Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF A380 Business class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:34 am
Original Poster

AF A380 Business class

Can anyone recommend the best business class seats on this plane- I am flying from Paris to IAD. Also how is there business class compared to LH (I have the option on coming back on the LH 747I via Frankfurt).
Thanks
Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: Delta Plat, CO Gold, AF
60K and L seem to be the favorites here. My wife and I prefer 61E and F for the direct aisle access. Regardless, the forwar cabin on the upper deck has a more personal feel to it. The A380 is a great aircraft. Have never flown LH so cannot offer any advise there.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
I also prefer the forward cabin - 63K &L. The window seats have a storage room below the windows which comes quite handy
Old Jan 22, 2015, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Definitely rows 60 or 65.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 6:33 am
Original Poster

I have conflicting info on whether this flight will have the new lie-flat business class seats. The web site seems to indicate that it does. Can anyone confirm?
Old Jan 22, 2015, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by dcpremex
I have conflicting info on whether this flight will have the new lie-flat business class seats. The web site seems to indicate that it does. Can anyone confirm?
If it is an A380, it will have the old angled seat.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
I have just been told by an AF rep that they are in the process of upgrading them - just wondering if they will be done by August.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I have just been told by an AF rep that they are in the process of upgrading them - just wondering if they will be done by August.
I cannot locate the thread with the information from the TA portal. But I remember that they won't start retrofitting the A380 for a couple of years.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
This is wrong.

I cannot locate the thread with the information from the TA portal. But I remember that they won't start retrofitting the A380 for a couple of years.
The A380 will be indeed the last to be retrofitted and, IIRC, the firm decision to do it is not taken yet (although it is very likely).
Old Jan 23, 2015, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Goldorak
This is wrong.

The A380 will be indeed the last to be retrofitted and, IIRC, the firm decision to do it is not taken yet (although it is very likely).
+1. While it is understood that the A380 will also ultimately be given a new flat seat, the airline had neither chosen such a seat for it yet (it won't be the 777 one) nor even firmly decided when the change will be made. A380 are most definitely keeping their seats for the time being and most probably for at least a couple of years.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:30 am

Programs: SkyTeam Plat, Bonvoy Plat
Sounds funny to me that the A380, which is a new generation aircraft, has "the old angled seat".

Only AF could do this !
Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Flying Blue Gold
AF A380 business class configuration

Regarding business layout/seats on the CDG-Johannesburg AF990/AF995, According to the A380 seat map information graphic from AF at http://www.airfrance.ie/IE/en/common...lan_cabine.htm, 6 out of 9 (A380 planes I presume) have had their business class layout as providing all aisle access. Does anyone know whether these particular flights have that configuration or is it the standard 2x2x2?
Also, probably redundant question given some of the previous threads discussions about whether fitted lie-flat yet, are they still angle flat seats on this destination? Lastly, any advice on best seats between rows 60-73? Both flights seem to be pretty wide open at present. Thanks!
Old Feb 4, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by Jclarke923
Regarding business layout/seats on the CDG-Johannesburg AF990/AF995, According to the A380 seat map information graphic from AF at http://www.airfrance.ie/IE/en/common...lan_cabine.htm, 6 out of 9 (A380 planes I presume) have had their business class layout as providing all aisle access. Does anyone know whether these particular flights have that configuration or is it the standard 2x2x2?
Also, probably redundant question given some of the previous threads discussions about whether fitted lie-flat yet, are they still angle flat seats on this destination? Lastly, any advice on best seats between rows 60-73? Both flights seem to be pretty wide open at present. Thanks!
Where do you see that? All a380 have 2-2-2 config in J, meaning that the window seats don't have direct isle access. The difference in seating is NEV3 and NEV4. Perhaps you are confused with the P cabin? Or the difference between lower deck and upper deck?

NEV3, is a segmented shell seat. It's outdated, fair enough for lounging, but not ideal for sleeping.
NEV4 is the better seat for sleeping. They are completely flat, just not horizontal, and two meters tall.
From my understanding, it will be impossible to predict what you'll get.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 3:39 pm

Where did I see it? There is a footnote in the bottom right of the graphic at the link shown above for A380 seating map regarding BUSINESS section saying something like 6/9 have been changed to aisle access.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 3:52 pm

My mistake, I just noticed that referred footnote is about moveable armrests and nothing to do with aisle access. Thanks for seat info. Zembla.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.