Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Saint Martin

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2015, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Flight Saint Martin

Hello,

What kind of service can I expect on the flight from Paris to Saint Martin? What kind of meals/snacks can I expect?

Thanks!
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
which class ?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:07 pm

travel agency

traval agency full condition location
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by alastairrock
traval agency full condition location
huuu ??
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
which class ?
Economy
Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

You'll have lunch and a snack about 90 min before landing.
Food is generally good on AF, even in Y. The only downside here is that SXM is part of the so-called C.O.I. routes (Caribbean-Indian ocean), and so there are differences between those routes and the "mainline" ones. On COI routes :
- no champagne
- no choice of main course (only one choice)

If you want, you can buy an à la carte menu for a small fee. Information available on AF web site and in your booking.
Old May 1, 2015, 5:34 am
Original Poster

You'll have lunch and a snack about 90 min before landing.
Food is generally good on AF, even in Y. The only downside here is that SXM is part of the so-called C.O.I. routes (Caribbean-Indian ocean), and so there are differences between those routes and the "mainline" ones. On COI routes :
- no champagne
- no choice of main course (only one choice)

If you want, you can buy an à la carte menu for a small fee. Information available on AF web site and in your booking.
Thanks! What is the reason for this different service for those destinations?
Old May 1, 2015, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Sebas21
Thanks! What is the reason for this different service for those destinations?
Low yield, packed with cheap vacationers tickets + a lot of ethnic/VFR traffic for French overseas territories (CAY, FDF, PTP, SXM, RUN).
Old May 1, 2015, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
huuu ??
+1. Was that a trolling message??
Old May 1, 2015, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Low yield, packed with cheap vacationers tickets + a lot of ethnic/VFR traffic for French overseas territories (CAY, FDF, PTP, SXM, RUN).
All that, but my personal cynical analysis is that it is mostly different competition. On COI routes, AF has either no competition (SXM) or competition with low cost/ex-charters operators. As a result, they feel that they do not really need to try. At least SXM gets normal seats while other COI got the 10-across before it was generalised to the rest of the fleet.

AF just could not get away with such a rubbished down product on SIN, HKG, or JNB or else everyone would be picking SQ, CX, or SA rather than AF.

Incidentally, I think another difference is that at least on the Eastbound flight, you do not have a full bar service with the meal but instead a small bottle of red wine already put on the tray - a bit as used to be the case in the 1980s!
Old May 5, 2015, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
All that, but my personal cynical analysis is that it is mostly different competition. On COI routes, AF has either no competition (SXM) or competition with low cost/ex-charters operators. As a result, they feel that they do not really need to try. At least SXM gets normal seats while other COI got the 10-across before it was generalised to the rest of the fleet.

AF just could not get away with such a rubbished down product on SIN, HKG, or JNB or else everyone would be picking SQ, CX, or SA rather than AF.

Incidentally, I think another difference is that at least on the Eastbound flight, you do not have a full bar service with the meal but instead a small bottle of red wine already put on the tray - a bit as used to be the case in the 1980s!
This is really bad. Are there drinks/snacks available between the meals? Thanks!
Old May 5, 2015, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Roderik85
Are there drinks/snacks available between the meals?
Yes, of course. And welcome to FT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.