Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question from new AF flier

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
Question from new AF flier

I'm thinking of booking an award CDG to JNB later this year in business. Has anyone flown this route recently? I did some googling but wanted to see what I could expect in terms of the seat, etc. It is a very late flight - almost midnight.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
JNB is operated by an A380, so nice
The late timing (also for the return) facilitates sleep.
Seat : NEV3 or 4 (you can search on this forum for more info on this). Unfortunately the A380 fleet won't receive the brand new J seat for a while.
- food : greatly improved those last months. Again, you can find some more info in other threads in this forum
Old Mar 25, 2015, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
JNB is operated by an A380, so nice
The late timing (also for the return) facilitates sleep.
Seat : NEV3 or 4 (you can search on this forum for more info on this). Unfortunately the A380 fleet won't receive the brand new J seat for a while.
- food : greatly improved those last months. Again, you can find some more info in other threads in this forum
Thanks very much. I will do a search. We're flying VS on the return - grabbed a low point award.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Update: Booked the award from CDG to JNB. Any seat recommendations? It's an A380, business class. We prefer the middle seats if no aisle access for both on the side seats. 2 Pax. Thanks!
Old Mar 31, 2015, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by floridagal23
Update: Booked the award from CDG to JNB. Any seat recommendations? It's an A380, business class. We prefer the middle seats if no aisle access for both on the side seats. 2 Pax. Thanks!
Any middle pair in the front (smaller) cabin should be good, or front middle pair in the second cabin which has the most legroom of the two J cabins.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
63KL at the very end of the forward mini cabin are my favorites; all the window seats have extra storage compartment below the windows, but then one person does not have direct aisle access.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Thank you.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Any middle pair in the front (smaller) cabin should be good, or front middle pair in the second cabin which has the most legroom of the two J cabins.
Will we be bothered by the galley in row 62? It is the second to last row in the very first mini cabin of business.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:04 pm

Will we be bothered by the galley in row 62? It is the second to last row in the very first mini cabin of business.
No you will be perfectly fine, very good choice.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Many thanks. I'll post a review of my trip if anyone is interested - it won't be until Sept.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I'll post a review of my trip if anyone is interested.
For sure, please do

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.