Weighing carry-on baggage at CDG

Old Apr 14, 17, 11:52 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
trust those insolent idiots to give you a bad impression! and I'm absolutely certain this is af driven and not adp. As you rightly point out some other airlines have no weight restriction tospeak of.
My negative impression was wiped by the charming and delightful FA aboard the flight who was in seat next to me as we were in the Emergency Row. We nattered all the way to the runway and belts off.

I do understand about the weight but am used to BA's 23 kg BUT the passenger much be able to lift it. I watch little frail old ladies dragging bags with them - trying to save money I expect - and they expect the bag to be lifted for them as gentlemen will do so. HI did that and nearly did his back in. God alone knows what she had in there. Still 12 kg is terrible LCC IMHO. As I say - until the airlines guarantee that your bag is delivered in 5 minutes of arriving in the baggage hall, and that it will be undamaged and untampered - then I prefer not to check it.

That said our bags were up almost as soon as we got to the baggage belt at NTE - MOST impressed (last flight so maybe they all wanted to go home!)
Old Apr 17, 17, 11:40 pm

Just Say No...

So what happens if when waiting on the passport line one politely declines the invitation of the baggage weigher to present one's bags to be weighed? The bag weigher would not know your name to make a notation in your PNR. Would they call the police to have you arrested? Would they tell the passport control guy to not let you leave? Or would they just do nothing?
Old Apr 18, 17, 2:14 am
formerly B7e7US
Marriott Contributor Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AA PLT, DL PLT,SPG, Priority Pass, Accor LeClub Gold, Thalys Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Other shiny cards
Originally Posted by BigFlyer View Post
So what happens if when waiting on the passport line one politely declines the invitation of the baggage weigher to present one's bags to be weighed? The bag weigher would not know your name to make a notation in your PNR. Would they call the police to have you arrested? Would they tell the passport control guy to not let you leave? Or would they just do nothing?
I politely declined back in december and as I noted before, they will not let you through and will send you to the counter.
Old Feb 19, 19, 1:38 pm

Programs: UX Gold - SkyTeam Elite Plus
Feb 2019 - CDG 2F - Sunday PM - No carry-on weighing

Hello,

I was in the 2nd 2F SP security line on a Sunday PM, from this line on the left side of the general lane, I could not see these usual agents trying to weigh regular paxís carry-ons.
Seems that they are deployed ramdomely, or maybe the new AF CEO get them removed.

Old Feb 19, 19, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by catsniper75 View Post
Hello,

I was in the 2nd 2F SP security line on a Sunday PM, from this line on the left side of the general lane, I could not see these usual agents trying to weigh regular pax’s carry-ons.
Seems that they are deployed ramdomely, or maybe the new AF CEO get them removed.
I have almost never seen them in 2F and certainly never in the SP lanes (especially the dedicated one on the left).
Those guys are in 2E all the time, in the regular lane going to passport control. I have again seen them last week.
Old Feb 24, 19, 4:10 pm
formerly B7e7US
Marriott Contributor Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AA PLT, DL PLT,SPG, Priority Pass, Accor LeClub Gold, Thalys Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Other shiny cards
Checks were in force a few weeks ago in 2F after passport control when coming from 2E. Never seen them before.
Old Feb 24, 19, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by SDQBound View Post
Checks were in force a few weeks ago in 2F after passport control when coming from 2E. Never seen them before.
This is a very weird place to make such a check as you are in the transit/connection route. What do you do if they have a problem with your carry-ons, as you donít have access to the check-in desks ?
Old Feb 25, 19, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post

This is a very weird place to make such a check as you are in the transit/connection route. What do you do if they have a problem with your carry-ons, as you donít have access to the check-in desks ?
Then the bag is checked in at the plane door and it goes into the hold. Many airlines have format gauge at the gate to check bag dimensions. BA is a strict enforcer. On full flights they even ask/force pax to do check legit hand luggage.
Old Feb 26, 19, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brunos View Post
Then the bag is checked in at the plane door and it goes into the hold. Many airlines have format gauge at the gate to check bag dimensions. BA is a strict enforcer. On full flights they even ask/force pax to do check legit hand luggage.
At the gate, yes I can understand that, but what SDQBound is reporting is not at the gate. It's in the connection corridor between 2E and 2F so that's why I said it was a weird place to make this check because if you are not compliant, I don't know what you do.
Old Feb 26, 19, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
At the gate, yes I can understand that, but what SDQBound is reporting is not at the gate. It's in the connection corridor between 2E and 2F so that's why I said it was a weird place to make this check because if you are not compliant, I don't know what you do.
I understand now. This is indeed illogical as Mr Spock would say.