FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1642007-air-france-lounges-contract-lounges-master-thread.html)

Zarmakuizz Aug 26, 2020 4:06 am

By the way, the AMS Schengen Lounge is only open from 6:00 to 12:00 (noon). Only 6 hours, what a joke. The signage tells you to go to the non-Schengen lounge instead.

(Also it'd be nice if Flyertalk stops trying to "fix" my typing and create an even bigger mess. That feature on mobile is a pain.)

At least I'm glad the NCE T2 lounge is fully open, and with a nice service to replace the open buffet. Very nice staff!

gkl Aug 27, 2020 12:37 am

I agree the opening hours are a shame given that they are offering now also a lot of flights in the afternoon. As an alternative, for those with PP or Dinersclub, the Aspire Lounge next to the AMS Schengen Lounge is open in the afternoon.

flyertalker28120 Aug 27, 2020 1:14 am

Potentially stupid question: If one of the lounge reviews mentions 'Skyteam standard' under access rules, does that always mean no access to a contract lounge as ST E+ when on an AF eco ticket? (Specifically, I am looking at the reviews of WAW.)

wuzziduzziman Aug 27, 2020 3:17 am

Originally Posted by funkydrummer (Post 32632920)
Potentially stupid question: If one of the lounge reviews mentions 'Skyteam standard' under access rules, does that always mean no access to a contract lounge as ST E+ when on an AF eco ticket? (Specifically, I am looking at the reviews of WAW.)

Not sure I understand the question. Skyteam ST E+ standard would clearly mean access to the lounge for such ticket.

flyertalker28120 Aug 27, 2020 3:28 am

Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman (Post 32633014)
Not sure I understand the question. Skyteam ST E+ standard would clearly mean access to the lounge for such ticket.

Thanks, just got access as you predicted. BTW, the Fantazja lounge is closed--when booked on AF, you may use the Preludium lounge instead.

As for my stupid question: I may have asked a similar question before. But I always get confused because the ST carrier I use most (at least pre-covid) is DL. And DL doesn't pay for contract lounges.

Goldorak Aug 27, 2020 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by funkydrummer (Post 32633028)
Thanks, just got access as you predicted. BTW, the Fantazja lounge is closed--when booked on AF, you may use the Preludium lounge instead.

Thanks a lot for the info.

Originally Posted by funkydrummer (Post 32633028)
As for my stupid question: I may have asked a similar question before. But I always get confused because the ST carrier I use most (at least pre-covid) is DL. And DL doesn't pay for contract lounges.

Certainly not a stupid question. Indeed, DL has a very bad specific rule.

NumbThumb Aug 27, 2020 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by NumbThumb (Post 32624680)
Does anyone have information on the situation at LAX? I know J pax were now using the QF lounge but surely that’s closed at the moment as they’re not operating international flights. Is the KE lounge open?

To answer my own question, neither are open. I took the bus to T2 where I was allowed to enter the SkyClub. Bus from T2 to TBIT was easy enough, took 10 min.

TonyHe Aug 29, 2020 6:28 am

Orly 1 and 3 are open

maalloc Aug 29, 2020 8:34 am

Originally Posted by TonyHe (Post 32637871)

Very strange move from the AF Twitter community manager to quote the Airfrance.fr website as a source about lounges opening.

The website has been giving misleading information about lounges since early April, showing them open even though they had been closed for weeks/months.

I would take this with a grain of salt until someone actually reports visiting them!

offvoice Aug 30, 2020 6:52 am

Though seasonal AF/KL, Ibiza airport does have a lounge - see below for additional information:

Name of the lounge: VIP Cap Des Falco

Location: after security, make a U-turn to your right, it'll be in front of you

Opening Hours: 06:00-23:30, Monday-Sunday

Entry requirements: Regular Skyteam requirement. If you're not flying in Business, you might be required to display your FF card (an actual card or from the app)

Food offer: Warm and Cold, Fruits, Cereals, Cheese, Snacks

Drinks offer: Non-alcoholic & alcoholic (Wine, Beer)

Services
Wifi: YES
Showers: NO
Toilets: YES
Quiet zone: NO
Loungers/sleep area: NO
Business area: NO
Spa: NO
TV area: YES
Passengers are called: NO
Information screen: YES
Newspapers: POSSIBLE (visited during Covid)

Other information
Number of seats: 40
Level of noise: Low at time of COVID (could be higher with more guests)
Design: Modern, very comfy chairs
View: YES
Multi floors: NO
Terrace: NO
Smoking area: NO
Direct boarding: NO

TonyHe Aug 30, 2020 9:41 am

Originally Posted by maalloc (Post 32638106)
Very strange move from the AF Twitter community manager to quote the Airfrance.fr website as a source about lounges opening.

The website has been giving misleading information about lounges since early April, showing them open even though they had been closed for weeks/months.

I would take this with a grain of salt until someone actually reports visiting them!

how about this :
:-)

maalloc Aug 30, 2020 9:57 am

Originally Posted by TonyHe (Post 32639991)

NOW we are talking ;)

Thanks for the pics, very reassuring.

Goldorak Aug 31, 2020 12:15 am

All AZ lounges are still closed (for our safety...:rolleyes:)

TonyHe Aug 31, 2020 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by maalloc (Post 32640020)
NOW we are talking ;)

Thanks for the pics, very reassuring.

Live from Orly Domestic Lounge

have a nice day!

San Gottardo Sep 2, 2020 7:33 am

I think lounges in 2F are still closed in the evening, right?

As a substitute, does anyone know if the Ladurée restaurant landside is open? Just went on their website where it says that they are closed for renovation until April 16th. But this being France this is of course vague and could mean anything... i) works were due to finish on April 2020, and have then or a little later because of COVD, and the restaurant is open now ii) April 2021

Hence. anybody seen it operating?