Wiki Posts
Search

IAD-CDG: Flat bed?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2015, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, AMEX MR
IAD-CDG: Flat bed?

Is there a proper flat bed on IAD-CDG this summer (JULY/AUG)?

How is the product compared to Virgin's Upper Class? Which would you chose across the Atlantic?
Old Jun 21, 2015, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
The new BEST J seat will be on AF026/027 (the B777-operated flight) from July 6. On the A380-operated flight, it is a NEV3 or NEV4 version (slightly angled seat).
To be sure, if you book on 026/027, the config should be 1-2-1.
I can't answer your 2nd question, as I have never flown with VS.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
AF has very few planes with BEST seats. Even if you book on a plane that is expected to be BEST (1-2-1) that is not guaranteed if they need ac substitution.
Opinions differ, but NEV3 is really bad for me as the bottom cushion is at a steep angle with the rest of the seat, damaging my back. NEV4 is flatter with a 10+ angle.

VS is fully flat and a very different seat from BEST (herringbone vs reverse herringbone). If you want to sleep and are alone, VS solo seats are much better than the old AF NEV seats in 2x3x2 config.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.