 am

Originally Posted by grobma (Post 25605412)
Quick question - does AF provide toiletries when using the showers in the 2E lounges, or do I need to bring my own? Specifically, razor/cream and deodorant.

There is a kit provided (with a small perfume if I'm not mistaken but no deodorant).

Goldorak Oct 23, 2015 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Nico40 (Post 25605493)
There is a kit provided (with a small perfume if I'm not mistaken but no deodorant).

Indeed. Razor, shaving cream, toothbrush and toothpaste are provided but no deodorant.

grobma Oct 23, 2015 12:21 pm

Thanks to both of you for the quick response!

San Gottardo Oct 27, 2015 8:39 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13B143 Safari/601.1)

Deodorant? In France??

(Running out of the room ;) )

olivedel Oct 27, 2015 9:45 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo (Post 25622367)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13B143 Safari/601.1)

Deodorant? In France??

(Running out of the room ;) )

All French FTers I know smell fresh! ;)

shuigao Oct 27, 2015 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by grobma (Post 25605412)
TIA

Just a side note, if your transit is in the early mornings, there could be a long queue for the showers. Earlier in the year the queue was 2 hours for me, and I ended up not being able to take one before catching my onward flight.

arkangel Nov 3, 2015 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 25606518)
Indeed. Razor, shaving cream, toothbrush and toothpaste are provided but no deodorant.

And no washcloth, if that's your thing when showering. It is for me. Yes, you can use part of the hand towel, but not as convenient.

grobma Nov 4, 2015 1:28 pm

Just a side note, if your transit is in the early mornings, there could be a long queue for the showers. Earlier in the year the queue was 2 hours for me, and I ended up not being able to take one before catching my onward flight.
I'll be there on Christmas Day so not so worried about lines, but do hope someone will be staffing the spa . . .

And no washcloth, if that's your thing when showering. It is for me. Yes, you can use part of the hand towel, but not as convenient.
Good to know!

Thanks again to all for the info.

GateGuardian Nov 16, 2015 6:48 pm

I'm flying into 2E. Should I risk going to landside and use the arrival lounge at 2C or just use the shower in 2E?

arkangel Nov 16, 2015 7:44 pm

I guess that would depend on several factors:

1) are you connecting beyond Paris?

2) if so, how much time between flights? And what is your departure terminal?

3) if not, are you arriving before 2pm(arrival lounge closing)?

4) and, finally, are you in J? If not, a shower will cost at least 25 Euros.

wuzziduzziman Nov 17, 2015 4:43 am

Originally Posted by shuigao (Post 25625506)

So, that seems to be a permanent issue. Recently, I visited the 2E-L and -M lounges multiple times during morning hours and 1.5-2h in the lounge was never enough time to take a shower, due to the long queue.
Once even on a Sunday morning.

GateGuardian Nov 21, 2015 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by arkangel (Post 25724792)
I guess that would depend on several factors:

1) are you connecting beyond Paris?

2) if so, how much time between flights? And what is your departure terminal?

3) if not, are you arriving before 2pm(arrival lounge closing)?

4) and, finally, are you in J? If not, a shower will cost at least 25 Euros.

1) I'm connecting to HKG, but have a 15hr layover, so plan on visiting Paris.

2) I arrive at 8am in 2E and depart at 11:30pm

3) Yes

4) I'm flying PE into CDG and departing in J.

MSPeconomist Nov 28, 2015 3:37 pm

Last week I used the shower in one of the 2F lounges. There was no wait at all (late morning) and they did give me the toiletry kit. The shower was adequate, with only a tiny bench for dressing. The shower room also had a sink but no toilet.