No seats in my class of service... Or any class of service

Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold
No seats in my class of service... Or any class of service

So I'm currently scheduled to fly on AF333 on Wednesday, as I was rebooked onto this flight when my original flight was cancelled due to the blizzard in the northeast today. However, I'm a little worried about the message the seat map is showing me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ozj8ik1rs...58.11.png?dl=0

My friend also did a search on expertflyer for me, and it seems to him that there is 0 availability left on this flight. At this point, I'm just wondering what my chances of being bumped from the flight are, and what sort of compensation AF offers in such a case?

Originally I was booked into the A fare class in premium economy, now the website is showing me as being in the W fare class, if that makes any difference.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
You can be sure the flight is overbooked, so it's not really surprising/unusual that seat selection may have been disabled. Even on "normal" flights, this sometimes does not work, anyway!

Check in online as soon as OLCI opens. And get to the airport in good time.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 2:48 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, All Accor Platinum
Sorry to abuse your thread, but can anyone check what is going on on March 28 on VIE-CDG. There are no seats available on this route, but that can't be true....
Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by A300flyer
Sorry to abuse your thread, but can anyone check what is going on on March 28 on VIE-CDG. There are no seats available on this route, but that can't be true....
I just did a dummy booking on AF site and there are flights available on 28/03 for VIE-CDG.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by A300flyer
Remember that most carriers block off some seats for assignment at the airport, including usually some seats for handicapped passengers and some seats to make it easier for families to be seated together.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
There are seats available on AF code, but not many. Many more seats available on OS code (even if AF metal). Must be some event in Vienna. or a glitch with the change from winter to summer schedule.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Remember that most carriers block off some seats for assignment at the airport, including usually some seats for handicapped passengers and some seats to make it easier for families to be seated together.
This is not the problem here as, in any case, you cannot pre-select seats on those flights (except in C). A300flyer has apparently a booking problem because he cannot find any available flights about 2 months in advance which U.S. of course weird.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.