Wiki Posts
Search

CDG - MRU: AF or MK?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue Plat
CDG - MRU: AF or MK?

In spring next year, I'm planning to fly CDG-MRU (in Economy), and I can pick between an MK-operated flight, and an AF-operated one.

AF is operated by the COI 77W, whereas the MK flight is operated by A340.

The cost of the MK-operated flight is quite lower, and the timing is much better. Is the service on AF (on this route) so much better to be worth it?

Thanks for the advice!
Old Oct 7, 2015, 4:42 pm

Location: KUL (MY), ICN (KR), ZRH (CH) or OTP (RO) - or somewhere in between
Programs: OZ, JL
Originally Posted by ok986
In spring next year, I'm planning to fly CDG-MRU (in Economy), and I can pick between an MK-operated flight, and an AF-operated one.

AF is operated by the COI 77W, whereas the MK flight is operated by A340.

The cost of the MK-operated flight is quite lower, and the timing is much better. Is the service on AF (on this route) so much better to be worth it?

Thanks for the advice!
I recently flew this segment in economy: MK metal from CDG to MRU and AF metal on the way back (AF-issued ticket). The segment with MK was quite good (for economy): the food was MUCH better than what I had with AF and the seat really comfortable. The segment with AF seemed like it would never end: the food was just so-and-so but bearable, but the real issue I had was with my seat: it was very uncomfortable. Maybe others would advice differently but I would choose MK over AF in a heart bit.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Agreed with mihaid.
AF has sardine seating on its COI 777 with 3x4x3, while MK is a more comfortable 2x4x2 on A340. Service has good reputation.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I have flown both airlines in both Y and J on thaht route, and that is another vote for MK, particularly in Y (a bit more dubious in J). That said, apart from the service, note that one airline has day flight and the other night flights so that is a possible important criterion too (I tend to prefer the day flight in Y).
Old Oct 8, 2015, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Thanks, guys! MK it is!
Old Dec 14, 2015, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

A follow-up question to the MK CDG-MRU flight: when I try to select seats (on AF site, since ticket is AF-issued and has AF code), I can see some seats (taken) in forward rows, but many of those seats are missing (eg, map shows only seats GH in rows 9-12, and all of them are taken). Is there any point in calling AF to ask about seats in those "missing" seats, or should I only pick from those available for selection (mostly rows in the middle of the plane and towards the back) ?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ok986
A follow-up question to the MK CDG-MRU flight: when I try to select seats (on AF site, since ticket is AF-issued and has AF code), I can see some seats (taken) in forward rows, but many of those seats are missing (eg, map shows only seats GH in rows 9-12, and all of them are taken). Is there any point in calling AF to ask about seats in those "missing" seats, or should I only pick from those available for selection (mostly rows in the middle of the plane and towards the back) ?
No need for calling and you need to pick from those you see as available. Indeed, the strange seat map you see is due to the block seat arrangement between AF and MK as part of their code-share agreement.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 3:20 pm

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
I'm thinking of flying CDG-MRU but am concerned with the level miles. From my understanding, if I fly the MK operated flight (marketed AF), I would not be eligible for Flying Blue level miles? Is that correct? Or will I be able to get FB level miles as long as it's an AF issued ticket (regardless if flight is operated by Air Mauritius or Air France.)
Old Apr 3, 2016, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by trigleek
I'm thinking of flying CDG-MRU but am concerned with the level miles. From my understanding, if I fly the MK operated flight (marketed AF), I would not be eligible for Flying Blue level miles? Is that correct? Or will I be able to get FB level miles as long as it's an AF issued ticket (regardless if flight is operated by Air Mauritius or Air France.)
You will earn level miles, as you are booked under AF code.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 4:55 pm

If you're in luck MK might be operating one of their new A350's on that route. :-)
Old Apr 8, 2016, 6:35 am

Sadly not in luck. I checked and the new planes are estimated to be delivered by 2019.

So I booked my MK flight in economy. Would any of you who have flown it recommend a preferred window seat? I picked 9K for the extra legroom.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 9:11 am

MK are leasing their first 2 A350's from AerCap, they are due to be delivered next year.

So, you never know.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 9:36 pm

I'm a flying blue plat and will be flying Air Mauritius (though my ticket was issued by Air France).... does this mean I get lounge access to the Air France lounge in CDG? I'm flying in economy.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by trigleek
I'm a flying blue plat and will be flying Air Mauritius (though my ticket was issued by Air France).... does this mean I get lounge access to the Air France lounge in CDG? I'm flying in economy.
I think you mean that you are booked on AF flight numbers on MK-operated flights (code-share) ? But it's better that you confirm that, because words are important for that kind of assessment. Indeed, what is important is not who issued the ticket, but under which flight numbers you are booked on (AF or MK). AF on their 057 plate can issue tickets for both AF-coded or MK-coded flights.

So, if you are booked under AF flight numbers, yes, you can have lounge access in CDG (and in MRU too).

Last edited by Goldorak; Apr 10, 2016 at 7:03 am
Old Apr 10, 2016, 6:52 am

Thank you Goldorak. It's an AF-coded flight on 057 ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.