Most cost effective way to experience F

Old Jul 4, 2015, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by delanotre
Sorry, I don't agree.
Originally Posted by Goldorak
+1 on the disagreement.
Correct me if I am wrong but it appears to have very little privacy and also has a very small TV screen.

I have never flown it so happy to be corrected.

Cheers.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501
Search BEY prices? Shortest flight from CDG with F. 77W as well.
Yeah I didn't realise that !

Only 4h 30m flight time but AF still demanding >4k for the return to BEY. One way is even more than the return. Very similar prices to DXB.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I'll be flying in business in a few weeks on an A388 (award ticket). Does AF ever have reasonable C-to-F upgrade offers available at check-in or at the gate? Thanks.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by dhuey
I'll be flying in business in a few weeks on an A388 (award ticket). Does AF ever have reasonable C-to-F upgrade offers available at check-in or at the gate? Thanks.
Do they have paid upgrade offers from J to P ? Yes, sometimes
Do they have reasonable paid upgrade offers from J to P ? We don't all have the same definition of reasonable, but as per my criteria : No expect something around €2000-2500.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Do they have reasonable paid upgrade offers from J to P ? We don't all have the same definition of reasonable, but as per my criteria : No expect something around €2000-2500.
What routes does that range apply to though ?

A short sector like CDG-DXB or something substantial like CDG-SIN ?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Nizar
What routes does that range apply to though ?

A short sector like CDG-DXB or something substantial like CDG-SIN ?
I had that offer twice for CDG-PVG and return.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:15 pm

We have the same idea on that. I was thinking maybe up to €500.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

I was thinking maybe up to €500.
No way.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 4:17 am

Programs: Many
We have the same idea on that. I was thinking maybe up to €500.
Bear in mind that AF asks 300 EUR to its J pax to live the ground P experience in CDG. 500 EUR for the whole ground + air experience is never likely to happen.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
Can you upgrade from J to P using Flying Blue miles? If so, how much normally does it cost?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:49 am

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
If it's just the seat type experience, I recall reading a report out there for the SIN-CGK route. I know it's only a 90 minute flight but the price is probably not that expensive compared to 4500 euros!
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:16 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by trigleek
Can you upgrade from J to P using Flying Blue miles? If so, how much normally does it cost?
Yes providing you are FB Elite, there is award space available in the P cabin and you have an upgradeable ticket.

The chart is here : https://www.flyingblue.com/pdf/upgra..._operating.pdf
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by bodory
Bear in mind that AF asks 300 EUR to its J pax to live the ground P experience in CDG. 500 EUR for the whole ground + air experience is never likely to happen.
Yikes. I have no idea what the ground P experience is at CDG, but I'm sure it's not worth €300 more to me than an average business class lounge.

The only reason I would want to get into F is for the lie-flat seat. AF is lagging its competitors with so many old school J seats in its fleet -- even on the relatively new A388.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 5:17 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Yikes. I have no idea what the ground P experience is at CDG, but I'm sure it's not worth €300 more to me than an average business class lounge.

The only reason I would want to get into F is for the lie-flat seat. AF is lagging its competitors with so many old school J seats in its fleet -- even on the relatively new A388.
You can't compare AF's J lounge with their P lounge. The P ground experience is excellent, and the lounge plays a big role in that. Wether €300 is worth it or not is a matter of perception and personal preferences. In your case it's obviously not worth it. For me also not. I rather enjoy P as a full experience than on the ground only. There used to be P upgrade offers for €1000 which I took, and enjoyed very much. But lately they are €2000 and over, which I find too much.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trigleek
If it's just the seat type experience, I recall reading a report out there for the SIN-CGK route. I know it's only a 90 minute flight but the price is probably not that expensive compared to 4500 euros!
CGK-SIN can be had for about €700 one way in F.

Decent relative value but still it is the ex-CDG experience which I am after.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.